Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

I don't know about that. I know that Tony Driver grew up in Glasgow, moved to Louisville (without his parents), lived with the OC and paid tuition. That is fact.

 

That's also for Male. I don't know much from that front.

 

Bottom line is, those of us that want to keep the big rivalries alive don't need this, and since Bev has gotten Manual involved, it's yet another notch in the year. It saddens me.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fun times here! We wouldn't even be having this discussion if it were about academics. Apparantly, if Trinity and X were filled with all the academic talent that Manual has, not even a murmmer of discourse would be heard. No one every crys foul when a potential genius winds up in a private school, until he winds up on the football team.
I dunno, alot of people like Thomam wish Manual and Males special programs didn't exist either.
I dunno, alot of people like Thomam wish Manual and Males special programs didn't exist either.

 

Which I don't agree with at all.

That's also for Male. I don't know much from that front.

 

Bottom line is, those of us that want to keep the big rivalries alive don't need this, and since Bev has gotten Manual involved, it's yet another notch in the year. It saddens me.

 

It upsets me as well. I don't like Male, never liked Scott County, so I don;t care. I am disappointed in Danville and Manual, but that is simply my own feelings.

Yeah we do, check out Iroquois and Southern some years!

But if Manual wouldn't take the best students away from schools like Iroquois and Southern they MAY have better numbers for football as well.

 

Kind of a convenient for you isn't it. On the one hand you have no problem admitting that Manual hurts schools like Shawnee and atherton by cherry picking the best and the brightest but on the other hand you will question schools like St. X and Trinity because of the numbers they have and the effect it has on schools like Western and Moore.

It's a shame, and I for one, hope nothing comes of this whole thing.

 

If the administrators of the private schools follow through with the type of thinking displayed here, I think it's too late for nothing to come of this. Those names on that proposition are dirty now. It's private against public, us against them no matter what now. I think passed or not, things are going to get ugly.

If the administrators of the private schools follow through with the type of thinking displayed here, I think it's too late for nothing to come of this. Those names on that proposition are dirty now. It's private against public, us against them no matter what now. I think passed or not, things are going to get ugly.

Sad, but true...

If the administrators of the private schools follow through with the type of thinking displayed here, I think it's too late for nothing to come of this. Those names on that proposition are dirty now. It's private against public, us against them no matter what now. I think passed or not, things are going to get ugly.

 

I agree> Maybe the KHSAA can buy "participation" trophies for all of the ADs to put in their trophy cases to make them feel better, like TeeBall.

Listen to yourself, you could substitute any private school for Manual and sports for education in your post and you would sound like any poster that opposes the split. It just so happens that Manual is the envied winner in this area and your skin appears to be pretty thin.

 

 

Amen to that!!! :thumb: :thumb:

I really want to see what happens with all of this.

:

Scott County is a joke. Your last two Mr.Basketball's grew up in other systems and came to your system. Now your going to try and punish programs for the same thing. What a joke.

:thumb:

To be fair Guru. There are a lot of other successful programs lumped in the co-sponsorships. To single out those three is a hard to believe they are the main drive for the proposal.

Then make us (football) exempt....or better yet.

 

 

KICK US OUT

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I think that it is ironic that Manual supports this proposal. At the same time they are being lauded this week for having a record number of National Merit Scholar Semi-Finalists. Well, where do all these kids kids live? What schools would be getting the glory of their success if Manual had not been allowed to recruit them to Manual? Maybe the other schools should propose a rule to level the playing field so Manual wouldn't win all of the time.

Where oh where are the Ram Brothers?

I think you know that we're opposed to this.

 

In any case, Manual's vote has nothing to do with the football team, in my opinion.

It is not fair to the other schools, but I didn't realize that educating students was a competition. Athletics are all about competition, academics aren't and when academic competition is in place Manual HAS been seperated into it's on division. Manual is it's own REGION in the National Science fair. We earned that advantage too!!

:thumb: :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.