Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

Way to try to dodge and issue when the facts are against you.

 

Get your facts straight.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And outside the county, Manual takes studenst from Oldham County and southern Indidan. They pay tuition.

Again, get your facts straight.

I understand why you would say Male and Manual as the pot calling the kettle black, but why is Scott County lumped into this group?

 

Cough Cough, Toyota, Rick Jones, Scott Hundley. Sorry I caught a little something in my throat. :lol:

what facts are you referring to

 

The fact that Manual has students from outside Jefferson County?

 

The fact that Manual's high acadenic status is because they have drawn the best students from everywhere at the expense of other schools?

 

The fact that Manual's resurgence in athletics coincidentally started happening at the same time they became a full magnet school?

 

Are those the facts you are referring to?

Jefferson County should, go back to neighborhood schools Only attend schools in resides area) and also give Male, Manual, Butler, Central. Resides areas.

Jefferson County should, go back to neighborhood schools Only attend schools in resides area) and also give Male, Manual, Butler, Central. Resides areas.

 

Athletics aside, most parents want school choice for their children. If the school down the street is not scoring well on standardized tests, they want to know they can send their child to the better school a few miles away.

 

I agree with this theory.

A student gets what a student puts into school. There are great students making great grades at the lowest scoring schools. If you want to go to a better school, move. Thats how it used to be. Everything was fine then.

A student gets what a student puts into school.

 

In most cases yes, but there certainly are some poor schools that hold students back.

 

 

If you want to go to a better school, move.

 

What if that school is in a neighborhood you simply cannot afford to live in?

 

Norton Elementary will periodically get students from Louisville's West End. I feel safe that the parents in the West End could not afford to live in the neighborhoods near Norton, however, they want their children to have better opportunities and feel Norton will best give their kids those opportunities. I have nothing against those partents who want to do this, actually, I admire it.

Scott County is a joke. Your last two Mr.Basketball's grew up in other systems and came to your system. Now your going to try and punish programs for the same thing. What a joke.

All I know is I hope Covington Holmes is not supporting this bill.

How does a school decide how to vote? What if the girls basketball coach is for it and the football coach is against it? Which was does the school vote?

 

Here is some information that I got on this subject from someone else.

 

The delegate assemby has one representative from each school known as the Designated Representative. Each school determines that person. It can be the principal, athletic director or another person. Most often it is the athletic director. After a morning of meetings, the proposals are voted on beginning at 1:30. 2/3 vote of those who sign in at the start of the meeting is needed for passage. There are approximately 280 schools in the KHSAA. If all representatives report at the beginning of the meeting, it would take about 188 votes to pass a proposal. If only 150 representatives check in, it would only take 100 votes to pass. If half of the delegates that checked in leave early for basketball or football practice before a proposal comes up, then the proposal cannot pass even if every single one of those left votes in favor.

Males championship? Last year Male lost to HopTown, X, & North Hardin. 2 of these schools are not private. Also to get into Male you have to apply In the traditional program. I have one son at Male and a 3rd grader who didn't get in. There is a waiting list to get into the traditional schools. We can apply before middle school again. Maybe coaches go to games and scout I don't know but it is the luck of the DRAW to get accepted.

I've talked to lot of parents who are upset because they cannot get their kids in. Public schools can have so many assistant coaches and this hurts the freshman class. Private schools...I'm not sure. There are no longer every week prep-rallies for football. All sports both boys & girls want to be apart. Boys private are not coed. The money raised for the new field at Trinity, if that happen at Male they would have to share with the girls soccer team. At Male if you don't carry a certain GPA you are gone. Fighting with another student you are gone. I hope it stays the same. I want to play the Rocks & X in the playoffs, but if you play at Iroquois and draw X in the 1st round, my...my...

 

So you are saying that Male doesn't bend the rules a little bit if you are 6' 3", 230 lbs, can run a 4.6 40, and throw the ball 70 yards. :rolleyes:

Disappointed in Manual but Male does not shock me. I think Bob Redman wants to be Trinity's coach :lol: :lol:

My son is an extremely good football player that wanted to attend Male H.S. but was denied because he did not come from the traditional middle schools in Jefferson Co. And if he had gone to Johnson Traditional MS he would have had to go to Butler Traditional HS. So I'm not sure how Male gets kids from all over anymore. They use to get them in the 80's and early 90's but not in this century. Ohterwise, my son would be there playing instead of the private school I could enroll him in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.