Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cov Cath install lights?

Featured Replies

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORION viewpost.gif
Connor vs. Cov Cath tonight in Park Hills. I believe it is at 5:30.


Better start it earlier than that. Gonna get dark quick tonight.........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These quotes taken from the frosh. thread.

 

Tonight may be an example of why CCH needs lights.:idunno:

  • Replies 304
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORION viewpost.gif
Connor vs. Cov Cath tonight in Park Hills. I believe it is at 5:30.

Better start it earlier than that. Gonna get dark quick tonight.........

 

Tonight may be an example of why CCH needs lights.:idunno:

 

Againk we're talking "nice to have" vs "necessary to have." If the quotes listed are even remotely close I'm not sure its worth the investment considering there aren't any major repercussions now. Move the game up 30 minutes and we're good.

 

Would you advocate spending $350k to $600k for lights?

I believe lights would be part of a total rehab of stands, press box and sound system and I think 250 -350,000 for lights

 

Thank you very much for mentioning that "sound system". I heard a lot of people complaining about Ryle's sound system but I have to believe the sound system at CCH is the worst in N. Ky. It is like that old Saturday Night Live skit with the guy on the speaker in the New York subway system. Just tell the announcers to save their breath and stop annoying us by speaking and having fans trying to figure out what they are saying.

Thank you very much for mentioning that "sound system". I heard a lot of people complaining about Ryle's sound system but I have to believe the sound system at CCH is the worst in N. Ky. It is like that old Saturday Night Live skit with the guy on the speaker in the New York subway system. Just tell the announcers to save their breath and stop annoying us by speaking and having fans trying to figure out what they are saying.

Coach Ray Michael is a CovCath hall of famer and does a great job. I attended the freshman game last night and heard every word. Sounds like some wax build up.

Coach Ray Michael is a CovCath hall of famer and does a great job. I attended the freshman game last night and heard every word. Sounds like some wax build up.

 

It has nothing to do with the announcers. The sound system is the problem. I can't really comment on the announcers because I could barely even hear them. And it wasn't just me. Other sitting around me commented on the poor sound system also.

I can't believe there is this much discussion over this. Why would Cov Cath want to change one of the best traditions around here? They have the best of both worlds, "Friday Night Lights" and being the only game in town on saturday. Under no circumstance does Cov Cath need lights, don't do it!!!!!!!!

  • Author
Againk we're talking "nice to have" vs "necessary to have." If the quotes listed are even remotely close I'm not sure its worth the investment considering there aren't any major repercussions now. Move the game up 30 minutes and we're good.

 

Would you advocate spending $350k to $600k for lights?

 

They're close...right on, you might even say. I'm the general contractor. :D

It has nothing to do with the announcers. The sound system is the problem. I can't really comment on the announcers because I could barely even hear them. And it wasn't just me. Other sitting around me commented on the poor sound system also.

 

Are you sure you weren't in our gym?

Give them the light's! Help Coach Wirth change the mindset of the player's and the fan's. Start a new tradition, CovCath football under the light's!

Againk we're talking "nice to have" vs "necessary to have." If the quotes listed are even remotely close I'm not sure its worth the investment considering there aren't any major repercussions now. Move the game up 30 minutes and we're good.

 

Would you advocate spending $350k to $600k for lights?

 

I think they should assess the parents of CovCath graduates. Sort of a retro active tax.:D

Give them the light's! Help Coach Wirth change the mindset of the player's and the fan's. Start a new tradition, CovCath football under the light's!

 

Coach Wirth has done that on his own already.

More energy? I don't think there's anything at all to prove that the team's "energy" has suffered because of games played on Saturdays. Historically, I surely don't think their record would reflect that. And I think the Colonel Crazies are doing just fine when it comes to "energy" on Saturdays. Seriously, Cov Cath's student section has been written up in USA Today. I'm pretty sure providing "energy" for the game is not going to be a problem for them.

 

Again, CCH wouldn't know the energy, because they haven't experienced it. If it ever happens, I'm sure they'll love it.

 

 

It's actually called "High School Football". It's nicknamed "Friday Night Lights".

 

And yes, it's a popular nickname, but usually when I'm talking to folks, I say, "I'm going to the Beechwood/Holy Cross football game tonight," - not, "I'm going to the Beechwood/Holy Cross Friday night lights tonight."

 

Besides, I don't see anybody whining when they get invited to play in a Saturday bowl game.

 

 

 

I was at the Cov Cath/Beechwood home game on Friday night, under the lights in '07. They brought them in just for the occasion. It was fun, but nothing all that special. It certainly wasn't rocking any harder than it would have been 18 hours later.

Maybe they just need some new fans:banana:

 

I really don't understand the reason for picking out certain post to rebut the reason they would like to see lights at Cov Cath:cry: It's an opinion that we all have, and it's probably the same opinion as 90% of the U.S. Those that don't want to have the lights can continue rattling on about their traditional reasons, values and beliefs, while the others join the norm on enjoying "Friday Night Under The Lights". I am beginning to think that the Cov Cath light opposing faithful is simply jeolous of those that have the privelege of this Friday Night feeling in your "Home'" stadium. This post has come to a point of little Bobby having to justify why he's still riding the old Huffy and all the other kids having nice Cannondale's (For the old folks, that's an upscale style bicycle). So, no more to say here, I'll just get ready for some Good Ole American Traditional Friday Night High School Football. :dancingpa

Edited by LoveTheGame33
sp

Thank you very much for mentioning that "sound system". I heard a lot of people complaining about Ryle's sound system but I have to believe the sound system at CCH is the worst in N. Ky. It is like that old Saturday Night Live skit with the guy on the speaker in the New York subway system. Just tell the announcers to save their breath and stop annoying us by speaking and having fans trying to figure out what they are saying.

 

Maybe they should stick with tradition and use Megaphones:laugh:

  • Author
Maybe they just need some new fans:banana:

 

I really don't understand the reason for picking out certain post to rebut the reason they would like to see lights at Cov Cath:cry: It's an opinion that we all have, and it's probably the same opinion as 90% of the U.S. Those that don't want to have the lights can continue rattling on about their traditional reasons, values and beliefs, while the others join the norm on enjoying "Friday Night Under The Lights". I am beginning to think that the Cov Cath light opposing faithful is simply jeolous of those that have the privelege of this Friday Night feeling in your "Home'" stadium. This post has come to a point of little Bobby having to justify why he's still riding the old Huffy and all the other kids having nice Cannondale's (For the old folks, that's an upscale style bicycle). So, no more to say here, I'll just get ready for some Good Ole American Traditional Friday Night High School Football. :dancingpa

 

Jealous? Nope. You can trust me, there's nothing but pride amongst the Colonels. And just to clarify...I've been riding a Specialized for years now. :D

Maybe they just need some new fans:banana:

 

I really don't understand the reason for picking out certain post to rebut the reason they would like to see lights at Cov Cath:cry: It's an opinion that we all have, and it's probably the same opinion as 90% of the U.S. Those that don't want to have the lights can continue rattling on about their traditional reasons, values and beliefs, while the others join the norm on enjoying "Friday Night Under The Lights". I am beginning to think that the Cov Cath light opposing faithful is simply jeolous of those that have the privelege of this Friday Night feeling in your "Home'" stadium. This post has come to a point of little Bobby having to justify why he's still riding the old Huffy and all the other kids having nice Cannondale's (For the old folks, that's an upscale style bicycle). So, no more to say here, I'll just get ready for some Good Ole American Traditional Friday Night High School Football. :dancingpa

 

Maybe there are some on here that can't remove the blinders they are wearing and see that not everyone is alike, with the same traditions and thoughts on things.:idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.