Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Featured Replies

That doesn't mean we don't see what's in plain sight.

What's in plain sight is YOUR school backing a plan that gives them a distinct advantage. To say "I see where are comming from, but don't agree" is riding the fence at its worst. My school is in this mess, and there is no defense from me for any of their actions. Simple as that...

  • Replies 383
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's in plain sight is YOUR school backing a plan that gives them a distinct advantage. To say "I see where are comming from, but don't agree" is riding the fence at its worst. My school is in this mess, and there is no defense from me for any of their actions. Simple as that...
Then you are making it a situation where you are with us or you are against us. I am not against the Catholic Schools, never have been, most my family attended catholic schools. And I am not playing those games. You want to argue with us, but we aren't your enemy, but at the same token our schools aren't going to stand up and fight for the schools that have been dominating the state in sports. Call Jim Sexton if you are against the props. We don't have anything to do with them.
Then you are making it a situation where you are with us or you are against us. I am not against the Catholic Schools, never have been, most my family attended catholic schools. And I am not playing those games. You want to argue with us, but we aren't your enemy, but at the same token our schools aren't going to stand up and fight for the schools that have been dominating the state in sports. Call Jim Sexton if you are against the props. We don't have anything to do with them.

:laugh:

 

Your school is on the list of suporters. You have something to do with them...

...Call Jim Sexton if you are against the props. We don't have anything to do with them.

 

Just sit tight. If the split happens & Eastern can't compete with Male or Manual, the witch hunt just reorganizes & you guys are the new witches. He'll make the argument that kids at Male & Manual actually "belong" to Eastern :lol:

I have this radical idea that the kids actually belong to their parents...how out of touch am I :lol:

Just sit tight. If the split happens & Eastern can't compete with Male or Manual, the witch hunt just reorganizes & you guys are the new witches. He'll make the argument that kids at Male & Manual actually "belong" to Eastern :lol:

I have this radical idea that the kids actually belong to their parents...how out of touch am I :lol:

 

 

I prefer the term "progressive" over radical. Watch out or you'll be labled a liberal! :lol:

Actually Jim (call me Mr.) Sexton's own school wasn't good enough for his kids.

 

They went to Male

 

And for the record I never called anyone on this site a hypocrite, I called the Manu"E"l administration hypocrites for supporting Prop 20 and I stand by that position.

This has probably already been answered, but, if this does pass, when would it go into effect? I have an 8th grader, this would make a tougher decision.

Just sit tight. If the split happens & Eastern can't compete with Male or Manual, the witch hunt just reorganizes & you guys are the new witches. He'll make the argument that kids at Male & Manual actually "belong" to Eastern :lol:

I have this radical idea that the kids actually belong to their parents...how out of touch am I :lol:

Oh they already have been doing that for years. Like I said million times I am not for the props, and it is a slippery slop. But this kind of thing has happened before, Manual won so many Regional Science fairs in a row they kicked us out of this Region and made Manual it's own region. It continues to be a struggle, and you are right that we would likely be next on the chopping block. The thing is though, this is not going to pass, and everyone knows it unless concessions aren't made on the other props about transfers and 20 mile rules.
:laugh:

 

Your school is on the list of suporters. You have something to do with them...

As much as you do!
As much as you do!

Problem is I have yet to try and ride the fence about mine...

Actually Jim (call me Mr.) Sexton's own school wasn't good enough for his kids.

 

They went to Male

 

And for the record I never called anyone on this site a hypocrite, I called the Manu"E"l administration hypocrites for supporting Prop 20 and I stand by that position.

 

I graduated from Male with one of Mr. Sexton's daughters. The Traditional program isn't offered at Eastern, but they are both part of the Jefferson County Public School System. It's not like he worked for the JCPS and sent his kids to Kentucky Country Day.

Problem is I have yet to try and ride the fence about mine...
I am not riding a fence. I am for Manual and against prop 20 and I don't really care to join the teams with the most 4 A titles in a pity party, sorry. That is not riding a fence. Thanks for playing. Try again. These props would not exist if there weren't an issue, that is all I am saying, I am not in favor of passing them.

That said I personally hope that St. X and Trinity and the rest play us every year and I would not myself vote to kick them out. But I understand why it would benifit Manual and Male to pass this and therefore I see this as the administrators doing what they see fit so I am not going to make any phone calls or argue about it with them. Nor am I going to try to defend it either.

Exhibit A. You can't have it both ways, no matter how bad you want it that way...

I graduated from Male with one of Mr. Sexton's daughters. The Traditional program isn't offered at Eastern, but they are both part of the Jefferson County Public School System. It's not like he worked for the JCPS and sent his kids to Kentucky Country Day.

 

 

No, it is likely that he wouldn't have ever advanced any farther in the JCPS hierarchy had he done that.

 

Before you respond bear in mind that I am in the educational field and I have had considerable experience with administration, teachers and coaches in this school system and I have a unanimous consent wth those that I have spoken to that if you do not respond to a particular question favorably on the yearly questionairre then your chance for advancement is effectively nil.

Exhibit A. You can't have it both ways, no matter how bad you want it that way...
Exhibit A read it again. I am not taking it both ways. It is like gay marraige, I have an opinion on it, but I am not going to do anything about it either way because frankly it doesn't effect me enough to. That is not fence sitting, fence sitting is trying to appease both sides or not being able to decide what I believe. I am not trying to do that, if anything I am making the publics mad at me for coming out against prop 20, and the Privates are mad because I won't condemn the publics and convert.

 

I have an opinion. I disagree with Prop 20, but I am not going to grab the torch and pitchfork or condemn the people that do support the props, because I think they think they are doing what is right for their schools and they have reasons based on the record to back them, I respect that even if I disagree with it and what they are doing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.