Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cov Cath install lights?

Featured Replies

See you can use the light money to do that!

 

Oh btw, thanks for proving my point about a new gym.

Have you heard of reference books/materials Media rooms etc?

 

New scoreboard, new press box, new speakers for football, new visitors dugout, new press box for the baseball team, weight equipment for the Schott building, TV cameras to do the games not only via audio but also video and a bunch more improvements that can be done if that money isn't spent on lights!

 

You still didn't answer my question of who paid for the lights on your field?

Taxpayers?

 

Waiting.....

Sorry, but I won't be as Colerful as you but to answer your question

 

Actually no, not the Taxpayers! But whatever!!!

 

The Gym issue, you bit on that one.:banana:

 

Again Library, it's brand freaking new!

 

The complex, get over it. It's very nice what you have now. Everyday I drop my daughter at Notre Dame Academy, I look over there and see a brand new School with a Million dollar indoor Olympic training center(thanks Bill H.) and field turf and no lights. Hey, I say keep it as it is then. Use the money for other things if you can get it. The tree may be a little bare at the moment. I just hope I'm not forced again to give at the Sunday plate to support it.

 

I think my dollars should stay in my school District. Sorry off on a whole other tangent.

  • Replies 304
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The taxpayers are exactly who keep CCH from getting lights with the restricted zoning, etc. This has been so for 30 years and will not change, not even with the influence that CCH parents, friends, alum, and family have in the political and construction community. Enjoy and embrace the tradition!!! It's not like things are going to change.:deadhorse:

The complex, get over it. It's very nice what you have now. Everyday I drop my daughter at Notre Dame Academy, I look over there and see a brand new School with a Million dollar indoor Olympic training center(thanks Bill H.) .

 

CCH has a Million Dollar indoor Olympic training center paid for by some cat named Bill H?

 

I guess should pay more attention to notes sent home.

This is crazy. The "should Cov. Cath. have lights" thread has twice as many post as the Game thread.:confused::idunno::lol:

Imagine if they wanted to change the mascot or school color. What would that be like?

BTW this is what it looked like on the only night game....

 

CovCath vs Beechwood 2007 click here

 

It looks like the crowd at that night game is twice the size of the crowd they had at the Saturday afternoon game last week. I know, special event but ....

Anyone who argues that the energy and feel of that game (Beechwood vs CovCath under the lights) wasn't so much more intense and exciting is crazy and on top of it there were twice as many people there. It was a special night and a special event, but that wouldn't be standard. Keep it the way it is, embrace it, it isn't going to change.

 

As for the rift between the AD and neighbors for whoever was concerned, if you'd like to know feel free to PM me.

Sorry, but I won't be as Colerful as you but to answer your question

 

Actually no, not the Taxpayers! But whatever!!!

 

The Gym issue, you bit on that one.:banana:

 

Again Library, it's brand freaking new!

 

The complex, get over it. It's very nice what you have now. Everyday I drop my daughter at Notre Dame Academy, I look over there and see a brand new School with a Million dollar indoor Olympic training center(thanks Bill H.) and field turf and no lights. Hey, I say keep it as it is then. Use the money for other things if you can get it. The tree may be a little bare at the moment. I just hope I'm not forced again to give at the Sunday plate to support it.

 

I think my dollars should stay in my school District. Sorry off on a whole other tangent.

 

I am confused, you think I want lights? Nope, I think it would be a waste of money that could be used for other things!

I think the reason CCH doesn't have lights can be seen in this thread. There are a lot of CCH people who really don't want lights. That is the bottom line reason here. Just read through the thread. The only other reason that has been discussed is the cost. But I pose these questions for those claiming "woe is me" or how do we pay for it. Who paid for the nice turf field and track? Who paid for the very nice training center? Who paid for the grotto area? And I won't even ask about who paid for the new school building because academics is different than athletics. Those are all rhetorical questions that I really don't need answers to. The point is, if CCH really wanted lights, cost is not an issue as is well proven by the sports complex in place at CCH. No, the reason CCH doesn't have lights is because not enough people really want the lights.

I say no. Thats been something that has been a tradition type thing.

I think the reason CCH doesn't have lights can be seen in this thread. There are a lot of CCH people who really don't want lights. That is the bottom line reason here. Just read through the thread. The only other reason that has been discussed is the cost. But I pose these questions for those claiming "woe is me" or how do we pay for it. Who paid for the nice turf field and track? Who paid for the very nice training center? Who paid for the grotto area? And I won't even ask about who paid for the new school building because academics is different than athletics. Those are all rhetorical questions that I really don't need answers to. The point is, if CCH really wanted lights, cost is not an issue as is well proven by the sports complex in place at CCH. No, the reason CCH doesn't have lights is because not enough people really want the lights.

 

Field is still being paid for by boosters and fundraisers.

 

Building was paid for by Schott Foundation donation. No CCH money that I know of.

 

Grotto labor was donated by an alum.

 

I and many others are paying for the academic building.

 

Your point is correct. Its simply not a priority and way down the list of things to do.

Field is still being paid for by boosters and fundraisers.

 

Building was paid for by Schott Foundation donation. No CCH money that I know of.

 

Grotto labor was donated by an alum.

 

I and many others are paying for the academic building.

 

Your point is correct. Its simply not a priority and way down the list of things to do.

 

Forget the money...line the field with preferred parking spots for season ticket holders and require them to leave their lights on.... :lol:

BTW this is what it looked like on the only night game....

 

CovCath vs Beechwood 2007 click here

 

That is a great photo. I just set it as my computer background. :thumb:

  • Author
Imagine if they wanted to change the mascot or school color. What would that be like?

 

...apparently we should change our mascot to the "Cov Cath Scrooge McDucks". From what some of these folks keep telling us, we've got money lying around all over the place.

 

What do you think, Ram, gold plating for the new school color? I like it. :banana:

 

333832254_1bdb784010.jpg

No one has proven to me that CCH couldn't figure out a way to pay for lights IF CCH wanted lights. You guys are proving that point. Marge Schott donation, alumni providing free labor, alumni making large contributions, boosters fundraising...etc.

 

Not saying there's a slush fund somewhere, just saying CCH has the means to come up with money for lights if CCH wants lights.

  • Author
No one has proven to me that CCH couldn't figure out a way to pay for lights IF CCH wanted lights. You guys are proving that point. Marge Schott donation, alumni providing free labor, alumni making large contributions, boosters fundraising...etc.

 

Not saying there's a slush fund somewhere, just saying CCH has the means to come up with money for lights if CCH wants lights.

 

I don't think anyone would argue that with you, Crash, because yes, in the last 15 years, we've come up with the money for a new school, a new turf field, a new athletic building and Mary's Grotto. I think the point is, for as much time and effort as it would take to raise the money for the lights, there are many other things, to the football stadium even, that Cov Cath would benefit from first.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.