Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky predictions

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Agree Pinto will have a good game plan, but that will not be enough. Close first half UK pulls away in second half.

Go Big Blue!!!!!

  • Replies 159
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RPI is a joke. Louisville hasn't played a Top 25 team yet and UK has played two in the Top 10. I don't need computers to tell me who has played the tougher schedule.

 

You want to talk about a joke, it's AP and ESPN/USA today rankings. I wasn't trying to make a case one team has played a tougher schedule or not. Just throwing the numbers out there to look at.

 

RPI isn't based on the two best teams you've played though, it's based on the entire schedule. What hurts UK's is they've played 6 teams 200 or lower compared to 3 for UofL. Also Uk has played 4 RPI 100's, UofL 6. It's based off of the overall. I was just pointing it out because once again this year the SEC is very low in the RPI. Not that it will matter, I think the Cats have a 1 seed on locked up, barring they don't lose more than 3 conference games (and that ain't happening).

 

Some like it, some don't. Just thowing the numbers out there. I'm indifferent about RPI/Sag. type rankings. They're interesting to look at, and they do hold some merit. But at the end of the day you got to go out there and win games. CPU's can't do that.:lol:

RPI:

 

UK-22

UofL-50

 

Strength of Schedule:

 

UK-160

UofL-44

 

As of now, UofL is the 2nd highest RPI team left on UK's schedule. UofL has numerous more games against RPI top 50 squads, so this will be a great resume win for UK. Obviously, a lot will change with these numbers, but it's worth noting.

 

If we're going with worthless computer numbers... how about Kenpom?

 

UK - 12

UofL - 36

 

SOS:

UK - 243

UofL - 271

If we're going with worthless computer numbers... how about Kenpom?

 

UK - 12

UofL - 36

 

SOS:

UK - 243

UofL - 271

 

I never said I was going with these rankings, just throwing them out there.

 

They both have played a pathetic schedule compared to KenPom.:isurrender:

 

Funny how different the two are on SOS...:lol:

You want to talk about a joke, it's AP and ESPN/USA today rankings. I wasn't trying to make a case one team has played a tougher schedule or not. Just throwing the numbers out there to look at.

 

RPI isn't based on the two best teams you've played though, it's based on the entire schedule. What hurts UK's is they've played 6 teams 200 or lower compared to 3 for UofL. Also Uk has played 4 RPI 100's, UofL 6. It's based off of the overall. I was just pointing it out because once again this year the SEC is very low in the RPI. Not that it will matter, I think the Cats have a 1 seed on locked up, barring they don't lose more than 3 conference games (and that ain't happening).

 

Some like it, some don't. Just thowing the numbers out there. I'm indifferent about RPI/Sag. type rankings. They're interesting to look at, and they do hold some merit. But at the end of the day you got to go out there and win games. CPU's can't do that.:lol:

 

Right, but would any person in the world tell you that UL has played a tougher schedule so far this year than UK has?

 

Playing a team with an RPI 150 or 250 is pretty much the same to me.

Right, but would any person in the world tell you that UL has played a tougher schedule so far this year than UK has?

 

Playing a team with an RPI 150 or 250 is pretty much the same to me.

 

Well, I think that's debatable. UK has played the TWO best teams when comparing their schedules. But UofL has played more potential NCAA teams (looking at who can/will win their conferences).

 

Plus, it's January and UK hasn't played a true road game. UofL has only played one, at UNLV.

 

I only posted the ranking to show that this game would help UK at the end of the year (as far as cpu rankings go). By the end of the year the comparison of SOS won't even be a debate, UofL's will be much higher.

Well, I think that's debatable. UK has played the TWO best teams when comparing their schedules. But UofL has played more potential NCAA teams (looking at who can/will win their conferences).

 

Plus, it's January and UK hasn't played a true road game. UofL has only played one, at UNLV.

 

I only posted the ranking to show that this game would help UK at the end of the year (as far as cpu rankings go). By the end of the year the comparison of SOS won't even be a debate, UofL's will be much higher.

 

No, not really.

 

UCONN on a neutral court and UNC are both tougher than @UNLV and whoever else would be next for Louisville.

 

I'm anxious to hear an argument that Louisville has played a tougher schedule... this should be fun.

No, not really.

 

UCONN on a neutral court and UNC are both tougher than @UNLV and whoever else would be next for Louisville.

 

I'm anxious to hear an argument that Louisville has played a tougher schedule... this should be fun.

 

OK, we've both made the point over and over again. UK has played the TWO best teams. UofL has played more teams with the potential to make the tournament. No one would argue that UK has played the two best teams. But my point is UofL has played more decent teams.

 

I'm not on here to argue. But looking at RPI and Sagarin, UofL has played a tougher schedule. KenPom says UK. You don't like CPU's. I'll take their opinion over yours. They have data to back it up.

 

As I mentioned previously. At the end of the year, this won't even be a debate. I was trying to show that this will be a big (ratings) win for the Cats. That's it. UK is playing for something big this year, quality wins will mean something at the end. I just hope the Cards will be a quality win at the end of the year.

 

And for the record, I just said it's debatable. You said no one in the world, which is obviously incorrect. Two of the most credible rating services in the world disagree with you.

 

I think UK has played a tougher schedule.

Well, I think that's debatable. UK has played the TWO best teams when comparing their schedules. But UofL has played more potential NCAA teams (looking at who can/will win their conferences).

 

Plus, it's January and UK hasn't played a true road game. UofL has only played one, at UNLV.

 

I only posted the ranking to show that this game would help UK at the end of the year (as far as cpu rankings go). By the end of the year the comparison of SOS won't even be a debate, UofL's will be much higher.

 

I don't like the Hoosiers either, but give them a little credit. :D

OK, we've both made the point over and over again. UK has played the TWO best teams. UofL has played more teams with the potential to make the tournament. No one would argue that UK has played the two best teams. But my point is UofL has played more decent teams.

 

I'm not on here to argue. But looking at RPI and Sagarin, UofL has played a tougher schedule. KenPom says UK. You don't like CPU's. I'll take their opinion over yours. They have data to back it up.

 

As I mentioned previously. At the end of the year, this won't even be a debate. I was trying to show that this will be a big (ratings) win for the Cats. That's it. UK is playing for something big this year, quality wins will mean something at the end. I just hope the Cards will be a quality win at the end of the year.

 

And for the record, I just said it's debatable. You said no one in the world, which is obviously incorrect. Two of the most credible rating services in the world disagree with you.

 

I think UK has played a tougher schedule.

:lol: :idunno: :D

Well, I think that's debatable. UK has played the TWO best teams when comparing their schedules. But UofL has played more potential NCAA teams (looking at who can/will win their conferences).

 

Plus, it's January and UK hasn't played a true road game. UofL has only played one, at UNLV.

 

I only posted the ranking to show that this game would help UK at the end of the year (as far as cpu rankings go). By the end of the year the comparison of SOS won't even be a debate, UofL's will be much higher.

 

IU.

IU.

 

You guys are correct...

 

Man, I must not think much of IU.:lol:

Just heard Siva might have the "John Wall Flu", and is questionable for the game tomorrow. If he's out, how big of a loss will this be for the Cards?

Just heard Siva might have the "John Wall Flu", and is questionable for the game tomorrow. If he's out, how big of a loss will this be for the Cards?

 

He's Sosa's backup. So if Sosa gets in foul trouble it'll hurt. It will also hurt the ability to press. He hasn't been a huge factor, mainly because Sosa has been playing well and Siva has been nursing a wrist injury for most of the season, it's really bothered him.

 

Hopefully, for UofL, the flu doesn't spread throughout the team. Pitino said Siva hasn't practiced in 3 days. Siva hasn't been a huge stat producer, but he and Knowles are always good for an emotional defensive lift.

 

I'll be surprised if he isn't feeling better by 3 tomorrow.

Edited by LCPATS

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.