Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 75 Morehead State 59

Featured Replies

3 point and FT shooting will cost us 2 games we shouldn't lose at some point. Horrible there. I do think Wall helps both of those last night though since he would've gotten to the line some and helped create open looks.

 

The worst FT shooter last night was Patterson (1-4), and he's been right around 75% the last two years. So I expect the percentage to improve.

 

Blesoe was 9-10, which is very encouraging since he'll have the ball a lot late.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know what the suspension is for, and how long?

 

What about that throw up basket by Bledsoe? Unreal talent.

 

If I read correctly on an earlier thread the statement was made that Calipari wanted to see if Liggins was committed to playing and being a part of the team first so he wanted to sit him the first game or two and see if that was true. That could be coach speak for grades, attitude or "we don't want you." But given the debacle of refusing to "go in" last year on Gillespie, it could be that Cal just wants to let Liggins know WHO is the boss. :thumb:

The worst FT shooter last night was Patterson (1-4), and he's been right around 75% the last two years. So I expect the percentage to improve.

 

Blesoe was 9-10, which is very encouraging since he'll have the ball a lot late.

 

Very true...Patterson will avg out and Bledsoe and Wall should be solid. I've got to pick at something though...

Anyone know what the suspension is for, and how long?

 

Don't take me at my word, but I have heard that the reason Liggins hasn't played is because something came up about his recruitment regarding Gillespie. Not sure if there is any truth to this, or if it is just another stab as to why all of a sudden Liggins is on the bench and nobody on staff is really saying anything.

 

I hope this is not the case, Liggins can really help this team this year.

In the 2nd half, it was about a 12-14 point game. Morehead had a little momentum and missed two pretty good looks from three. Had they made one of those shots, it would've been a little closer, IMO.

 

Probably because when you make baskets you get points. When you miss baskets, you do not get points. So obviously i fthey had made one of those shots, it would have been closer :lol:.

Morehead State was about 2 shots away from really making this a good game in the 2nd half. Stallworth had the worst shooting game of his career. He is normally about a 40% 3-point shooter - tonight, he was 1-12.

 

Surprisingly, they missed a lot of wide open threes. Morehead got plenty of easy looks at the basket.

Surprisingly, they missed a lot of wide open threes. Morehead got plenty of easy looks at the basket.

 

Stallworth is a 38-40% shooter from long range - he was just off last night after missing over a week with a consussion.

I'm sure him being #24 helps the cause as well. :lol:

 

I started liking him when I watched his highlights, but then yeah it definitely didn't hurt lol.

Anyone know what the suspension is for, and how long?

 

What about that throw up basket by Bledsoe? Unreal talent.

 

I don't know what its for but the word on the street is he will be back for Cleveland State.

Tyndall was blown away about the thought of Bledsoe and Wall on the court at the same time. This team is still a work in progress, 24 turnovers, very sloppy play but the talent is there. Three point shooting is still worrisome with Dodson being the only threat. I think we'll see a different team once #11 suits up. Should be a fun season.

 

BTW, who is you know who?

 

I heard Coach Tyndall's comment after the game 'If Wall is better than that guy (Bledsoe), ...." and then talked about how good they could be and how solid Bledsoe was.

 

Once this UK team figures out how to play together and understands what Coach Calipari wants, they will REALLY be fun to watch.

^^I think that is something that is over looked about Cal's style, his teams a Memphis didn't seem to go deeper than 8 or 9 men deep IMO. I think that though this team is talented throughout on the top 8 or 9 will play on most nights.

Why didn't Hood play in this game or did I just miss him?

 

Cal said he hurt his wrist in practice and would only play him if necessary.

I didn't get to watch any of the game because of one of those things that I had to do. What was exciting for me was waking up to ESPN and seeing the Cats Krunch as one of the line topics. Its a great feeling to anticipate UK topics again and see them in the media for positive topics.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.