Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cov Cath install lights?

Featured Replies

I never got the stadium and the field having different names thing. Kind of one entity, at least to me.

  • Replies 304
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
It's a non-issue now it seems, but LED Sports Lighting is the future.

 

My company just did all the lighting for the Braves' SunTrust Park including the LED sports lighters. It would blow your mind how awesome those are. Little to no glare whatsoever, no start-up or cool down time in case of blackout (on that subject they stay so cool anyway blackout is highly unlikely), and obviously energy savings as well.

 

The price point to go LED probably doesn't make sense yet at the High School level, but in the case of CovCath it would have previously solved all their problems in terms of people complaining about glare.

 

[ATTACH]61400[/ATTACH]

 

I've been told that Cov Cath was able to spring for the LED lights. They will be one of very few facilities in the state with them.

and indeed the lights were on, on the visitor's side tonight and WOW did they look great.

  • Author
and indeed the lights were on, on the visitor's side tonight and WOW did they look great.

 

...pics or it didn't happen.

  • Author
...pics or it didn't happen.

 

Wasn't there myself, but I saw this on Instagram. I agree with @Theoldguy ...they look GREAT for only being half the field.

 

Cov Cath Blue White Game 05-11-17.jpg

Sorta neat in seeing these LED's in action. No spillage of light, on and they are on, off and they are off. How they are set up (meaning to make sure all area's of the field are lite) with a laser is really cool. Not at all surprised that the CovCath Administration went with the newest and best lighting system as in the long run, they will be much more cost efficient.

I've been told that Cov Cath was able to spring for the LED lights. They will be one of very few facilities in the state with them.

 

I would say they are the ONLY HS Facility in the State with LED Sports Lighter

 

That's really cool and a wise move (especially with all the gripes about glare over the years). Out of personal curiosity I would like to know which MFG they used.

I would say they are the ONLY HS Facility in the State with LED Sports Lighter

 

That's really cool and a wise move (especially with all the gripes about glare over the years). Out of personal curiosity I would like to know which MFG they used.

 

I know Musco Lighting did the work setting it up etc. and they are the ones who brought in the lights we used at the end of the season, but....I will ask our AD if I see him today to be certain.

 

Musco Sports Lighting, LLC | World Class Leaders in Sports Lighting

  • Author
I would say they are the ONLY HS Facility in the State with LED Sports Lighter

 

That's really cool and a wise move (especially with all the gripes about glare over the years). Out of personal curiosity I would like to know which MFG they used.

 

I know Musco Lighting did the work setting it up etc. and they are the ones who brought in the lights we used at the end of the season, but....I will ask our AD if I see him today to be certain.

 

Musco Sports Lighting, LLC | World Class Leaders in Sports Lighting

 

Unless I'm mistaken the manufacturer IS Musco Sports Lighting.

I never got the stadium and the field having different names thing. Kind of one entity, at least to me.

 

And what's even stranger is taking the money donated for the naming rights to the baseball field and putting it towards the football/soccer stadium.

And what's even stranger is taking the money donated for the naming rights to the baseball field and putting it towards the football/soccer stadium.

 

what...lol. misappropriation of funds. Foul ball!

  • Author
And what's even stranger is taking the money donated for the naming rights to the baseball field and putting it towards the football/soccer stadium.

 

Somebody's salty.

 

Was the money donated to name the baseball field stipulated by the donor or by the school to only be used for the baseball team and facilities?

 

Basketball and football are pretty easily the biggest ticket revenues for any high school out there and in pretty much every high school I know of, money from basketball and football is siphoned elsewhere as needed. Has the baseball team at CCH ever received money obtained through ticket sales at a basketball or football game? If they did, did the basketball team or football team get bent out of shape about it?

0610170713.jpgWhile it hasn't been set in place, the Press-box is now at CovCath and this is where it will be set in place at. Going to be nice

0610170712b.jpg

0616171632 (2).jpgIt's up but not yet in useable condition. A lot of work still needs to be done prior to the NCC Scrimmage game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.