Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

If your AD is on the list of sponsors, and you disagree with the proposal, I would suggest you give your AD a call and express your disappointment. You might also suggest that their head coaches join BGP (for free) so they can keep up with public sentiment.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your AD is on the list of sponsors, and you disagree with the proposal, I would suggest you give your AD a call and express your disappointment. You might also suggest that their head coaches join BGP (for free) so they can keep up with public sentiment.

 

Nice plug. :thumb:

 

BTW, we're usually right more than anyone else.

Manual surprises me, but to be honest with you I know Bobby Redman would like nothing more than to not have to go through x or T for a title.

 

Of course from what I have heard Jefferson County has ensured compliance on the vote. I won't go into anymore detail than that though, not in public.

 

 

You are totally wrong about coach Redman. He lives and dies playing against Trinity and St.X. He focuses more on St.x than he does anyone else, and maybe that is why he has beat these two schools more times than any other public school has. I guarantee he would not care whether they still play them or they don't because either way he is going to contend for a state championship each and every year because he is a great coach.

My son is an extremely good football player that wanted to attend Male H.S. but was denied because he did not come from the traditional middle schools in Jefferson Co. And if he had gone to Johnson Traditional MS he would have had to go to Butler Traditional HS. So I'm not sure how Male gets kids from all over anymore. They use to get them in the 80's and early 90's but not in this century. Ohterwise, my son would be there playing instead of the private school I could enroll him in.

 

The "Sophomore Draft"--Transfer after your freshman year.

what facts are you referring to

 

The fact that Manual has students from outside Jefferson County?

 

The fact that Manual's high acadenic status is because they have drawn the best students from everywhere at the expense of other schools?

 

The fact that Manual's resurgence in athletics coincidentally started happening at the same time they became a full magnet school?

 

Are those the facts you are referring to?

What ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!? Since becoming a Fully intergated Magnet School Manual has never finished above third in the District, has posted several 2-8 and 1-9 seasons and recently a 4-7 season in which they beat Trinity. The magnet program started in 1984 and last year that Manual had a mix of both local regular program kids and Magnet program kids they played Trinity in the finals in 1988. Then we went 2-8, 2-8, 6-5, 5-6, 5-6(most of those wins on the back of one great future NFL running back), 1-9, 1-9. What a BOON!! :rolleyes: Only since the last few years has Manual gotten athletes talented both on the field and in the Classroom. Manual does take students from outside Jefferson County that pay tuition, but I don't know of one that takes part in sport, I am sure probably one or maybe even a few do, but they are not our starting tailback, and half the starting defense like SOME schools cough cough, they come for academic reasons not athletics.

 

That said I personally hope that St. X and Trinity and the rest play us every year and I would not myself vote to kick them out. But I understand why it would benifit Manual and Male to pass this and therefore I see this as the administrators doing what they see fit so I am not going to make any phone calls or argue about it with them. Nor am I going to try to defend it either. One thing I will defend however is my school, the Magnet program and staff, anyone wishing to disagree with prop 20 that is fine with me and I can understand, but there is no reason to single out Manual or it's staff for doing what they see is best for there schools, I mean that is why Trinity coaches and X coaches go looking out of Jefferson county right? They are looking out for their program, well Manual and Male are doing the same. You don't have to like it, but to jump on them is just as hypocritial. I take slams on Manual's staff alittle personal so I am going to try to leave it at that, but to try to imply that this is a Male or Manual idea is simply ignoring the facts of the matter, Male and Manual maybe opportunist, but they are not the engine driving this boat look east for that my friends, they may not be cosponsers, but a lot fuel from this fire is coming from Middletown and Westport road, as well as frustrations from the "little" things, like OH I don't know treating other teams with respect and trading tape and talking guys into transfer out of freshmen teams halfway through the season. Little things like that have left the other schools with bad taste in their mouths so why should they take the privates sides when there is little to no respect given back in return?

 

Anyway, this is not what I would do, but I am not going to knock schools that do it.

What ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!? Since becoming a Fully intergated Magnet School Manual has never finished above thrid in the District, has posted several 2-8 and 1-9 seasons and recently a 4-7 season in which they beat Trinity. Manual does take students from outside Jefferson County that pay tuition, but I don't know of one that takes part in sport, I am sure probably one or maybe even a few do, but they are not our starting tailback, and half the starting defense like SOME schools cough cough, they come for academic reasons not athletics.

 

That said I personally hope that St. X and Trinity and the rest play us every year and I would not myself vote to kick them out. But I understand why it would benifit Manual and Male to pass this and therefore I see this as the administrators doing what they see fit so I am not going to make any phone calls or argue about it with them. Nor am I going to try to defend it either. One thing I will defend however is my school, the Magnet program and staff, anyone wishing to disagree with prop 20 that is fine with me and I can understand, but there is no reason to single out Manual or it's staff for doing what they see is best for there schools, I mean that is why Trinity coaches and X coaches go looking out of Jefferson county right? They are looking out for their program, well Manual and Male are doing the same. You don't have to like it, but to jump on them is just as hypocritial. I take slams on Manual's staff alittle personal so I am going to try to leave it at that, but to try to imply that this is a Male or Manual idea is simply ignoring the facts of the matter, Male and Manual maybe opportunist, but they are not the engine driving this boat look east for that my friends, they may not be cosponsers, but a lot fuel from this fire is coming from Middletown and Westport road, as well as frustrations from the "little" things, like OH I don't know treating other teams with respect and trading tape and talking guys into transfer out of freshmen teams halfway through the season. Little things like that have left the other schools with bad taste in their mouths so why should they take the privates sides when there is little to no respect given back in return?

 

Anyway, this is not what I would do, but I am not going to knock schools that do it.

 

 

Am I to infer that there have been no "little things" from the public schools to leave a bad taste in the Catholic schools' mouths? In life, I've learned, it's rarely a one way street in the game of tit for tat.

Am I to infer that there have been no "little things" from the public schools to leave a bad taste in the Catholic schools' mouths? In life, I've learned, it's rarely a one way street in the game of tit for tat.
Maybe there was, I don't know, I know alot of stuff I can't talk about on here though, and that is the part I have seen with my own eyes and others see too. Niether side may be perfect, but the idea of certain folks being dissappointed in Manual is laughable on face value. Why should Manual take the high road, when they know that is will not be reciprocated? It works against Manuals interest to support the private schools maintianing the status quo, they would be idiots to support that, they are going to do what is right for them. Not necessarily what I think it right for the game or the sport or the state of Athletics in Kentucky, but it is what is in their interest.
Maybe there was, I don't know, I know alot of stuff I can't talk about on here though, and that is the part I have seen with my own eyes and others see too. Niether side may be prefect, but the idea of certain folks being dissappointed in Manual is laughable on face value. Why should Manual take the high road, when they know that is will not be reciprocated? It works against Manuals interest to support the private schools maintianing the status quo, they would be idiots to support that, they are going to do what is right for them. Not necessarily what I think it right for the game or the sport or the state of Athletics in Kentucky, but it is what is in their interest.

 

 

Why should Manual take the high road? Why should anyone? Because it's the sign of a "better man".

 

If this comes to pass, there will be a much larger division than anyone can envision. This is bigger than athletics, or academics. If anyone has ever spouted the "Us vs. Them" schtick, they have no idea. The "Us vs. Them" scenario will extend well beyond public vs. private athletics. For instance, considering the progress of the JCPS schools, and the quality of programs they offer, they have become quite a viable option for a family to consider sending their kids to for many reasons. At this point, and I admit to most likely utilizing irrational thought processes because of my anger, I will move heaven and earth to make sure no (far, far distant) grandchild of mine will attend a public school in the state of KY.

I guess we will really see who supports public schools when the voucher system arrives. I still haven't heard from any of our BGP "public school lawyers" about the number of teachers that send their kids to private schools. I'd be willing to bet it would be embarassing.

Why should Manual take the high road? Why should anyone? Because it's the sign of a "better man".

 

If this comes to pass, there will be a much larger division than anyone can envision. This is bigger than athletics, or academics. If anyone has ever spouted the "Us vs. Them" schtick, they have no idea. The "Us vs. Them" scenario will extend well beyond public vs. private athletics. For instance, considering the progress of the JCPS schools, and the quality of programs they offer, they have become quite a viable option for a family to consider sending their kids to for many reasons. At this point, and I admit to most likely utilizing irrational thought processes because of my anger, I will move heaven and earth to make sure no (far, far distant) grandchild of mine will attend a public school in the state of KY.

I am not going to defend prop 20 Rockmom, I am only defending my school there is a difference.

 

As far as being the "better man" that goes both ways, why is it the Public schools should always be at the loseing end of that stick?? I am already recieving the hypocrite and hate pm's because people are mad at my school yet are directing it towards me personally! Classy guys!! Apprieciate it! Nice LSU btw! :thumb: The fact is I am not in any way invovled in this policy decision, nor is it one I would personally make. But I am not going to stand here and listen to people dog my school for doing something they would do as well if roles were reversed.

I guess we will really see who supports public schools when the voucher system arrives. I still haven't heard from any of our BGP "public school lawyers" about the number of teachers that send their kids to private schools. I'd be willing to bet it would be embarassing.
I went to middle school with Tony Bobrowsky. What is your point? :rolleyes:
I am not going to defend prop 20 Rockmom, I am only defending my school there is a difference.

 

As far as being the "better man" that goes both ways, why is it the Public schools should always be at the loseing end of that stick?? I am already recieving the hypocrite and hate pm's because people are mad at my school yet are directing it towards me personally! Classy guys!! Apprieciate it! Nice LSU btw! :thumb: The fact is I am not in any way invovled in this policy decision, nor is it one I would personally make. But I am not going to stand here and listen to people dog my school for doing something they would do as well if roles were reversed.

Lets be clear, you were the one that cast a negative tone on a kids decision to change schools. I consider it hypocritical since you failed to mention a sophmore player going in the opposite direction the same week. No hate, just setting the record straight.

I am not going to defend prop 20 Rockmom, I am only defending my school there is a difference.

 

As far as being the "better man" that goes both ways, way is it the Public schools should always be at the loseing end of that stick?? I am already recieving the hypocrite and hate pm's because people are mad at my school yet are directing it towards me personally! Classy guys!! Apprieciate it! Nice LSU btw! :thumb: The fact is I am not in any way invovled in this policy decision, nor is it one I would personally make. But I am not going to stand here and listen to people dog my school for doing something they would do as well if roles were reversed.

 

 

Ram, I consider you a friend, so I want you to understand that my feelings are not directed at you personally, but at the ideology that PROMOTES the idea of separating one group of students from the majority, based upon an assumed "ownership" of some of the others. What a way to work things out! YOUR school Ram, has come a long way! You guys are competing....scarily I might add, and now they want to kick us out of the playground. Why? Because your school believes that they have a "right" to students that choose instead to play for the Rocks or X!

 

I'm not joking when I say that if this happens, I will NEVER spend one dollar at a public school facility. I hope to God we find alternative teams to play. If we have to play Jefferson Co public schools, I will not, as much as it will pain me, attend one away game.

I went to middle school with Tony Brabrowsky. What is your point? :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with anyone by that name. My point is that in another city (Nashville) I've learned that a diproportionate number of public school teachers pay for their children to attend private school. I wonder if it were that way in Louisville.

Lets be clear, you were the one that cast a negative tone on a kids decision to change schools. I consider it hypocritical since you failed to mention a sophmore player going in the opposite direction the same week. No hate, just setting the record straight.
Ok that clears that up for me I had no clue who that person was, is he coming to Manual? The fact that a kid transfers doesn't bother me, it is some stuff I can't talk about on here connected to that burns me. Your pm was not the hate one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.