13U/7th Grade AAU

SHS Future

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my predictions.

Pool 1 - NKY Wolfpack

Pool 2 - CKY Tigers (I do not know any of these teams very well)

Pool 3 - KY Elite

Pool 4 - Derek Smith All-Stars

Pool 5 - Legends

I know it is a blind draw but it is unfortunate that the two best teams will face off in the quarters. My pick overall is KY Elite. They will have a tough run of games on Sunday by beating DS, Wolfpack and Legends.

Do only the top 4 teams qualify for Nationals?

Here are my predictions.

Pool 1 - NKY Wolfpack

Pool 3 - KY Elite

Pool 5 - Legends

I know it is a blind draw but it is unfortunate that the two best teams will face off in the quarters. My pick overall is KY Elite. They will have a tough run of games on Sunday by beating DS, Wolfpack and Legends.

The draw I looked at yesterday when it first came out had the Wolfpack in Pool 5 with the Legends and LexCath. Wonder what happened there. Especially if it was a blind draw.

The draw I looked at yesterday when it first came out had the Wolfpack in Pool 5 with the Legends and LexCath. Wonder what happened there. Especially if it was a blind draw.

When was this???? I've only seen the Wolfpack in Pool 1.:confused:

I think the KBA should've had 2 tournaments and allowed the 3 D1 squads to battle it out. I also think the KBA is going to have to rethink it's pricing. The number of teams keep dwindling and for a cost of about $400 ($245 for entry and $150+ for AAU cards/registration) this tournament is quickly becoming not worth the price.

Here are my predictions.

Pool 1 - NKY Wolfpack

Pool 3 - KY Elite

Pool 5 - Legends

Pool 1 - NKY Wolfpack

Pool 2 - Richmond Rockets (CKY Tigers are U12)

Pool 3 - Ky Elite

Pool 4 - DS All-Stars

Pool 5 - Legends

I disagree that the 2 best teams will face off in the quarters. I would say the Legends and the KY Elite are the 2 best teams. IMO KY Elite should win the tournament and only be tested in 2 games.:cool:

When was this???? I've only seen the Wolfpack in Pool 1.:confused:

I think the KBA should've had 2 tournaments and allowed the 3 D1 squads to battle it out. I also think the KBA is going to have to rethink it's pricing. The number of teams keep dwindling and for a cost of about $400 ($245 for entry and $150+ for AAU cards/registration) this tournament is quickly becoming not worth the price.

When the brackets came out at 1 PM, Wolfpack was in Pool 5. I know this for a fact because I called a Catholic coach and told them they were placed in a tough pool. I don't care that the Wolfpack was moved, just was making a comment. It was probably done because Logan is a distance from Lexington, so that team probably couldn't make a 6:30 Friday tip.

Just a FYI (right, wrong or indifferent), KY Elite and DS All Stars were the only 2 teams to enter D1. The Legends entered as a D2 team. So, it seems kind of weird to me that the only two D1 teams would be placed to face each in the quarters. If it was a blind draw, I could agree. But the only reason I bring up the Wolfpack movement is because it obviously was not a complete "blind" draw. At the end of the day, you have to beat everyone to win it all anyway.

Who plays on the Ky. Elite? Where are they based?

Same for Derrick Smith All Stars.

Ky Elite's more notable players are:

Jackson Davis

Dylan Portwood

Jordan Green

Trey Grundy

Shane Hall

DS All-Stars more notable players are:

Brandon Hatton

Zach McNeil

Zach McCormick

When the brackets came out at 1 PM, Wolfpack was in Pool 5. I know this for a fact because I called a Catholic coach and told them they were placed in a tough pool. I don't care that the Wolfpack was moved, just was making a comment. It was probably done because Logan is a distance from Lexington, so that team probably couldn't make a 6:30 Friday tip.

Just a FYI (right, wrong or indifferent), KY Elite and DS All Stars were the only 2 teams to enter D1. The Legends entered as a D2 team. So, it seems kind of weird to me that the only two D1 teams would be placed to face each in the quarters. If it was a blind draw, I could agree. But the only reason I bring up the Wolfpack movement is because it obviously was not a complete "blind" draw. At the end of the day, you have to beat everyone to win it all anyway.

I never knew the Wolfpack were moved, however, the Legends entering as a D2 team is quite funny. Good luck this weekend Rainman!

I would love to hear more about this situation?? Blind Draw?? I really think the KBA loses all of their credibility when things like this happen. In the past, the KBA has always tried to separate teams from the same area, and with the shady switcheroo, Pool 1 now has two teams from N. KY. When other teams/coaches see these types of things go on, it wreaks integrity issues.