13U/7th Grade AAU

SHS Future

The 13U state tournament is a little over a month away, but I wanted to start a thread so we could discuss who some of the better teams are and what tournaments teams are playing in leading up to April 17th.

From what I have seen and heard there are going to be 3 solid D1 teams: Ky Elite, Louisville Legends, and Northern Ky Tarheels. Who are some of the other teams that should or will play D1?

Anyone playing in the KBA super regional April 4-5? How about the battle of the Borders at Mid America in Louisville March 28-29?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the Tarheels had lost their best player, Zach McCormick, to the KY Elite.

There has been some player movement in this age group. Zach McCormick is back with the Tarheels. Jackson Davis is now playing with KY Elite.

There has been one common games among the Legends-Elite-Tarheels this year, and Legends beat the Elite on a last second shot yesterday in Indianapolis. Hard fought game, very competitive game on both sides. All 3 teams will be in St. Louis this weekend. The state tournament should be very good in this age group, and it a toss up between those 3 teams. Not sure if anybody will surface that can compete with them.

KY Elite will most likely be at the Battle of the Borders in Louisville.

There has been some player movement in this age group. Zach McCormick is back with the Tarheels. Jackson Davis is now playing with KY Elite.

There has been one common games among the Legends-Elite-Tarheels this year, and Legends beat the Elite on a last second shot yesterday in Indianapolis. Hard fought game, very competitive game on both sides. All 3 teams will be in St. Louis this weekend. The state tournament should be very good in this age group, and it a toss up between those 3 teams. Not sure if anybody will surface that can compete with them.

KY Elite will most likely be at the Battle of the Borders in Louisville.

And, forgot to mention, Shane Hall will be joining the Ky Elite 13U as well. He didn't play this past weekend in Indianapolis.

The Battle of the Borders at Mid America in Louisville sounds like it could be a competitive tournament. Indy Spiece, Indy Hoopers, Ky Elite, NKy Wolfpack, Ky Gators, Ky Gymrats.......are some of the teams playing March 28-29. I would expect the Louisville Legends will also be there.

Ky Gators are playing in Memphis next weekend and wont be playing in the Battle of the borders. Gators lost to Indy Spiece in Bloomington last weekend. They are really good if it is the same team. They can shoot the lights out.

• 3 weeks later...

Any truth to the rumor that the KBA will not let the Legends coach inside the facility and therefore the Legends will not participate in the AAU state tournaments. They already missed the U12 state.

If the Legends don't play in the AAU state, will there be enough teams to have a separate D1/D2 tournament????

Any truth to the rumor that the KBA will not let the Legends coach inside the facility and therefore the Legends will not participate in the AAU state tournaments. They already missed the U12 state.

If the Legends don't play in the AAU state, will there be enough teams to have a separate D1/D2 tournament????

I haven't heard this rumor, but even if they don't allow him to coach he should be allowed inside the facility. If they had that thought, they would have to background check everybody that buys a ticket.

Now, I did hear he lost his entire 12U team due to his conviction. I hope the 13U does play as they have a nice squad. The only teams I have heard that will play 13U D1 are KY Elite, Derek Smith All-Stars (Tarheel / Truth combination) and KY Gators. Not sure of anybody else.

I haven't heard this rumor, but even if they don't allow him to coach he should be allowed inside the facility. If they had that thought, they would have to background check everybody that buys a ticket.

Now, I did hear he lost his entire 12U team due to his conviction. I hope the 13U does play as they have a nice squad. The only teams I have heard that will play 13U D1 are KY Elite, Derek Smith All-Stars (Tarheel / Truth combination) and KY Gators. Not sure of anybody else.

The NKY Wolfpack lost to the Legends by 9 on Saturday and then 20 in the championship game on Sunday at BCI. The Legends played very well in both games I watched on Sunday.

Who all is playing D2? I am pretty sure we (Johnson Co.) will not be attending.

NKY Wolfpack registered yesterday as D2. We just don't have the size or athleticism to compete consistently at the D1 level.

I seen them over there this weekend in Cincinnati, and if I know that coach Shannon he will have them ready for the state! The Elite will be the team to beat if you ask me. The Legends will be a close second but its a tournament and any team can win! Does anybody know besides them 3 teams who will play D1?

Edited by spindoc