Highlands nationally ranked

Here we go!:popcorn:

Aw, can't we save that "contest" and accompanying "show" for another thread at another time? No reason to clutter this thread with that issue and turn it into a side show.

Nice honor for the boys; now they have to back it up. While it's nice to be honored at the beginning, it's more important to be honored at the end.

And I would be remiss for not pointing out that this recognition, while on its face based on the returning starters, would not likely have happened if the past players on the 08 and 07 championship teams had not "got it done".

Edited by leatherneck

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the honor Highlands.

I do think Highlands may have had a superior team in the 98 season where they squashed an outstanding Male team (preseason or first game I don't remember). Outside of that I would stand with the arguement that X and T have had better teams.

There will be a good barometer as Highlands plays Manual who gets both X and T this season.

You all never tried us, so that can't be said; now can it? :lol:

Yes, both before and since, there have been seasons when the Birds were the better team. Trinity is crazy good, but they're not fantastic "every" year. :thumb:

So RP can't say Trinity is better, but you can say Highlands has been better? :lol:

Can't we just stick to the thread?! If you don't want to congratulate Highlands, don't post! Trinity and St. X are awesome programs. I am from NE KY and I am just glad someone is getting some press coverage in KY. Congrats to Highlands and good luck this season. And for the people that feel offended in Louisville.........I hope all goes well there, too.:ohbrother:

Edited by Ram

Good job Birds. It doesn't matter if you can beat Trinity or X, just like it doesn't matter if Trinity or X can beat you when they are ranked. What matters is that the Commonwealth has a team garnering national press, and that helps football in Kentucky.

CR

Well stated as usual. Let's leave the "other stuff" for later on.

AGain - for the umpteenth time - the simple way to settle the debate is to play.

Congrats to the Birds - and here's hoping they are not alone in the National Rankings at the end of the Year. :thumb:

Good job Birds. It doesn't matter if you can beat Trinity or X, just like it doesn't matter if Trinity or X can beat you when they are ranked. What matters is that the Commonwealth has a team garnering national press, and that helps football in Kentucky.

Very Good Post!!!!!

Congratulations to the Bluebirds, Trinity and St. X for consistently being a force in high school football. Now... for my Cov. Cath. Colonels to have a successful run next year they will just have to get past Highlands in football and Holmes in basketball. What could go wrong???

Congrats on the honor Highlands.

I do think Highlands may have had a superior team in the 98 season where they squashed an outstanding Male team (preseason or first game I don't remember). Outside of that I would stand with the arguement that X and T have had better teams.

There will be a good barometer as Highlands plays Manual who gets both X and T this season.

Speaking of...

Any idea which KY team has scheduled the most "Top 25" teams from this list RRR?? :cool::D

-CF

Congrats Birds!

Nice article on the team, loads of talent and heart.

Congrats to all the people involved with Ft. Thomas Highlands football. A special congrats to all the coaches,who bring out the best in all these young men,not only preparing for football games,but for life. This preseason ranking is an early "thank-you"for your time and effort. NOW BRING HOME THAT STATE TROPHY!!! :thumb:

You all never tried us, so that can't be said; now can it? :lol:

Yes, both before and since, there have been seasons when the Birds were the better team. Trinity is crazy good, but they're not fantastic "every" year. :thumb:

I can maybe concede 2004, but IMO we have been better since the inception of BGP.