Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County at Somerset Predictions/Updates

Lincoln County at Somerset 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Lincoln County
      38%
    • Somerset
      61%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I agree, it's hard to pick a winner between the two.  But I do think Somerset might have a slight edge being at home and not having to compete with the Patriots clock operator as well as dealing with

  • It looks like the fine people from Lake Cumberland Sports have it:  

  • More like the lack of competence of the referee who signaled for it be stopped.

I think these two teams are close mirrors of one another.  Both, have a dynamic playmaker (Hughes/Somerset and Smith/Lincoln Co.)  Should be a good ballgame.

13 hours ago, Paul Dean said:

Toss up.

I agree, it's hard to pick a winner between the two.  But I do think Somerset might have a slight edge being at home and not having to compete with the Patriots clock operator as well as dealing with the running attack of the Patriots.  

I'll say, 

Somerset 14

Lincoln 13

 

 

22 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

...being at home and not having to compete with the Patriots clock operator...

Don't know the details of this quote but I did laugh!

51 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I agree, it's hard to pick a winner between the two.  But I do think Somerset might have a slight edge being at home and not having to compete with the Patriots clock operator as well as dealing with the running attack of the Patriots.  

I'll say, 

Somerset 14

Lincoln 13

 

 

More like the lack of competence of the referee who signaled for it be stopped.

Somerset 27-21

 

On 9/23/2024 at 12:07 PM, LethalPG said:

More like the lack of competence of the referee who signaled for it be stopped.

Yep. 

The official started to raise his arms then stopped.  I get that confusion.  Then the white hat started rounding his arm for the clock to start and and the clock was setting at 5.4.  The white hat rounded his arm longer than 5.4 seconds.  To be honest, I thought Foster got in on second down.  But the clock did not run correctly. 

15 hours ago, BEChargers said:

The official started to raise his arms then stopped.  I get that confusion.  Then the white hat started rounding his arm for the clock to start and and the clock was setting at 5.4.  The white hat rounded his arm longer than 5.4 seconds.  To be honest, I thought Foster got in on second down.  But the clock did not run correctly. 

Instead of blaming a volunteer who's not getting paid, maybe suggest a solution like adding microphones on the field for clarity.  The referees created the confusion.  

52 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

Instead of blaming a volunteer who's not getting paid, maybe suggest a solution like adding microphones on the field for clarity.  The referees created the confusion.  

There will always be human error. Could have been the official could have been clock operator wasn't there so I have no opinion on whose fault it was. However, I am curious what being a volunteer vs getting paid has to do with it. Someone volunteers to do a job and they do it poorly they get a pass? The same goes for the paid person if they are getting paid then the blame goes to them?

7 minutes ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

There will always be human error. Could have been the official could have been clock operator wasn't there so I have no opinion on whose fault it was. However, I am curious what being a volunteer vs getting paid has to do with it. Someone volunteers to do a job and they do it poorly they get a pass? The same goes for the paid person if they are getting paid then the blame goes to them?

When it gets harder and harder to find people to help in high school athletics I don't think it's proper to blast someone and insinuate they were cheating when the whole sequence was a mess created by the officials.  

9 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

When it gets harder and harder to find people to help in high school athletics I don't think it's proper to blast someone and insinuate they were cheating when the whole sequence was a mess created by the officials.  

I don't know if you have noticed but the KHSAA has been requesting people to be officials for the same reason. It's not ok to blast period but it is absolutely ok to expect anyone to do a good job at what they are doing. If the clock operator got their feelings hurt from bluegrass preps then they probably need to find a new gig anyway. I do think making a joke about a situation is also acceptable which is what BEChargers was doing. Either way, the payment status of someone's employment does not and should not apply here. The referees and the clock operator fix all of this by simply doing their jobs. 

It's easy to blame others and play the "what if" game. The game last Friday featured two very improved, solid football teams. The game was decided in the final moments, which is all we can ask for. Lincoln County and their fans need to move on, because another VERY good football team waits this Friday. 

Will this game be streamed online?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.