Youth Football in Northern Kentucky

Colonels_Wear_Blue

As a NKYFL head coach of a senior team, my players get to play in every game. I have over 40 players too. I take pride in that. Plus we scrimmage other local teams to get more playing time. I rarely have a parent complain about playing time. The complaints come from what position they play. Seems like a lot of people have a stud QB or tailback as a son. You have to careful how you handle that or your name is trashed.
:thumb: Kudos to you. Your approach is probably why you have 40 players. I would guess that is probably the largest roster in the senior division.

Absolutely...my compliments to you.

The NKYFL has been producing great talent for decades. I know not all the coaches share my beliefs about playing time (I think every kid should get in the game) but the league is moving in a great direstion. They split the 8 & 9 year old division into two seperate teams. This gets more playing time. They are thinking of doing the same to the junior level too. But it would be a shame to lose the senior division. Some areas do not have middle school programs. So this lets those kids have a team to play for. Plus I the coaching is really good. Many of those senior coaches would be great varsity coaches, but they can't make the early practices due to work. The NKYFL lets us have a place to teach really good football. There are some really good resumes for these coaches out there.

The NKYFL has been producing great talent for decades. I know not all the coaches share my beliefs about playing time (I think every kid should get in the game) but the league is moving in a great direstion. They split the 8 & 9 year old division into two seperate teams. This gets more playing time. They are thinking of doing the same to the junior level too. But it would be a shame to lose the senior division. Some areas do not have middle school programs. So this lets those kids have a team to play for. Plus I the coaching is really good. Many of those senior coaches would be great varsity coaches, but they can't make the early practices due to work. The NKYFL lets us have a place to teach really good football. There are some really good resumes for these coaches out there.

I know that several area varsity coaches donate their time to coaching in the NKYFL. My grandson plays for the Red Devil seniors and they have at least two coaches who currently coach high school as well.

Then he is on a really good team. Hergott, Kolp, Kramer....to name a few of the CCRD off the top of my head....those guys are just great people, not just coaches. They make kids better on all aspects of the game. And they have been doing it for years. I would be very thankful my kid played on that team too.

Then he is on a really good team. Hergott, Kolp, Kramer....to name a few of the CCRD off the top of my head....those guys are just great people, not just coaches. They make kids better on all aspects of the game. And they have been doing it for years. I would be very thankful my kid played on that team too.

I have been a Red Devil supporter for a long, long time. I played bor them in the mid 60's. Both my sons played there in there in the later 70's and early

80's (one of whcih went on to play in college). Now my grandson is there. The guys you mentioned know a ton about football. I am glad my grandson is getting such good coaching.

BTW, I can see a senior superbowl match-up of CCRD and BT. The two best backs in the senior division Scruggs and Harris battling it out!

Anybody know anything about the Sipple kid that used to play for the Fire Fighters? I know that he goes to HMS and is playing in the FTJFL. I have heard that he is an absolute stud. I have also heard fom a reliable source that if he played frosh ball he would get a ton of carries..:confused:

Anybody know anything about the Sipple kid that used to play for the Fire Fighters? I know that he goes to HMS and is playing in the FTJFL. I have heard that he is an absolute stud. I have also heard fom a reliable source that if he played frosh ball he would get a ton of carries..:confused:

His name is Jaylen Hayes Tom Sipple's grandson. He played 8 years with the Fire Fighters. He is in the 8th grade and will be playing frosh ball next year at Highlands. Jaylen loves to run the ball but he likes to hit and tackle even more. For those who would like to follow him he is #21 on the green team. I think he will be one to keep an eye on.

His name is Jaylen Hayes Tom Sipple's grandson. He played 8 years with the Fire Fighters. He is in the 8th grade and will be playing frosh ball next year at Highlands. Jaylen loves to run the ball but he likes to hit and tackle even more. For those who would like to follow him he is #21 on the green team. I think he will be one to keep an eye on.

Thanks..:thumb: