November 21, 200916 yr Author Patterson with a monster game. Wall played very well. Orton gave UK great Mins of the bench today.
November 21, 200916 yr I wasn't overly impressed with the defense. I know Rider struggled from 3, but they had a lot of wide open looks. They just weren't able to convert. Cousins was frustrated the entire game. His tendency for foul trouble isn't a problem because Orton is so good too. Cousins is a more physical presence, but I love Orton's game. He can step out and knock down the open J, which helps a lot when Patterson is in. Wall played well. He takes the ball to the basket as good or better than anyone I've seen in a long time. I think he gets bailed out from time-to-time, but I think part of that is due to how aggressively he takes the ball to the hole. Bledsoe shot the ball well. He's very talented too, but he tends to take the ball too deep. He'll learn, over time, that he cannot get away with a lot of the things he did in the past on the HS level. Miller's mid range game is awesome, but he's not the outside shooter that this team needs. He can knock down the 3 , but not nearly as consistently as this team needs. I hope Dodson can fill that role, but I'm not positive that he can either...
November 21, 200916 yr Author 5 players in double figures for UK today. Orton with 14 and 6 off the bench.
November 21, 200916 yr For everyone who is so impressed with Kentucky's defense: Is it because Rider struggled from the perimeter? The defense was better, but still has a long, long, long way to go. Our post D is very good because we have so many talented big guys & Bledsoe & Wall both block shots. But we gave up way too many WIDE OPEN looks today.
November 21, 200916 yr Author For everyone who is so impressed with Kentucky's defense: Is it because Rider struggled from the perimeter? The defense was better, but still has a long, long, long way to go. Our post D is very good because we have so many talented big guys & Bledsoe & Wall both block shots. But we gave up way too many WIDE OPEN looks today. I think UK did tons better today at getting the hand in the face of guys.
November 21, 200916 yr When and what time is UK's next game? Tuesday against Cleveland St. in Cancun. Not sure what time.
November 21, 200916 yr Author Wall with 23 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds. Patterson 19 points, 17 rebounds. Orton 14 points, 6 rebounds. Cousins 16 points, 6 rebounds. Bledsoe 11 points. Rider 18/58 FG's 31%. 4/17 3's for 24%. Edited November 21, 200916 yr by bigblueinsanity
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.