UFC... Fights you are looking forward to or would like to see

^There was a guy who predicted the Penn/Florian finishe exactly as well. I was reading some column on ESPN with expert predictions and the guy said Penn would take Florian down, pass his guard to full mount, take his back and choke him out. Pretty cool.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

UFC threw him into the ring with their best HW in his first fight. We obviously saw what he can do now that he has some experience..

Brock Lesnar is a good fighter, there is no denying that.

But Fedor is possibly the best fighter in the world. He's beaten Big Nog, Randlemen, Cro Cop, Heath Herring, Sylvia, Arlovski, Hunt, etc. with most of them fighting in their prime.

It's no guarantee either way...but Fedor would be the favorite in that fight. His submissions are awesome and his hands are heavy...

But Fedor is possibly the best fighter in the world. He's beaten Big Nog, Randlemen, Cro Cop, Heath Herring, Sylvia, Arlovski, Hunt, etc. with most of them fighting in their prime.

It's no guarantee either way...but Fedor would be the favorite in that fight. His submissions are awesome and his hands are heavy...

Before he signed with Strikeforce they had some betting lines up on a fight between him and Brock, he was the favorite but the line started getting closer the more that people bet on it.

:thumb:

Fedor is a robot. Brock is at the top of the very short list of guys who I think could beat him, but he's the favorite no matter who you match him against.

I think both guys would be capable of winning this fight, but I'd be more surprised to see Brock with his hand raised at the end than to see Fedor. I think he'd win by submission.

What makes it so interesting is that these two guys are unique in the sport of MMA? Who else is like Brock Lesnar? There's nobody else with his combination of size, strength, athleticism and a wrestling background as a foundation. Who is like Fedor? Nobody. Nobody else has the complete package like him...KO power on his feet, devastating on the ground, and he cannot be frustrated. He always keeps his cool.

Too bad they'll never fight each other. :cry:

Before he signed with Strikeforce they had some betting lines up on a fight between him and Brock, he was the favorite but the line started getting closer the more that people bet on it.

How much stock would you put in that betting line?

:thumb:

Fedor is a robot. Brock is at the top of the very short list of guys who I think could beat him, but he's the favorite no matter who you match him against.

I think both guys would be capable of winning this fight, but I'd be more surprised to see Brock with his hand raised at the end than to see Fedor. I think he'd win by submission.

What makes it so interesting is that these two guys are unique in the sport of MMA? Who else is like Brock Lesnar? There's nobody else with his combination of size, strength, athleticism and a wrestling background as a foundation. Who is like Fedor? Nobody. Nobody else has the complete package like him...KO power on his feet, devastating on the ground, and he cannot be frustrated. He always keeps his cool.

Too bad they'll never fight each other. :cry:

This is still upsetting to me.

This is still upsetting to me.

I've been watching the UFC since around UFC 49 or so...and ever since I heard of Fedor I wanted to see what he could do in the cage.

I got most of my other wishes. Wanderlei Silva (albeit a little late), Rampage Jackson, Shogun, etc...

But Fedor never came. It's a shame.

I've been watching the UFC since around UFC 49 or so...and ever since I heard of Fedor I wanted to see what he could do in the cage.

I got most of my other wishes. Wanderlei Silva (albeit a little late), Rampage Jackson, Shogun, etc...

But Fedor never came. It's a shame.

That's for sure. Ultimately, it doesn't matter why he isn't coming, but it does make me feel a little better to know that Dana did all we could ask of him to make it happen. I'd have been even more upset to find out that it was Dana's fault.

That's for sure. Ultimately, it doesn't matter why he isn't coming, but it does make me feel a little better to know that Dana did all we could ask of him to make it happen. I'd have been even more upset to find out that it was Dana's fault.

Dana is the best in sports in what he does. No commisioner in any of the major sporting leagues even comes close to running things as good as Dana White does. No commish can even come close to being as considerate and loving to the fans as he is. He does everything he can to make the UFC enjoyable for everyone, and no matter the cost he wants to always give fans what they like to see. While others only care about money and power, Dana sticks to more moral things and still suceeds 100 fold. Instead of sticking to fights that he would want to see, he often scratches guys from cards in order to give the fans what they want. He truley is a class act, and other organizations need to grab a pen and take notes.