Favorite Annoucer or Analyst... ESPN or other

Original Rookie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be the only human on Earth that enjoys Skip Bayless. Such a hateful person but I find myself agreeing with him on a lot of stuff. Sometimes he goes way out there, but generally he is spot on and he can crack me up. I DVR 1st & 10 every day to watch him and whomever he debates.

Jay Bilas is absolutely great, imo. He is the best in college basketball.

The chemistry of the College Gameday crew is amazing (minus Desmond Howard). They all do an outstanding job and Herbstreit is great at being an analyst.

I know many dislike them, but I think McShay and Kiper Jr. do solid work. Kiper is one of the more utilized personalities at ESPN and covers all subjects on the radio.

MLB-Boomer, Joe Morgan.

NBA-Marv Albert

NFL-Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Ron Jaworski

College Basketball-Mike Patrick, Gus Johnson

College Football-Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, Dan Shulman, Matt Millen, Trevor Matich, Chris Fowler.

Matt Millen is fast becoming my favortie analyst on TV. He's not a very good GM, but he knows the game of football unlike anyone at ESPN.

I may be the only human on Earth that enjoys Skip Bayless. Such a hateful person but I find myself agreeing with him on a lot of stuff. Sometimes he goes way out there, but generally he is spot on and he can crack me up. I DVR 1st & 10 every day to watch him and whomever he debates.

Jay Bilas is absolutely great, imo. He is the best in college basketball.

The chemistry of the College Gameday crew is amazing (minus Desmond Howard). They all do an outstanding job and Herbstreit is great at being an analyst.

I know many dislike them, but I think McShay and Kiper Jr. do solid work. Kiper is one of the more utilized personalities at ESPN and covers all subjects on the radio.

I also like Skip Bayless. I disagree with him a lot, but I do like him. I loved the days with him and Woody Paige. Those were some great shows.

I agree 100% with Jay Bilas. He is the best in college basketball, and Herbstreit is the best at football.

I like Kiper, but I do not however like McShay.

I don't like any analyst or color personnel. If you're that good, coach, manage, or play. Don't sit there and second guess everybody. I also get no joy out of listing to, so called, experts predict winners then analyze the reasons the coach or players made their prediction wrong. Waste of time. I'd rather come on here and read the predictions. They tend to be more accurate.

My favorite football game on TV = Jets/Miami in 1980. No broadcast announcers period, just the stadium PA and crowd noise. It was great! I wish they did all the games like that.

I do like radio play-by-play guys, though. Bob Uecker, Caywood Ledford, Gene Deckerhoff, Marty Brennaman, Ralph Hacker are my favorites. I like the Rays team of Andy Freed and Dave Willis, too.