Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 92 Rider 63

Featured Replies

They still get beat off the dribble to much forcing guys to leave their man and help out creating open looks for UK's opponents.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were you watching the same game I was? Rider had at least 4 WIDE OPEN looks at 3 in the 1st half.

 

The ball pressure was improved, though.

 

I was 10 rows off the floor. 4 wide open looks... you make it sound like that is unheard of in college bball or bball in general. UK played much better D on won by 29.

News flash! Opponents are going to get shots off against UK and some of them are going to be open looks.

They still get beat off the dribble to much forcing guys to leave their man and help out creating open looks for UK's opponents.

 

True, but they are improving each game. I tell ya, Bledsoe has exceeded most guru's expectations on his ability to hit from three. He's over 50% from the arc right now.

I really like the combo of Patterson, Cousins and Orton. I think it's going to be a nasty trio all season long. I also thought that Darius has started to play alot better. Watching UK basketball is fun again.

News flash! Opponents are going to get shots off against UK and some of them are going to be open looks.

 

:thumb:I would venture to say over half the three pointers taken in a game are open looks.

News flash! Opponents are going to get shots off against UK and some of them are going to be open looks.

Agreed.

Few college teams, or pro for that matter, can keep a team from getting open looks. Teams with good ball movement are going to get open shots. I don't care if they're playing UK, Kansas UNC, UofL, etc.. They'll be able to get open occasionally.

Now with that said, few teams are able to hit as many shots as Miami and Sam Houston did regardless if they're wide open or not, even in shoot arounds or games. The two who hit all those shots agaist UK may not have another game like that the rest of the season.

 

Just my take on it.

This was the first game that I had to miss, but glad to hear that they played better.

 

I love seeing that box score...I'm excited and I didn't even get to watch the game lol.

Off topic I know but.... BigBlueInsanity, your avatar is about to put me into a seisure!!!!

I took my son to the game today and I have to say the excitement is back at Rupp. I usually get to see 2 or 3 games a year there and this is the first time in a few years that things felt back to normal. Even the walk down the street to the arena held an air of excitement. Wall, Patterson and Orten were very impressive.

Off topic I know but.... BigBlueInsanity, your avatar is about to put me into a seisure!!!!

 

LOL, ditto. I finally had to block it!

UK looked better. Orton stepped up. Wall is really adjusting to the college game. Bledsoe showed some shooting range. Patterson with another double-double.

 

This team is a lot of fun to watch and improving. Long way to go, but we are seeing flashes of the potential they have.

Enjoyed the game today, UK looked better today. Patterson was a beast on the boards and Wall was a highlight film.

 

Has anyone noticed that Cousins is a stat filler. He puts up numbers even in limited minutes.

I saw some definate improvement in this one, especially over the last two ad on the defensive side. Yes Rider got some open looks but guess what? That is going to happen, our opponets are sometimes going to get an open look from outside. I just don't want EVERY shot to be open (like the two previuos games). I believe there was much more effort in this game. Some other quick obervations/opinions................

 

1.) Patterson really looked good again and had a really good game.

2.) Cousins is going to have to control his emotions better or he will be on the bench in foul trouble in every game and just some advice Mr. Cousins....saying "the refs don't like me" is not exactly a smart thing to say.

3.) Orton imo really stepped up and had a good game.

4.) Walls is just amazing......human highlight reel, lets enjoy him this year bc he is one and done.

5.) Yes, this team has a looooong way to go but just look at the talent and potential here and just how "scary" good they could be. I personally am going to try and "enjoy the ride". :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.