Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

I'm not familiar with anyone by that name. My point is that in another city (Nashville) I've learned that a diproportionate number of public school teachers pay for their children to attend private school. I wonder if it were that way in Louisville.
His dad taught History at Trinity for 20 years or so, anyway, it may be, but it works both ways, my best friends mom worked at St. Margret Mary and then Eastern when her girls went there, and her son went to Manual with me. There is alot both way because Jefferson County Teachers are paid more than Private schools normally.
  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not familiar with anyone by that name. My point is that in another city (Nashville) I've learned that a diproportionate number of public school teachers pay for their children to attend private school. I wonder if it were that way in Louisville.

 

 

In the JCPS if you send your children to private schools, your chances for promotion disappear. This is NOT heresay either, I have heard this from numerous educational professionals at different schools in different parts of the city. Some are the big name institutions, others are not.

Ya'll be nice to each other....you sound like a bunch of hens :rolleyes:

In all honesty, this proposal has very little to do with football. It has much more to do with girls sports and secondary sports. I get the feeling the football supporters on this board feel like it is all about football when in reality it has very little to do with football.

 

Then make us (football) exempt....or better yet.

 

 

KICK US OUT

Ram, I consider you a friend, so I want you to understand that my feelings are not directed at you personally, but at the ideology that PROMOTES the idea of separating one group of students from the majority, based upon an assumed "ownership" of some of the others. What a way to work things out! YOUR school Ram, has come a long way! You guys are competing....scarily I might add, and now they want to kick us out of the playground. Why? Because your school believes that they have a "right" to students that choose instead to play for the Rocks or X!

 

I'm not joking when I say that if this happens, I will NEVER spend one dollar at a public school facility. I hope to God we find alternative teams to play. If we have to play Jefferson Co public schools, I will not, as much as it will pain me, attend one away game.

And you have every right to do that!! I don't believe Manual has come out perse saying that we have a right to anyone. I think Manual is being purely capitalistic and opportunistic in this situation. Manual stands to benifit from this stance verses the alternative. I don't think they are trying to make some grand statement about rights to public school kids or private school kids. They are just jumping on the band wagon and there have been ZERO olive branches from the privates to encourage them not to. Also Manual has been bitten many times by title 9 stuff too, it is almost impossible to have a new men's team when it almost requires half the girls in school to join a womens sport. I think this has more to do with it than Football or basketball. And as far as facilities Manual stadium could never have been built post title 9. And I am not against title 9 either, I just see that it makes a difference when we have to live under those rules and private single sex schools don't.

 

In many ways the privates are a victims of their own success, if maybe Fern Creek or Ballard or Manual had won a few titles in the last 20 years then this would not have any support.

 

 

It is not what I want or what I would do, but I am not going to fight it either.

I guarantee he would not care whether they still play them or they don't because either way he is going to contend for a state championship each and every year because he is a great coach.

 

Not for nothing, but Male is the weakest of the Big III, and they don;t CONTEND for a championship every year.

Not for nothing, but Male is the weakest of the Big III, and they don;t CONTEND for a championship every year.
Which leads credence to the public schools arguement that the privates are getting all the talent in Louisville.
Cough Cough, Toyota, Rick Jones, Scott Hundley. Sorry I caught a little something in my throat. :lol:

 

I was wrong when I questioned that as others have pointed out. :D

 

When I said that I guess I was thinking just about football.

 

However, Scott County unlike Male and Manual does have a defined district.

It works against Manuals interest to support the private schools maintianing the status quo, they would be idiots to support that, they are going to do what is right for them. Not necessarily what I think it right for the game or the sport or the state of Athletics in Kentucky, but it is what is in their interest.

 

I might buy some of your argument, but lose ground with this sense, how can winning a "dilluted" championship be "what's best for the program"? Seriously, you as a mature level headed man, can not say that you would be happy winning a title without us and X involved. Like it or not, you are good for us, and we are good for you.

I went to middle school with Tony Brabrowsky. What is your point? :rolleyes:

 

Tony Bobrowski then went to Trinity.

Ok that clears that up for me I had no clue who that person was, is he coming to Manual? The fact that a kid transfers doesn't bother me, it is some stuff I can't talk about on here connected to that burns me. Your pm was not the hate one.

 

There are things that we all know taht irritate us about our programs and others. Believe me, Trinity/Manual is a two way street. Trust me!

Manual stands to benifit from this stance verses the alternative.

 

They also stand to lose as well. They will lose revenue from playing Trinity and X, they will lose most of their really good competition, losing skill, etc....

Which leads credence to the public schools arguement that the privates are getting all the talent in Louisville.

 

But that is not true. Doug Beaumont is the most talented kid in Louisville, IMO, I think it to be fact that year in and year out, Manual, Male, and Ballard have more talented kids than we have.

However, Scott County unlike Male and Manual does have a defined district.

 

Yeah, the whole county.

Yeah, the whole county.

 

But a lot of schools have that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.