Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cov Cath install lights?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 304
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dayton has lights,Bellevue has lights,heck even Pendleton county has lights and the mighty Cov Cath cant afford them? Give me a break.:puke:

 

Wow - I am totally amazed at some of the comments that some on here have been making. Really leave you speechless

Dayton has lights,Bellevue has lights,heck even Pendleton county has lights and the mighty Cov Cath cant afford them? Give me a break.:puke:

 

Are you for real? Please explain. Do you know ANYTHING about the differences between private and public schools?:idunno:

This should be a very simple concept for everyone to understand - public or private, tradition vs. wanting lights, $$$ or not, the lights WILL NEVER BECOME A REALITY until the zoning rules are changed. And I sincerely doubt that is ever going to happen.

 

I will say this argument has had some entertainment value in the past:

 

The Beechwood game with rented lights,

The trees planted by the Biology classes as projects that are now maturing to block the view of the neighboring houses,

The passing of an admission hat to those neighbors that would have block parties to watch the games way back when,

and even the year Highlands brought the cannon over to one of the back yards.....now that was entertaining.

 

:deadhorse:

 

To light or not to light is totally up to the good people at Cov. Cath. I have no doubt they can raise the money if they want to.

 

As far as the neighbors go....if you buy a house by a football field that is the risk you take. Besides, it is only a few hours on a handfull of Fridays in the fall. I do remember years ago, the neighbors who lived by the field having a yard full of people watching the games for free. Then Cov. Cath planted trees and put an end to that. No doubt people living near the field are Cov Cath fans.

This should be a very simple concept for everyone to understand - public or private, tradition vs. wanting lights, $$$ or not, the lights WILL NEVER BECOME A REALITY until the zoning rules are changed. And I sincerely doubt that is ever going to happen.

 

I will say this argument has had some entertainment value in the past:

 

The Beechwood game with rented lights,

The trees planted by the Biology classes as projects that are now maturing to block the view of the neighboring houses,

The passing of an admission hat to those neighbors that would have block parties to watch the games way back when,

and even the year Highlands brought the cannon over to one of the back yards.....now that was entertaining.

 

:deadhorse:

 

I believe CovCath will have enough pull to get the zoning changed.

I also think it will happen sooner than later.

I believe CovCath will have enough pull to get the zoning changed.

I also think it will happen sooner than later.

I think you're quite wrong and until the AD gets a better attitude and treats people better I hope you're wrong.

 

 

The neighbors were there first, then the football field, and they have every right to oppose the lights and keep them from happening.

I have to agree. The zoning is not going to change just because of CCH. I have said this before, they have wanted lights for about 20+ years and it has not yet happenned. And its not from a lack of influential CCH alum, friends, and family in politics and the construction industry.

 

I think you're quite wrong and until the AD gets a better attitude and treats people better I hope you're wrong.

 

 

The neighbors were there first, then the football field, and they have every right to oppose the lights and keep them from happening.

I have to agree. The zoning is not going to change just because of CCH. I have said this before, they have wanted lights for about 20+ years .

 

I don't know who "they" are but its my understanding that regardless of who they are it wasn't happening simply because Coach Ray liked Saturday games.

  • Author
I don't know who "they" are but its my understanding that regardless of who they are it wasn't happening simply because Coach Ray liked Saturday games.

 

Ahh, the elusively mysterious "they" argument. ...you've gotta love references to obscure groups of people who generally don't exist.

I am very surprised the term 'Park Hills Mafia' has yet to be used in this discussion. I am sure if 'they' (a nod to you Colonels Wear Blue) wanted lights, cement shoes and knee capping would be pretty persuasive to anyone standing in their way.

I kind of like a saturday afternoon game every other year.

Hey in a couple years when this is over can you start one about Walton. They don't have lights.

Ahh, the elusively mysterious "they" argument. ...you've gotta love references to obscure groups of people who generally don't exist.

 

Sorry Clyde and Colonels..."they" referring to those people in favor of lights, not meant to be obscure.:D

There is nothing wrong with the Saturday games. My only tweak would be to move the games up to 11AM or noon.

Hey in a couple years when this is over can you start one about Walton. They don't have lights.

 

Never mind, I was in Walton yesterday. They have a fund raiser to get lights for their field.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.