Highlands nationally ranked

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Article about Highlands. I especially love the photo of Jordan Kramer a few years back. I guess the editors couldn't find an updated photo. I just texted Jordan and told him he was still a living legend. It's going to be a fun year!!!:thumb:

So its kinda hard for me to boy into this ranking when Highlands is not better than Trinity or St. X in our own state.
Yes, in some years, they are.

Great to hear the Birds getting a little pre-season attention! :thumb:

So its kinda hard for me to boy into this ranking when Highlands is not better than Trinity or St. X in our own state.

How do you know Highlands is not better than X or T this year? The only way to find out who is better is to play each other. Trinity and Highlands both play Cincinnati St.X this year,maybe we can compare the scores of both games, but that would not be a very accurate way to decide who is better.I know X and T have great teams every year ,but I think they got the rankings right. :thumb: Go Birds!!

Isn't it possible that MaxPreps analyzed the returning starters (Highlands has a whole lot of quality returners and from what I've read on here, T and X have less) and determined that they think Highlands will be better than either X or T this year? If you read the article, that seems to be exactly what they believe.

Edited by leatherneck

Isn't it possible that MaxPreps analyzed the returning starters (Highlands has a whole lot of quality returners and from what I've read on here, T and X have less) and determined that they think Highlands will be better than either X or T this year? If you read the article, that seems to be exactly what they believe.

This is almost like the year 2000 when Highlands was ranked as high as #4 in one poll based on returning players. They went on to handle Trinity but didn't play St X that year. So I would agree that this is solely based on returning players and profiles. And we can't leave out the school they play for.....:thumb: As far as being as good as the Louisville big boys this year, we will never know. We are busy playing the big boys form across the river.:thumb: