March 5, 200917 yr Hmmm I remember talking about it after last season ended, that I thought this team wouldn't be that good. I know people were saying how this team would be so much better. But it made no sense since we lost 2 of our top scorers from last year and we weren't that great last year. So for that reason I did think we would struggle again but didn't think we would miss the tournament. The really sad part is that even though we only got 2 scorers on the team it is not the reason why we have lost a lot of the games this year. THIS IS THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM AT UK THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! The problem against a typically woeful shooting Georgia team is our coach had us overplaying every pass. The scouting report says they are athletic, but can not shoot. They created excellent backdoor opportunities against the overplaying and gained shooting confidence as the game went on. Their guard (#3) beat the overplays and got in the paint and created some easy buckets. I have seen this Georgia team a couple of times this season and both times they shot about 20% versus opponents playing a zone defense. I saw a confident Georgia team playing an unsure, tentative Kentucky team tonight.
March 5, 200917 yr Listening to the post game show tonight. BCG is a jerk. Two reasons: 1. Every week all he can say is, We took a whippin and it's my fault. (Ithink everyone knows that!) 2. Leach ask BCG what the guys need to do better when the get the scouting report. BCG replies very sharply " I am not going to turn on my guys Tom" I was Confused by the respone. I didn't think Leach was asking him to single out any one player. Then BCG starts talking about Perry Stevens how he isn't very good right now. Then he starts talking about Harrleson. So why did he just turn on his guys? I have to agree he doesn't have a CLUE!
March 5, 200917 yr ...Then BCG starts talking about Perry Stevenson how he isn't very good right now... I actually thought Stevenson played a decent ballgame tonight.
March 5, 200917 yr Listening to the post game show tonight. BCG is a jerk. Two reasons: 1. Every week all he can say is, We took a whippin and it's my fault. (Ithink everyone knows that!) 2. Leach ask BCG what the guys need to do better when the get the scouting report. BCG replies very sharply " I am not going to turn on my guys Tom" I was Confused by the respone. I didn't think Leach was asking him to single out any one player. Then BCG starts talking about Perry Stevens how he isn't very good right now. Then he starts talking about Harrleson. So why did he just turn on his guys? I have to agree he doesn't have a CLUE! That is pretty bad.:irked:
March 5, 200917 yr BCG might have done what Bear Bryant and Bill Curry could not do. Turn Kentucky into a football school.
March 5, 200917 yr BCG might have done what Bear Bryant and Bill Curry could not do. Turn Kentucky into a football school. :laugh:
March 5, 200917 yr Listening to the post game show tonight. BCG is a jerk. Two reasons: 1. Every week all he can say is, We took a whippin and it's my fault. (Ithink everyone knows that!) 2. Leach ask BCG what the guys need to do better when the get the scouting report. BCG replies very sharply " I am not going to turn on my guys Tom" I was Confused by the respone. I didn't think Leach was asking him to single out any one player. Then BCG starts talking about Perry Stevens how he isn't very good right now. Then he starts talking about Harrleson. So why did he just turn on his guys? I have to agree he doesn't have a CLUE! The post game interview on TV he blamed himself for the defensive breakdown and was just disappointed that the players on the court didn't recognize it when UGA went underneath the basket but it was MY fault, BCG said that on CBS. He takes blame, it just takes an isolated incident or two of saying them to ruin the stigma.
March 5, 200917 yr I think fatigued is setting in on Meeks. He has played a huge amount of minutes this year, very hard minutes. This is a year after he did not play hardly at all. It is showing more on the defensive end imo.
March 5, 200917 yr BCG might have done what Bear Bryant and Bill Curry could not do. Turn Kentucky into a football school. That is 2 names I wouldn't put in the same sentence.
March 5, 200917 yr Wow... I hadn't seen this score til now... I guess that popping sound I heard earlier tonight was UK's bubble....
March 5, 200917 yr Ok so the glass bottle joke was pretty poor, and I know everyone already jumped on the poster, and emotions apparently are running high cause I bet more than one person was thinking that [as a joke]..so I won't lol. But I think even throwing a plastic bottle which the UK fans apparently did is classless. If it's not bad enough that the program is looking like a joke, now the fans are making it look worse. Not a huge UK fan, but I like what I've seen of Meeks, although I think he's probably totally spent since he is pretty much the make or break of the team, but has anyone considered that as bad as Gillespie is to yall, maybe your team just isn't that good...honest question, no disrespect.
March 5, 200917 yr All I can say about that is none of the young players are getting better. Same mistakes game in and game out. I believe that has to do with coaching. Disagree with part of this. Darius Miller has developed quite nicely considering he is now playing bits and pieces at four different positions. I said it earlier in the year, he is the best all around player UK has. All he lacked was confidence and a tweaking to his jumpshot. He is going to be outstanding before he leaves. He does things the average basketball fan do not pickup. Hesitations with the ball to create angles, moving the ball to create angles, getting defender off balance, creating space and passing lanes with the ball. Quite honestly I would run him at the point. Liggins has zero confidence and the game is not easy for him and he is having a rough time adjusting. Making bad decisions and struggling with all aspects right now. Galloway...shows flashes.. Harrellson stuck playing the post at times and is not a back to the basket player, floats too much. Techically speaking he hasn't been paid a dime because he hasn't signed his contract yet... There is just a mutual agreement Barnhard and Gillispie. The only money the BCG makes, as of right now, is TV commericals, etc. He has a legal binding agreement. WVLK said the fans were throwing bottles at BCG heading into the locker room. Heard this was a rumor started on a website...I was there and near tunnel and saw or heard nothing about it...Leach also said nothing...Larry Glover from WVLK likes to flame. Not saying it didnt happen but have seen nothing credible to say he did. That is unreal... Tom Leach said it right after the game. Man, I would've never though it could get to this point. Still find it hard to believe...there were fans over there applauding team for effort...nothing transpired as far as I could see. The problem against a typically woeful shooting Georgia team is our coach had us overplaying every pass. The scouting report says they are athletic, but can not shoot. They created excellent backdoor opportunities against the overplaying and gained shooting confidence as the game went on. Their guard (#3) beat the overplays and got in the paint and created some easy buckets. I have seen this Georgia team a couple of times this season and both times they shot about 20% versus opponents playing a zone defense. I saw a confident Georgia team playing an unsure, tentative Kentucky team tonight. I saw UGa burn the nets off against Florida...still the worst shooting team in the conference... UK did not force UGa away from basket, post defense was poor because they didnt get on top when they needed and play behind when needed. UGa was on fire... Listening to the post game show tonight. BCG is a jerk. Two reasons: 1. Every week all he can say is, We took a whippin and it's my fault. (Ithink everyone knows that!) 2. Leach ask BCG what the guys need to do better when the get the scouting report. BCG replies very sharply " I am not going to turn on my guys Tom" I was Confused by the respone. I didn't think Leach was asking him to single out any one player. Then BCG starts talking about Perry Stevens how he isn't very good right now. Then he starts talking about Harrleson. So why did he just turn on his guys? I have to agree he doesn't have a CLUE! I thought Leach asked a baited question the way it was framed. I think Tom probably didnt have it come out like he wanted. I recall the question being..."So what does it say about the players when they don't adhere to the scouting report?" That is a loaded question and is probing for a ripping. I texted a few of my buddies and said tonight is not the night to be critical, in the post game...and for the most part he was more blaming himself that being very pointed at players...he did say 54 is not getting any help and he isnt. I think fatigued is setting in on Meeks. He has played a huge amount of minutes this year, very hard minutes. This is a year after he did not play hardly at all. It is showing more on the defensive end imo. I think Meeks's shot selection has begun to become very very poor. It is hurting the team. Probably trying to do too much, but he is hurting the team. Step back threes with a defender in your face is not good. Driving ball at three defenders and not going up and through defense and turning it over is not good basketball. He needs some work. He is a north/south penetrator who drives with his head down. Absolutely no reason to play dead on perimeter when he drives because he is not going to pass...has almost become Ed Davender-like. Late in game, he drove against 3 guys and drew a foul but missed Miller wide open on wing. He is not getting to foul line as much as he should...shying away from contact...not going through defender..trying to adjust shot too much. Add in poor shot selection and it is hurting the team. Other thoughts....the most troubling thing to me is that this team has not improved as a whole. One big reason is that BCG simply cannot get any consistency out of his players. 54 is courageously trying to score over two guys each night in the post. Porter is hot and cold...Miller has become somewhat consistent, now Meeks has strung together some clunkers... The upper class at UK is likely the worst or second worst group since probation. No one is leading...no consistency. I dont lump Meeks in there because he missed the majority of the season last year. The team lacks maturity and some toughness...mentally. I dont even know about the NCAA TOurney...everyone else seems to be running away from bids...
March 5, 200917 yr I numbered your questions and as for my answers right now in the peeved of state of mind I am in:madman::madman:............ 1. :puke: 2. We may be on the bubble.....for the N.I.T.. 3. I really want to support this man, I really do but :idunno:.......well, I'm trying. :sssh::sssh::walk: As for my comments on this one: U.K. imo will now have to win the SEC tourney to get an NCAA bid. UGA was a very well prepared and well coached team tonight and U.K. was.....(I said I was trying:irked:)............... UGA hit what had to be a very high %, especially from beyond the three pt. line. Which btw is much easier to do when NO ONE is playing defense on you :madman:!............... Porter forced a three down the stretch and had a couple of bad trnovers but.....imo he had a good game and just where would we had been without his 5 three's? ............. U.K., in case no one has said anything just lost at home to the worst team in the SEC and on Senior night! :madman:................... After the SC game I said that was the most embarrassed I can remember being as a U.K. fan,it was untill now. Tonight took that honor...BY FAR!......... As for the NCAA, as Herman Edwards would say............Playoffs!!, you're wanting to talk about Playoffs!!!.....Playoffs!!, I just want to win another game! Any further comments from me right now would be violations many times over so I will just close with ......Pathetic, Embarrassing, Unacceptable an finally..............:puke::puke: !! That was Jim Mora's line. Herman Edwards had " We play to win the game" I love both...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.