Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cov Cath install lights?

Featured Replies

Personally I don't care whether CovCath gets lights or whether we play them on Friday night or Saturday afternoon, as long as we keep beating them. :D

  • Replies 304
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Personally I don't care whether CovCath gets lights or whether we play them on Friday night or Saturday afternoon, as long as we keep beating them. :D

 

Haha, nice...nice.

Haha, nice...nice.

 

I was becoming dismayed seeing the CovCath supporters going back and forth at one another, so I decided to throw something in here they could unite on......hating Highlands. :banana:

  • Author
I was becoming dismayed seeing the CovCath supporters going back and forth at one another, so I decided to throw something in here they could unite on......hating Highlands. :banana:

 

I'm pretty sure that's a cause that more than just the Cov Cath faithful could support :D

I'm pretty sure that's a cause that more than just the Cov Cath faithful could support :D

 

For sure. But I'd rather be hated and win, than be liked and lose. :eek:

  • Author
For sure. But I'd rather be hated and win, than be liked and lose. :eek:

 

True true true.

Does Coach Krumps know about these long-term plans to take down his trees?

Does Coach Krumps know about these long-term plans to take down his trees?

 

 

My guess is by the time this happens, Coach Krumps will be retired!:thumb:

 

I knew CovCath owned the pond etc behind the ball field but I never realized just how much land there was back there!

 

Thanks for the photo!

  • Author
Does Coach Krumps know about these long-term plans to take down his trees?

 

I'd imagine so, and I'd assume he's pretty unhappy about it. I can still remember him raging over Guidigli cutting down the trees between the parking lot at the old school and the Town & Country lot so they could put in the shot put circle. ...he's one man I'd prefer to never have mad at me.

For sure. But I'd rather be hated and win, than be liked and lose. :eek:

 

Nothing but love for leatherneck. You have posted more thoughtful, measured and kind observations about Cov. Cath. over the past couple of years than most of the Cov. Cath. associated BGP'sters. :clap:

As a former Highlands player, I hated playing football on saturdays. If I were Cov Cath I would not get lights. Consider it more of a home field advantage to them. Playing on saturdays is out of the regular routine.

 

I will purpose this:

 

If they were to get lights, one option would be that they could keep the tradition by having one saturday game a year.

Thought it might be a good time to bring this back up...

 

:sssh:

 

So, are you bringing this up now because they are talking about getting lights or are you just beating a dead horse?

Another "disadvantage" that I've discussed with others. While it may be a little bit of an advantage for CCH to play on Saturday when all other teams are used to playing on Friday, it's once a year for their opponents. Meanwhile, CCH is costing their players 5 days of recovery, at least, throughout a normal season. While most are watching films Saturday and getting treatment, with a full recovery day on Sunday before Monday practice. For half the season CCH's players are either losing a day of practice/preparation or a day of recovery when they play Saturday then Friday.

 

Maybe it doesn't mean much to them. Just a thought.

^ But sometimes they gain an extra day because they play on Saturday. It balances out. I'd like to see lights installed, but keep the tradition and play at least one Saturday afternoon game a year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.