Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 75 Morehead State 59

Featured Replies

Huh?? The halftime deficit of 8 was closest they were in the 2nd half.

 

BTW, here is yours truly with Andy Katz tonight:

Andy_Katz.jpg

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though Patrick Patterson quieted some critics tonight that were concerned about his efficiency in the DDO offense. He just works so hard on both ends, its tough to keep him from filling out the stat lines.

Just got home from the game, it was a great atmosphere and Morehead came ready to play.

 

* Patterson was a beast on both offense and defense

 

* While Miller did not score he tried to involve his teammates a lot and feed them the ball, shot confidence will get worked out but I thought he played good defense.

 

* Dodson has never seen a shot he didn't like.

 

* Bledsoe was great on the court and the crowd loved him.

 

* Kenneth Faried is a beast and really played well for Morehead and had to awesome dunks!

I though Patrick Patterson quieted some critics tonight that were concerned about his efficiency in the DDO offense. He just works so hard on both ends, its tough to keep him from filling out the stat lines.

 

I agree with you to an extent, but that wasn't the dribble-drive offense tonight. That was a halfcourt set that Morehead forced them into by playing a tough zone.

 

Calpari said after the game that he will be moving Patterson to the big man position so that he is the first man down the court on a break because 1) he knows Patrick will actually run down the court and 2) he knows Patrick can actually catch a pass.

 

He wasn't very pleased with anyone outside of Patterson and Bledsoe tonight.

I agree with you to an extent, but that wasn't the dribble-drive offense tonight. That was a halfcourt set that Morehead forced them into by playing a tough zone.

 

Calpari said after the game that he will be moving Patterson to the big man position so that he is the first man down the court on a break because 1) he knows Patrick will actually run down the court and 2) he knows Patrick can actually catch a pass.

 

He wasn't very pleased with anyone outside of Patterson and Bledsoe tonight.

 

Good point. I was impressed with Patterson's work on the boards for second-chance points. His sheer work ethics alone will help him adjust.

 

I thought Cousins played ok. His demeanor though is hard to understand. Is it Patterson will be switching with Cousins since it was Cuz getting down court first tonight, even a quick outlet to him for a layin?

The is a young athletic team that will have to find some perimeter shooting... it will be a fun year especially once they catch on to the offense more.

This one left alot to be desired (24 turnovers) but I have no doubt that the Cats will get there. Bledsoe and Patterson were great tonight an as LRCW stated whe Wall gets back (Monday) it will be even more devastating for the opponet. Morehead is going to be fine,the Eagles are loaded with experience and are very well coached.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!.........."The Commonwealth's Team"

BTW, here is yours truly with Andy Katz tonight:

 

Whats up with that smile? :jump:

The is a young athletic team that will have to find some perimeter shooting... it will be a fun year especially once they catch on to the offense more.

 

I agree, the Cats look pretty good for not knowing what they are doing yet :D. :thumb:

They have a lot of room for improvement, it'll be great to see what they can do mid-January when they are hitting on all cylinders. Morehead State played much better than I thought they would, as someone else said, Faried is the truth.

I agree, the Cats look pretty good for not knowing what they are doing yet :D. :thumb:

 

Totally agree... Wall is only going to break down the defenses more. Jimmy Dykes was in love with Wall all night "Show me a faster guard in the NBA than Wall." If Miller/Dodson (who isn't afraid to take any shot :laugh:) or maybe Hood can step up and be a sniper on the outside this is a very very good team.

I thought it was a good atmosphere tonight. A lot of excitement at the arena that hasn't been there for some time. Of course, this is only the third game I've been to in 7 years, so who am I to say.

Tyndall was blown away about the thought of Bledsoe and Wall on the court at the same time. This team is still a work in progress, 24 turnovers, very sloppy play but the talent is there. Three point shooting is still worrisome with Dodson being the only threat. I think we'll see a different team once #11 suits up. Should be a fun season.

 

BTW, who is you know who?

3 point and FT shooting will cost us 2 games we shouldn't lose at some point. Horrible there. I do think Wall helps both of those last night though since he would've gotten to the line some and helped create open looks.

I think Liggins will really help this team when he comes back from whatever suspension he is serving. He is definitely better than Harris IMO, and should give them another guy that has decent range from outside.

 

 

Anyone know what the suspension is for, and how long?

 

What about that throw up basket by Bledsoe? Unreal talent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.