Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

For what it's worth, I hope it gets defeated. In all honesty, no system is going to be perfect, and the current arrangement is probably them best, considering everything.

 

As long as Highlands doesn't get put in the class with Trinity and Saint X, I'll be happy!

 

 

Why would Highlands get put in a class with Trinity and St. X. Highlands is a public school.

 

 

 

"We don't rent pigs!"

  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am suprised about Male also. I can't believe Male doesn't think their state champtionships are worth more because they had to go through Trinity and X to earn them.

 

I'm not, if this passes the 4A championship become the Male championship.

After reading the proposal and thinking about it, I want to go forward and say I don't like it. If in a few years from now we win state it will mean very little to alot of people. If we had done it last year, we would have been immortalized as forever being one of the best teams ever in this state. Now any accolades we recieve after this is put in place will have an asterisk attached. This is a 4A thing. My school is in 4A and is routinely knocked out of the playoffs before I want them to be. I know that removing T and X will make getting to a state championship doable every year but I don't want it like that. I want our boys to have to earn it, and to this point we haven't, so we keep working. I hate this "everyone deserves a trophy mentality." I don't need a trophy to validate myself. I hope it fails.

The private schools aren't "evil", they just use their ability to recurit to their advantage, which those schools that can't deem unfair. Private schools are taking what is given to them and I don't blame them. I am just tired of the arrogance about how things are earned. :mad:

 

What are you doing up so early anyway. :D

 

Would you please tell me what Male and Manual's defined districts are. Is it any coincidence that with their "districts" they have become arguably the best athletic programs in Jefferson County? How did Male go from a school that wanted to stop playing varsity football in the late 70's and early 80's to the football program it is today. Is it a coincidence that their resurgence in football started right around the same time that they became a school that could draw from all over the county? Manual now does the saem thing and their athletics are on an upswing. Coincidence? :lol:

I'm not, if this passes the 4A championship become the Male championship.

I doubt that, though I'm sure that is what Manual, Male and Scott Co. are hoping for.

So lets water down the academic pot???? Keep all the kids a little dumber??? :confused:

 

Baaaaad Idea. and again, this is an athletic site.

Way to try to dodge and issue when the facts are against you.

Not open as in open to all but certainly open as in no boundries within the county. This only makes my point stronger, thanks again.

And outside the county, Manual takes studenst from Oldham County and southern Indidan. They pay tuition.

And outside the county, Manual takes studenst from Oldham County and southern Indidan. They pay tuition.

I didn't know that. Hey, I just take stats and pass out helmets.

The main difference is that the local catholic schools aren't limited to Jefferson County. With open enrollment the school(JCPS) can theoretically enroll a student from anywhere in Jefferson County. The Catholic/private schools have students from Southern Indiana, Shelby County, Bullitt County, and other surrounding counties. These aren't kids that moved to Louisville for high school, but still live in those counties or states.

Neither is Manual. They take kids from Oldham County and Souther Indiana.

 

That being said, I don't know what will happen with the proposals but I hope that Manual continues to play St. X and Trinity in football.

If this proposal passes I hope Trinity and X drop Manual from the schedule like a bad habit. Why give them a big gate? Surely there are other public schools that will briong the crowds to the Crypt that Trinity and X do :cool:

Males championship? Last year Male lost to HopTown, X, & North Hardin. 2 of these schools are not private. Also to get into Male you have to apply In the traditional program. I have one son at Male and a 3rd grader who didn't get in. There is a waiting list to get into the traditional schools. We can apply before middle school again. Maybe coaches go to games and scout I don't know but it is the luck of the DRAW to get accepted.

I've talked to lot of parents who are upset because they cannot get their kids in. Public schools can have so many assistant coaches and this hurts the freshman class. Private schools...I'm not sure. There are no longer every week prep-rallies for football. All sports both boys & girls want to be apart. Boys private are not coed. The money raised for the new field at Trinity, if that happen at Male they would have to share with the girls soccer team. At Male if you don't carry a certain GPA you are gone. Fighting with another student you are gone. I hope it stays the same. I want to play the Rocks & X in the playoffs, but if you play at Iroquois and draw X in the 1st round, my...my...

Males championship? Last year Male lost to HopTown, X, & North Hardin. 2 of these schools are not private. Also to get into Male you have to apply In the traditional program. I have one son at Male and a 3rd grader who didn't get in. There is a waiting list to get into the traditional schools. We can apply before middle school again. Maybe coaches go to games and scout I don't know but it is the luck of the DRAW to get accepted.

I've talked to lot of parents who are upset because they cannot get their kids in. Public schools can have so many assistant coaches and this hurts the freshman class. Private schools...I'm not sure. There are no longer every week prep-rallies for football. All sports both boys & girls want to be apart. Boys private are not coed. The money raised for the new field at Trinity, if that happen at Male they would have to share with the girls soccer team. At Male if you don't carry a certain GPA you are gone. Fighting with another student you are gone. I hope it stays the same. I want to play the Rocks & X in the playoffs, but if you play at Iroquois and draw X in the 1st round, my...my...

WOW turning away students, getting rid of disruptive students Male sure sounds more like a private school to me.

 

How funny is it that a Male supporter is on here now trying to sound humble.

 

And if you really believe that athletic ability has no bearing on admission to Male, well let me say this, perception is everything. Ask many on this board that support this split because of the perception that private school recruit.

It would be real interesting to hear from some fans of the schools that support the proposal. I would like to hear how they feel. Are they supporting their administration or disgraced by their lack of faith that your kids can compete with private schools?

It would be real interesting to hear from some fans of the schools that support the proposal. I would like to hear how they feel. Are they supporting their administration or disgraced by their lack of faith that your kids can compete with private schools?

I'll give you one guess as to how I feel about Lloyd's role in this...

I'll give you one guess as to how I feel about Lloyd's role in this...

 

I just realized they're the only NKY school on the proposal. I don't get it. St. Henry???

I just realized they're the only NKY school on the proposal. I don't get it. St. Henry???

I have a long theory on the issue, but I'm not putting it on BGP. You can give me a call, if you like...

 

 

;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.