Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky predictions

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'd be shocked if this wasn't a very close game, and I'm going with my gut on this one.

 

UK: 76

UL: 71

  • Replies 159
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't look for this game to be close at all! Cats go off in this one 88-64.

I look for a close game on this one. I think the team that is knocking down the outside shots comes out the victor. Pinto normally has a good game plan, but I just don't think he has enough horse's to handle the stud players UK has on the floor this season. I think we will see a lot of zone from UofL if the outside shot is not falling.

GO BIG BLUE

UL will be reliant upon Sosa and Samuels to play well. You never know how Sosa will respond. He may come out and drop 30 points going 6-10 behind the arc and make every play; or he could go 1-9 from the field, saddled with early foul trouble, 6 turnovers, and threaten to leave the team at halftime.

 

Turnovers for UK scare me and I believe UL's extended zone will give the Wildcats trouble. If they are knocking down some shots, they will be fine.

I know UK still has a game Tuesday against Hartford, but everybody knows the big game is on Saturday. And since nobody has shown any interest at all in Tuesday's game, let's go ahead and get the talk started on this game. A lot of people think UK will run away with this one, but don't count me in that group. I think this is one that will go down to the wire, and have both Cards and Cats fans hearts racing most of the game. Some interesting thoughts from KSR today on previous games where UK seemed to be the heavy favorite.

 

In 2003, Otis George led the #20 Cards past a stacked #2 Wildcats. In 2002, we let turncoat (may he rest in peace) Marvin Stone go off on our #14 team as the unranked Cards obliterated the Cats. In 1998, Denny Crumb and Marques Maybin (seriously) layed the wood to the #3 defending champion Wildcats. In 1997, Crumb used 20 points from Eric Johnson to eek out a 2 point win over the #4 ranked Kentucky squad. In a personally scarring incident, Tick freaking Rogers, pride of Hart County, and DeJuan Wheat beat an absolutely loaded UK team in 1995.

 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/

 

So as we can see UofL has a history of pulling the upset against the favored Cats. Let's hear it. Who wins Saturday?

 

The '98 game always sticks out in my memory. Who was the big guy UL had playing in that game? Was it Stu Jackson?

 

The Tick Rogers game I remember as well :puke:

Much as I hate to say it. UK by 16 or so :irked:

I would think UL would have more support say around 33% because 6% is crazy low.

I would think UL would have more support say around 33% because 6% is crazy low.

 

It's not about support...it's about being realistic! :D:D

It's not about support...it's about being realistic! :D:D

 

:thumb:

  • Author
It's not about support...it's about being realistic! :D:D

 

 

So you're saying Rockmom is never realistic about the Cardinals. :D

So you're saying Rockmom is never realistic about the Cardinals. :D

 

:sssh:

So you're saying Rockmom is never realistic about the Cardinals. :D

 

Nice knowing you LRCW!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...I voted for the Cards...so what? :p

 

Shoot, they've won before when everyone was against them.

 

So:

 

1) I voted with my heart

2) I think Coach Pitino is a better coach than Coach Cal

3) I think the Cards play better when they're dissed, for whatever reason

4) I remember last year when Sosa, who apparently only has one fan...me... hit that 3.

5) I remember the games mentioned in the article

6) It ticks me off that somone would deliberately disrespect Coach Crum like the author of that article did.

 

In short...I think the Cards will win! I don't care by how much, as long as it's 1 more than the Cats, I'll be a happy camper. And if they do perhaps lose, I won't be too upset, because apparently, they shouldn't even bother to drive over to Lexington for the game.

Yeah...I voted for the Cards...so what? :p

 

Shoot, they've won before when everyone was against them.

 

So:

 

1) I voted with my heart

2) I think Coach Pitino is a better coach than Coach Cal

3) I think the Cards play better when they're dissed, for whatever reason

4) I remember last year when Sosa, who apparently only has one fan...me... hit that 3.

5) I remember the games mentioned in the article

6) It ticks me off that somone would deliberately disrespect Coach Crum like the author of that article did.

 

In short...I think the Cards will win! I don't care by how much, as long as it's 1 more than the Cats, I'll be a happy camper. And if they do perhaps lose, I won't be too upset, because apparently, they shouldn't even bother to drive over to Lexington for the game.

 

I love the whole us vs. the world mentality :D If UL wins, they "shock the world", and if they lose, it is no biggie. No pressure on the Cards, which is a good thing. I also look for the UL kids to fight hard for Pitino in this game.

 

I do not think it will be as big of a shock as many portray if UL wins this game, for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. And remember that UK relies heavily upon 3 Freshman to carry this team. No matter how talented a team is, relying upon a Freshman every game comes back to bite you often times.

I love the whole us vs. the world mentality :D If UL wins, they "shock the world", and if they lose, it is no biggie. No pressure on the Cards, which is a good thing. I also look for the UL kids to fight hard for Pitino in this game.

 

I do not think it will be as big of a shock as many portray if UL wins this game, for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. And remember that UK relies heavily upon 3 Freshman to carry this team. No matter how talented a team is, relying upon a Freshman every game comes back to bit you often times.

 

 

Really, on BGP, it is us against the world. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.