Highlands nationally ranked

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Highlands!! The writer clearly researched the returning players and, while giving due deference to both the ROCKS and St. X, believed that the Birds are at the top of the heap in this pre-season review. He left the door open for the 6A teams to rise to the top, but noted that Highlands will fight to keep its lofty throne.

Looking forward to another great season and trust that all Kentucky teams will represent when facing those teams from the other side of the Ohio River.

GO ROCKS!! :thumb:

What is a Tarblooder? Number 22nd team in the Country.

I found this info:

What is a Tarblooder?

Half man, half robot. A Tarblooder is a symbol of fearlessness and ethics.

The Glenville High School mascot received its named from the men working in the railroads in the 1900's.

These men drove and tarred stakes into the railroad tracks ground to secure them to the ground. The hot tar would splatter onto their arms and face causing them to bleed as if they were sweating blood.

Many of these men lived in the Glenville community, when the school was originally erected in 1919 on Everton and Parkwood avenues, the men became a symbol. The Mighty Tarblooder

Edited by NEERFAN

Good job Birds. It doesn't matter if you can beat Trinity or X, just like it doesn't matter if Trinity or X can beat you when they are ranked. What matters is that the Commonwealth has a team garnering national press, and that helps football in Kentucky.

Isn't it possible that MaxPreps analyzed the returning starters (Highlands has a whole lot of quality returners and from what I've read on here, T and X have less) and determined that they think Highlands will be better than either X or T this year? If you read the article, that seems to be exactly what they believe.

Precisely! :thumb:

I have no idea what to expect from our squad this year after losing the starters we did so there is really no reason we need to be up on that list just yet. St.X is the same way.

That is great for Highlands. They really deserve the recognition and I love how the article told how they played up two classes. I saw them once last year and hope to see them a few times this up coming season.

St. Thomas Aquinas, Miami Northwestern and Miami Central are some pretty nasty football teams as well. Central might have the best offensive trio in the country in Godfrey, Gainer, and Reese. These 3 teams are loaded with big time prospects. I still say that talent wise no one does it like Florida. Texas football is better from an overall standpoint, but athletically I will take FL over anywhere.

Yes, in some years, they are.

Great to hear the Birds getting a little pre-season attention! :thumb:

Since BGP started, when? HHS is crazy good, but they haven't been better than us in nearly a decade...

That said, congrats HHS do our state proud.

Since BGP started, when? HHS is crazy good, but they haven't been better than us in nearly a decade...
You all never tried us, so that can't be said; now can it? :lol:

Yes, both before and since, there have been seasons when the Birds were the better team. Trinity is crazy good, but they're not fantastic "every" year. :thumb: