Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

Those kids would lose their first year of eligibility under Proposal 1, since their residence was outside of Manual's "territory" (aka Jefferson County). Since no one bellyaching on here has apparently bothered to consult a map, I would like to point out that all of Jefferson County is within a 20 mile radius of Manual (and Male) High School. Ergo (that means therefore in Latin), no built-in "advantage" for either school with this rule over X and T.

 

In fact, since all of Jefferson County falls within a 20 mile radius of H and M, St X and Trinity will still enjoy a larger area to draw from even if Proposal 1 is passed. That includes Crestwood, Lagrange, Simpsonville, and Shepherdsville for Trinity.

I just went to mapquest (I was doing this as you posted) and put a compass to paper and determined that. It does cut Oldham, Shelby and Bullitt County in half as well as eliminate out-of-state students. I don't like the KHSAA saying that kids from outside that area that choose to come to Trinity or X must give up a year of eligibility but I could live with that if the proposals author Jim (call me Mr.) Sexton give written assurance that he will not support any effort to make this area smaller, ever.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those kids would lose their first year of eligibility under Proposal 1, since their residence was outside of Manual's "territory" (aka Jefferson County). Since no one bellyaching on here has apparently bothered to consult a map, I would like to point out that all of Jefferson County is within a 20 mile radius of Manual (and Male) High School. Ergo (that means therefore in Latin), no built-in "advantage" for either school with this rule over X and T.

 

In fact, since all of Jefferson County falls within a 20 mile radius of H and M, St X and Trinity will still enjoy a larger area to draw from even if Proposal 1 is passed. That includes Crestwood, Lagrange, Simpsonville, and Shepherdsville for Trinity.

 

Would a 20-mile rule really have that profound of an impact?...All of the major metro areas in Kentucky (Lexington, Louisville and Northern Ky.) easily fall within this limitation...It seems like the rural areas would be most affected, where the distances between counties and schools is much greater...

You have kids at Manual that live over 20 miles away, how would THAT be fair?
Ok name one that is a starting or major contributing athlete. There may well be one but I don't know of one. Most our out of area people that pay tutition are Math Science Tech kids that live too far away to take part in many after school activities like sports, or they are Youth Preforming Arts kids that have plays and 70% or something are girls. And by the way I have only known of two while I was at Manual, Sarah Gettlefinger a dancer and actress now living in New York from Indiana I believe and Chip Cheng, who I believe is in Medical School and was from Hardin County and didn't play sports.

 

I think that the 20 mile rule is also stupid and will end up having St.X and Trinity drawing more from the JCPS talent pool in the long run. I am not for this rule, either, but this rule and the Transfer rules are REALLY what the JCPS schools seem to be after. I am just pointing out the mechanism to push it is the 800 pound Gorillia in the corner named Prop 20. It is classic bully tactics. Basically Sexton is saying" I want these rules added, and if you don't my posse over there is going to make something very very bad happen to you."

 

I am not in favor of this, I am just pointing out to people that in their fervor over prop 20 they are missing the real intent.

Sure is painful when the shoe is on the other foot isn't it?

 

The private schools have regularly had to defend themselves from attacks, based on nothing more then perception, on this and other boards since these boards have been around.

 

I realize that many of the Manual people on here have STATED that they do not support Prop 20 but your principal is one of the co-sponsors of it. The bottom line is that just like me you have no vote in the matter and your schools has already "officially" made it's views known. How are we causing more harm then good? Do you really think that there is any chance that Manual will vote against this proposal? Do you really think that anything that is said on these boards will have ant effect on the vote at all?

You know what there are ALOT of schools that cosponsered this prop. Just a friendly hint this is not being "lead" or organized by Male and Manual, but they are going to go along with it because it is advangatous for them to do so. They would be foolish not to do what they think is best. I am a Fan and I disagree, but my success in my livelyhood is not based in anyway on whether Manual wins a state championship in something. Look at it this way, Trinity and St. X don't have a problem advertising, or using the advantage they have with out title 9 to build expensive field and facilities, why should the public schools feel obligated to help the privates if they have a chance to help themselves??

 

I don't agree with it, but it is very evident why Male and Manual feel that they have a duty to do what is best for there students as they see fit. I don't agree with it, but I don't have to make those decisions or live with the results either. I just think that people from the privates side should wake up and realize WHO the leader of this show is and target that problem and that end of the county and not the Manuals and Males that are just on for the ride.

So if that proposal passes your believe that Manual and JCPS would be "above" the rules set forth by the KHSAA?
I don't think that is the case because right now it really doesn't effect Manual with athletics, even if the 20 mile rule did apply, the thing is unlike some schools that rule won't really effect the status of many or any athlete I know of from Manual.

 

 

And as far as Manual cosponsering the prop 20:

It is like in football it is not St.X's Offense's job to keep the score low, it is Manual's Defenses' job, well, it is not Manual's AD's job to protect Trinity and St.X, it's T and X's Ads' job.

 

The props are not going to solve the issues of inequity, nor are they going to improve the state of athletics as a whole, so in principle I am against them. But at the same time I understand what is going on, and who is the driving force and why they think it will help. I just don't agree with them. The Magnet Schools are next in line to this whole Witch hunt in my honest opinion and the power behind this engine is in Northeast and Eastern part of the Jefferson county and State for that matter. No one seems to be talking about how Boone County, Ryle, Conner, and Highlands will be voting on this matter....

You know what there are ALOT of schools that cosponsered this prop. Just a friendly hint this is not being "lead" or organized by Male and Manual, but they are going to go along with it because it is advangatous for them to do so. They would be foolish not to do what they think is best. I am a Fan and I disagree, but my success in my livelyhood is not based in anyway on whether Manual wins a state championship in something. Look at it this way, Trinity and St. X don't have a problem advertising, or using the advantage they have with out title 9 to build expensive field and facilities, why should the public schools feel obligated to help the privates if they have a chance to help themselves??

 

I don't agree with it, but it is very evident why Male and Manual feel that they have a duty to do what is best for there students as they see fit. I don't agree with it, but I don't have to make those decisions or live with the results either. I just think that people from the privates side should wake up and realize WHO the leader of this show is and target that problem and that end of the county and not the Manuals and Males that are just on for the ride.

If Male and Manual cooperate in evil and stand to benefit from evil, they are evil. And make no mistake, these proposals are blatant discrimination and as such are evil. I am a supporter of public schools. A good system of public schools is important. One knock on public schools is the charge that the education establishment is willing to sacrifice kids to protect their jobs. In the past I have argued against that idea. Maybe I was wrong, because they are certainly willing to sacrifice our kids.

If Male and Manual cooperate in evil and stand to benefit from evil, they are evil. And make no mistake, these proposals are blatant discrimination and as such are evil. I am a supporter of public schools. A good system of public schools is important. One knock on public schools is the charge that the education establishment is willing to sacrifice kids to protect their jobs. In the past I have argued against that idea. Maybe I was wrong, because they are certainly willing to sacrifice our kids.
:rolleyes: Good and evil now huh, glad to see you are being objective. :lol:

 

That is it I am done with this thread. I have said my peace and repeated it like a mantra. I am not going to sit here and participate in some pity party when all people have to do is connect the dots.

 

Poor Trinity and St. X, that EVIL Manual and Male might hurt there chances at continueing a complete domination of 4A football. Bad Male. Bad Manual Shame on us that went there for having graduated from a decent public school that has a Principle that doesn't support T and X in there quest for another state title. Boo freaking hoo. :rolleyes:

Male and Manual stand to benefit the most if Prop 20 passes. Convenient isn't it.

 

Male and Manual (whether their supporters admit it or not) share many of the benefits that the private schools have at the expense of other schools in the county. Both draw the best and brightest students away from other public schools. Quite frankly I don't care if either school does one thing to influence potential students the bottom line is that they do take students that would go to other schools if they did not enjoy their privileged (and after reading some of the posters here, elitist) status.

 

The fact that those two schools above all of the others have attached their names to this farce is hypocricy at it's finest and that is why their names are brought up.

Male and Manual stand to benefit the most if Prop 20 passes. Convenient isn't it.

 

Male and Manual (whether their supporters admit it or not) share many of the benefits that the private schools have at the expense of other schools in the county. Both draw the best and brightest students away from other public schools. Quite frankly I don't care if either school does one thing to influence potential students the bottom line is that they do take students that would go to other schools if they did not enjoy their privileged (and after reading some of the posters here, elitist) status.

 

The fact that those two schools above all of the others have attached their names to this farce is hypocricy at it's finest and that is why their names are brought up.

Yeah you are right. Now what are you going to do about it. If you think that Male and Manual are driving this bus then there is this great radio show on at night hosted by George Norry. I am sure you will like it.

:rolleyes: God and evil now huh, glad to see you are being objective. :lol:

 

That is it I am done with this thread. I have said my peace and repeated it like a mantra. I am not going to sit here and participate in some pity party when all people have to do is connect the dots.

Didn't claim to be objective. When someone comes after our kids, don't expect me to be objective. I have said in earlier posts that I'm willing to discuss anything, as long as it treats our kids the same as other kids. For me, that is the only nonnegoitiable.

Glad you agree

I don't.

Didn't claim to be objective. When someone comes after our kids, don't expect me to be objective. I have said in earlier posts that I'm willing to discuss anything, as long as it treats our kids the same as other kids. For me, that is the only nonnegoitiable.
That is what the public schools have been saying for years and since no one cared it has come to this sad set of events. Sorry if I won't cry for the winners of 90% of the last 30 years state titles. The biggest hypocrites are the people crying about this.
Yeah you are right. Now what are you going to do about it. If you think that Male and Manual are driving this bus then there is this great radio show on at night hosted by George Norry. I am sure you will like it.

We'll fight them in the delegate vote. Then we'll fight them at the Board of Control. Then we'll fight them at the Board of Education. Then we'll fight them in the legislature. And we'll fight them in the courts. And if all that fails, we'll fight them at the ballot box.. And while all that fighting is going on, we'll kick their tails on the field.

That is what the public schools have been saying for years and since no one cared it has come to this sad set of events. Sorry if I won't cry for the winners of 90% of the last 30 years state titles. The biggest hypocrites are the people crying about this.

Welcome back from your extended absence from this thread.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.