Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Knight Slams John Calipari

Featured Replies

Classic Coach Knight :lol:

 

Despite his antics, I have always liked Bobby Knight and this is an example of why. He speaks his mind and he doesn't care if what he has to say is PC or not. It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong, he sticks to his convictions and he don't care who it ticks off.

 

Yeah, he loses control of his emotions and is not politically correct, ever, but I think he has solid principles and integrity. I would be willing to bet he actually feels that way or he wouldn't have said it and it has nothing to do with any anti-UK bias. JMO.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Bobby Knight but he's off on this one and what he needs to do is clean up his foul mouth and thank God the boys parents of the kid he grasbbed by the throat didn't press charges for assault! These guys are just Coaches not Gods and should be held accountable when real infractions take place!

Bobby has disliked Kentucky for a long time.

 

Who DOES Bobby like? He is and has been a jerk forever. This comment has done nothing to make it any worse really. He is what he is. A jerk and a bully.

Go and trim your eyebrows Bobby......When we were at Assembly Hall the other day I could of swore there was a "X" marks the spot where he threw a chair during the game.:lol::lol: What a Clown....Good luck in Lex this year when you are trying to hear yourself think when doing your interviews. Go Cats!!!!

I am not saying there is no legitimacy to Knight's claim. This statement however has not changed the way I have always felt about Knight - The good : Amazing college basketball coach and mind; media savy; witty; and a good analyst. The bad: bully; control maniac; sexist; hypocritical; unable to do what is necessary to keep up with today's game when it comes to recruiting and running a program.

 

I remember reading this a few years ago by Skip Bayless. It sums up my feelings on Knight. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060217

Classic Coach Knight :lol:

 

Despite his antics, I have always liked Bobby Knight and this is an example of why. He speaks his mind and he doesn't care if what he has to say is PC or not. It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong, he sticks to his convictions and he don't care who it ticks off.

 

Yeah, he loses control of his emotions and is not politically correct, ever, but I think he has solid principles and integrity. I would be willing to bet he actually feels that way or he wouldn't have said it and it has nothing to do with any anti-UK bias. JMO.

 

I totally agree with you.

 

I cracked up laughing when I saw this reported. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

John Calipari has never been accused of breaking any rules and until he does some of the criticism is unnecessary.

 

EXACTLY! :thumb: The Clearing House said the player was eligible. End of Story!

Pretty hypocritical statement by Bobby Knight, but he was probably just trying to get the donors more interested in giving some of their money away lol.

Bob Knight started coaching at IU when Rupp was still the coach at UK. The fact is UK was basically given the death penalty in 1953 as they were not even allowed to play in the NCAA regular or post season. Rupp was not even suspended by UK for this.

 

1989-90, 1990-91 UK wasn't allowed to play in the NCAA tournament. Cliff Hagen and Eddie Sutton were forced out. Emery Package with $1,000 for Chris Mills and Eric Manuel caught cheating on the college entrance exam.

 

John Calapari is the only coach in the history of NCAA basketball to have 2 different teams stripped of final four appearances.

I don't hate IU near as much since he was run out of Bloomington, but I still hate him. He thinks he is the know all, end all of college basketball. What a gas bag!!!!

Should be fun when Knight comes to Rupp as part of the ESPN College Gameday setup on Feb 13, he may be in for a somewhat agitated welcoming party.

 

I will guarantee you this, you will not see Bobby Knight in Lexington for gameday! No way UK & ESPN will let that happen now.

Pot meet Kettle!

I am a diehard Big Blue fan. I love what Coach Cal has brought to UK. However, anyone being honest with themselves realizes that there is a shadow that follows him around from UMass and Memphis. I know that he couldn't control Camby taking gifts from an agent, ... I realize that he couldn't control Rose allegedly not taking his own SAT exam and that NCAA Clearinghouse ruled him eligible and didn't actually have to prove that Rose did not take the exam, he was asked to prove that it was him. I know those things are not directly his fault. However, it may speak to the some of the types of recruits he has gone after over the years. I don't fault him for what those kids did, BUT that is the fallout from recruiting some high caliber players, ... there is an increased potential for baggage. UK wasn't willing to overlook that when they hired Billy Clyde. After that debacle, they changed their stance.

 

With that being said, I do find it humorous (to some extent) that Knight, who rarely recruited top notch recruits as, IMHO, he had to be the star of his team. He enjoys being in the limelight as does Calipari. However, they just handle their time there MUCH differently. Calipari recruits high caliber players who could possibly have some baggage. Knight slaps, headbutts and choked his players into submission. BUT, they did graduate a high percentage.

 

Right now, Knight has the bully pulpit and will say what he wants, when he wants, about who he wants and as often as he wants. That is who he is and what he is about, keeping the attention focused on him and his opinions. A brilliant basketball coach whose style forced him into mediocrity as he did not change as the landscape of college hoops has changed. He has said things about UK before and will do so again. It isn't just because it is UK, ... it is because he is 'The General' and it wouldn't be becoming of him to handle himself any other way.

 

This too shall pass.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.