Friday Night Lights

Original Rookie

2) The episode before last that I watched was when Street and Riggins went to NYC. How does Riggins just take off for 3 days the week before the playoff with no consequences?

I always wonder the same thing...and before he went down to Mexico with Street for a couple of days during the season too. But that's why I love Riggins lol.

I can not stand Mr. McCoy, I can't describe how I feel about him on BGP, but many high school athletes have had to deal with a father who acts like this. I hate him, but he is a great addition to the show.

As for Buddy...I have no real idea. There are a lot of questions that will need to be answered. Is Matt not going to college anymore? I think he might go coach at East Dillon with Taylor if he actually goes there too. What a great show!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does the new season start? I like it because there is so much real stuff that goes on behind a football program. Politics, rich parents, kids needing direction/confidence, effects on coaches kids etc.

Stick, you nailed it, the bolded is the exact reason that I love the show, I can relate to alot of it on there.

My biggest complaint is a Friday night time slot on regular cable.:irked:

:thumb: That was my main complaint with it when it aired during the fall :idunno:, most of the people that imo would be interested in it would be at their own "Friday Night Lights" watching their local h.s. football team.

Oh well, leave it to NBC (they are idiots) and should it continue to be on Fridays if it is during football season then I guess that is why God has provided the DVR feature.:D

Wouldn't it be great to see the Coach somehow build East Dillon up and come back and lay a butt kickin' on Dillon? :ylsuper:.

Also, and again "if" he accepts and stays at East Dillon somehow turn Dillon high in for changing the boudaries for the two school districts and end up getting some of the players that the Dillon boosters chaged the rules/boundaries so they could get them.

I still believe that somehow Coach Taylor will end up back at Dillon, that something will fall through with the coach that "rich dad" brought in. JMO and is what I am hoping for.

I hope he stays at East and brings us in a new cast of characters. Rigg's will still be in town working with his brother so maybe we still see alot of him.

Are you sure about that? His brother pretty much demanded that he go to college right before he left for his honeymoon. It is a large possibility that he goes to school.

I highly doubt that Riggins comes back... Taylor Kitsch is primed for a solid movie career.. He plays Gambit in the new "Wolverine" movie. If that goes well, we'll probably see him on the big screen a lot more often than the small.

Excellent, excellent show.

I know they kind of lost their way a little last year in the second season, but it was really starting to heat up by the time the writers strike hit.

Riggins, in real life is 29 years old. I think Minka Kelly is/was dating Derek Jeter.

I missed the first 15 minutes Friday night and was lost. I couldn't figure how they progressed so far as to getting Coach Taylor canned...watched it online and saw that they had moved 5 months forward.

It will be interesting.

I just hope they keep Lyla Garrity around, EYE CANDY! :jump::taz:

:thumb: So is the coaches wife (Mrs. Taylor).

Another thing I just got to thinking of is that I don't think that they fired Mrs. Taylor from her position with the Dillon administration. Should Coach take the East job then that might make for some interesting side stories.:popcorn:

:thumb: So is the coaches wife (Mrs. Taylor).

Another thing I just got to thinking of is that I don't think that they fired Mrs. Taylor from her position with the Dillon administration. Should Coach take the East job then that might make for some interesting side stories.:popcorn:

I think Mrs. Taylor is very attractive as well. I love her personality. And you are right, they didn't fire her from being prinicpal...at least from the sounds of it at least.

My favorite show by far. I read that Lyla and Tyra will only be making a few appearances on the show next year. I recently dropped Direct TV but may switch back just to see this show.

I have to say it would not be the same without Riggins. He portrays the character we all wanted to be in High School. Take a 3 day road trip to Mexico, never gets carded, comes back doesnt have to run any extra and still the hero and getting all the girls. GO #33:bunny:

My favorite show by far. I read that Lyla and Tyra will only be making a few appearances on the show next year. I recently dropped Direct TV but may switch back just to see this show.

I have to say it would not be the same without Riggins. He portrays the character we all wanted to be in High School. Take a 3 day road trip to Mexico, never gets carded, comes back doesnt have to run any extra and still the hero and getting all the girls. GO #33:bunny:

Then again, this is t.v. :sssh::lol: