Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgia 90 Kentucky 85

Featured Replies

UK is on the last four out at this point.

 

UK Needs to beat Florida and if they win 2 games in the SEC Tourny I think we get in.

 

If we lose to UF(which I expect) I agree we have to win the SEC Tourny.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Kentucky thought that they were making the right decision in hiring a fiery turn around coach from the south west. IMO I think that it is hard when your players don't respect your coach because he is out at the same bars you could possibly be in, known for being aggressive and forward to women, and you know it is a bad image when the University has to hire your head coach a D.D. I just think it is was a bad choice; I like his eagerness to work hard but you have got to build respect to get players to react and buy in to what you are wanting to achieve. I have watched a lot of high school basketball and have seen all the in state recruits and I think they are good players but not what we need at Kentucky. I would like to see him at some schools like Holmes, Elliott County, Scott County (Jackson not Euton), and many other schools in the State that posses the talent we need; look at Preston Noels, we can't miss out on kids like that along with many others. The reason I like Ford and Phelphrey is because they now that it has to start with in state pride to put UK back on the map, both of those schools are on the radar for every big time player in Kentucky. Billy might need a couple more years or whatever but I question his ability to earn the players and fans respect. This isn’t Texas where you can fly under the radar and Basketball is something to stay in shape for football, it is a state where we expect to win and we do put high expectations on a coach because we want and expect you to win; that's why we have had only 5 or 6 coaches in the last 75 years.

Edited by cat_fan

What a crappy game. How do you lose to Georgia, at home, on Senior Night, fighting for an NCAA bid?

 

I think my patience for BCG just went down to 1 more year from 2. He really has to show improvement next year.

 

As for the NCAA, thanks to everyone else losing too, they still have a chance without winning the SEC tourney. Beating Florida and one SEC tourney game may even do it if everyone else keeps losing.

What a crappy game. How do you lose to Georgia, at home, on Senior Night, fighting for an NCAA bid?

 

I think my patience for BCG just went down to 1 more year from 2. He really has to show improvement next year.

 

As for the NCAA, thanks to everyone else losing too, they still have a chance without winning the SEC tourney. Beating Florida and one SEC tourney game may even do it if everyone else keeps losing.

 

I think it will take at LEAST 2 SEC tourney wins plus a UF win to have a shot. The SEC will get 4 teams in, ... 5 at the most.

 

As far as BCG, a guy I work with has been a HUGE BCG supporter. This morning is the first time I have heard him really down on BCG. His comment was 'How can you have 2 players as good as PP and JM and not be better than this? Something is going on with this team we just don't know about for them to be playing like this. Earlier in the season they played better than they are right now.'

 

Next year they HAVE to show some major improvement or BCG could be on the hotseat.

 

The loss of Jasper is REALLY coming home to roost right now. If they have a healthy Jasper, they would be a much better team.

Didn't see the game. However I have seen enough to ask, do we really think they win against Fla.? When's the last time UK had to win the confernce championship to recieve an NCAA bid?

I know other teams have been losing. But did any of them lose to a team as bad as Georgia at home?

I know other teams have been losing. But did any of them lose to a team as bad as Georgia at home?

 

Florida lost to them but i dont know where it was played

The RPI went from 66 to 78 after that lose last night. This is from Lance McAlister's blog page via collegerpi.com

I think it will take at LEAST 2 SEC tourney wins plus a UF win to have a shot. The SEC will get 4 teams in, ... 5 at the most.

 

I think 4 is safe. 5 would surprise me (but Slive is head of the comittee, so maybe).

 

The SEC locks are LSU, USC, and UT.

 

The only other teams that have a chance are UK, Florida, and Auburn.

 

If UK beats Florida (for the sweep) and wins a tourney game, its REALLY hard to pick UF ahead of them.

 

Florida lost to UT twice, and also lost to Georgia.

Florida lost to them but i dont know where it was played

 

Last night was GA first road win. They have 3 wins in the SEC.

Last night was GA first road win. They have 3 wins in the SEC.

 

That is just embarissing to the Kentucky program

IMHO, The SEC only deserves 3 at large bids. If they get anymore the Selection Committee should be run out of town on a rail.:lol:

That is just embarissing to the Kentucky program

 

:thumb: Yes it is.

This is what I think of the game and Coach G.:puke::puke::puke::madman:

Think about this. If they beat Florida on Saturday that would make them 4-0 against Florida and Tennessee. If someone told us that at the beginning of the season we would have said SEC championship and NCAA bid for sure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.