Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cov Cath install lights?

Featured Replies

I don't think anyone would argue that with you, Crash, because yes, in the last 15 years, we've come up with the money for a new school, a new turf field, a new athletic building and Mary's Grotto. I think the point is, for as much time and effort as it would take to raise the money for the lights, there are many other things, to the football stadium even, that Cov Cath would benefit from first.

 

Well that, and the fact that apparently not many from CCH actually want lights on the football field.

  • Replies 304
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are needs and wants. That much money better solve a need. In this economy, it better be a BIG need. IMO, there will not be lights at CovCath for a very, very long time.

Well that, and the fact that apparently not many from CCH actually want lights on the football field.

 

Almost everyone I know at CovCath want lights, and I have talked to many Boosters to know it has been talked about.

Again this is more than a football on Saturday issue, did the soccer game last night get finished. I lefted before 7:30 and it was very dark.

The football team has lost two nights of practice time this week because of soccer or freshman football.

May be it is time for the football team to go back to practicing at it's traditional location, the baseball field.

Way too many things going on to fit them in the short days of fall.

The Middle schoolers has cut a half hour from practice because of darkness.

...apparently we should change our mascot to the "Cov Cath Scrooge McDucks". From what some of these folks keep telling us, we've got money lying around all over the place.

 

What do you think, Ram, gold plating for the new school color? I like it. :banana:

 

333832254_1bdb784010.jpg

 

Well, if you have money laying around, our school could use a simple batting cage, either inside or outside.:D We would like to have a whole building or a restroom close to the field, but a simple cage will do for now. On a serious note, how does the Schott foundation distribute money? Is it just Catholic schools or do they give monies to public schools as well?

Well, if you have money laying around, our school could use a simple batting cage, either inside or outside.:D We would like to have a whole building or a restroom close to the field, but a simple cage will do for now. On a serious note, how does the Schott foundation distribute money? Is it just Catholic schools or do they give monies to public schools as well?

 

Does not hurt being a catholic school

Does not hurt being a catholic school

 

Just curious how you know this.

Just curious how you know this.

 

She was a very big supporter of catholic schools.

She also gave money for the new school.

I don't get it. Is it a rule a school must have lights? Don't think so. Is it a rule must play on Friday? Don't think so. Walton dosn't have lights. They play on Saturday. New Cath has to play on Saturdays sometimes. Holy Cross has to play some of their games on Saturday. I guess unless your going to pay Cov Caths bills if you don't like it don't go to their games.

  • Author
I don't get it. Is it a rule a school must have lights? Don't think so. Is it a rule must play on Friday? Don't think so. Walton dosn't have lights. They play on Saturday. New Cath has to play on Saturdays sometimes. Holy Cross has to play some of their games on Saturday. I guess unless your going to pay Cov Caths bills if you don't like it don't go to their games.

 

:ylsuper:

Marge Schott went to an all-girls catholic school. She came and spoke to the students at Covington Catholic a year or so before she passed.

 

Afterwards, she donated some money to the school. She placed a lot of importance on a Catholic education and showed that through her donation and speech to the students & faculty.

Field is still being paid for by boosters and fundraisers.

Building was paid for by Schott Foundation donation. No CCH money that I know of.

 

Grotto labor was donated by an alum.

 

I and many others are paying for the academic building.

 

Your point is correct. Its simply not a priority and way down the list of things to do.

 

Clyde not quite true, at least not from what I have been told by a CovCath Booster who I know knew what went on as far as that building being built!

 

Below is what I was told!

 

"The Schott Foundattion contributed $500K to the $2.1 million cost. Saying they paid for the building is misleading and not true. This was the bid costs and I do not know the final costs so I would not act as though I was the absolute authority. The Boosters are paying the rest of the costs I can tell you that."

Clyde not quite true, at least not from what I have been told by a CovCath Booster who I know knew what went on as far as that building being built!

 

Below is what I was told!

 

"The Schott Foundattion contributed $500K to the $2.1 million cost. Saying they paid for the building is misleading and not true. This was the bid costs and I do not know the final costs so I would not act as though I was the absolute authority. The Boosters are paying the rest of the costs I can tell you that."

 

Thanks for the info.

I must admit. Today would be a good day to have lights. Crappy day for homecoming.

I must admit. Today would be a good day to have lights. Crappy day for homecoming.

 

 

The only weather positive is that it won't be 38 degrees outside this afternoon! Nothing worse than standing in the rain, wind and cold!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While I love tradition, go for lights. With Multiple football and soccer teams they would be used a great deal. I wasn't there but would lights have be a help at the freshman championship soccer game last night? Between football and soccer CCH has had so much success that I am shocked that the switch has not happened.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.