UK's Recruits by Stars

3wishes

So you wouldn't want a kid like Meeks or Miller on the team?

Well yea now that I have seen how good they are. But not if I can get a 5 star over them coming out of the gate. Kinda like, would you take a 3 or 4 star over a 5 star if you had not seen either play or could have your choice?

Well yea now that I have seen how good they are. But not if I can get a 5 star over them coming out of the gate. Kinda like, would you take a 3 or 4 star over a 5 star if you had not seen either play or could have your choice?

Obviously you want more 5 star guys than anything. However mixing in a 4 star or two every now and then is not such a bad thing. Sometimes these guys who do the rankings might very much under rank someone. There has been plenty for 4 star guys who have ended up being great. So yeah 5 star guys are the ones you want the most of, but mixing in a 4 star guy every now and then is not such a bad thing.

Obviously you want more 5 star guys than anything. However mixing in a 4 star or two every now and then is not such a bad thing. Sometimes these guys who do the rankings might very much under rank someone. There has been plenty for 4 star guys who have ended up being great. So yeah 5 star guys are the ones you want the most of, but mixing in a 4 star guy every now and then is not such a bad thing.

Don't even have to be a 4 star. Example, Preston Knowles , Louisville. He did not play in the big AAU tourneys and wasn't even rated until he signed with Louisville and then all of a sudden he is a 2 star. He has fit in well at Louisville, knows his role and plays it well, and will be a good 4 year player. With the all 5 stars you have alot of ego's to deal with. Also you need the right chemistry. Just because they are a 5 star recruit, means they will fit in and be a team player. You also have to look at academics.

I think too much emphasis is put on the star rating of players.

I see where you are coming from.:thumb: I just want to make the point that 5 stars are usually better than 4 stars, of course I know. I would take a Meeks and a Miller on my team. Just think, a 4 star scored more points than any other player ever at UK. I do understand that a 4 star usually around for more than one year so they are actually the ones that help build programs. Also when a 4 star plays for a couple years, you start adding experience with your one and done each year so the program has talent and experience each year.

I agree. It's nice to have lots of 5's, but too many and there might have to be more than one basketball allowed to be used in the game.

I agree. It's nice to have lots of 5's, but too many and there might have to be more than one basketball allowed to be used in the game.

True, but pulling a 5 star out and replacing him with a 5 star would be pretty nice.Especially as a coach to have options like that of the 96' team. Just pull out one future NBA player and replace him with one on the bench.

Coach can sit back and enjoy the popcorn most games:popcorn:.