More negative publicity for UK and coach Calipari?

TrueBlueWildcat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002 Men's Volleyball - U of Hawaii

Volleyball and Track and Field is not college basketball. If a title was stripped in either football and basketball it would be headline news EVERYWHERE!! I consider myself a sports freak and I remember hearing something one late night about Arkansas's T and F but never about Hawaii's volleyball team. It doesn't come close to something like that happening in basketball or football.

Volleyball and Track and Field is not college basketball. If a title was stripped in either football and basketball it would be headline news EVERYWHERE!! I consider myself a sports freak and I remember hearing something one late night about Arkansas's T and F but never about Hawaii's volleyball team. It doesn't come close to something like that happening in basketball or football.

Agreed, but again this verifies my point of the NCAA's complete hypocrisy. Football & basketball championships don't get taken away because they are the money-making sports.

• 1 year later...
Once again - Bottom line, That's because Coach K and Roy Williams wins National Titles ... unlike Coach C, who gets Final Four banners brought down.

Read it and weep. Go Tubby Smith!

Thought I'd resurrect this thread in light of USC being stripped of its national championship. If one cannot acknowledge the NCAA looked the other way when Duke played an ineligible player, then I question the objectivity some claim to possess.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread in light of USC being stripped of its national championship. If one cannot acknowledge the NCAA looked the other way when Duke played an ineligible player, then I question the objectivity some claim to possess.

Who hasn't acknowledged it?

Who hasn't acknowledged it?

I probably should have worded differently. I guess I'm more singling out Les' continuous explanation that Coach K/Duke doesn't get reprimanded because they win championships. USC's recent stripping proves such logic erroneous.