Bengals Sign Coles

I hope they keep Ocho (in which I think they will). People dicount his talents because of his off the field antics. The guy is a great receiver with HOF numbers. He is a five time pro bowler, has led the league in scoring multiple years, etc...

I think he still has some in the tank. He was injured last season, I think Coles coming in will revive him. He likes competition.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they keep Ocho (in which I think they will). People dicount his talents because of his off the field antics. The guy is a great receiver with HOF numbers. He is a five time pro bowler, has led the league in scoring multiple years, etc...

I think he still has some in the tank. He was injured last season, I think Coles coming in will revive him. He likes competition.

CJ is a stud, no doubt about it... But WR is not a great need like the OLine is. If we can get a draft pick in the 2nd or 3rd, I think they need to get rid of him...

CJ is a stud, no doubt about it... But WR is not a great need like the OLine is. If we can get a draft pick in the 2nd or 3rd, I think they need to get rid of him...

I agree. But it would be nice to see him rebound and have a big year.

He's never been a huge TD guy but he has been a leader in the yardage category.

Resigning TJ would have been stupid. I just don't understand how Bengal fans complain about the way the organization is ran, then want them to do something dumb like resign him.

Resigning him for the right price would have been smart. Giving him a long term deal worth tons of money would have been stupid.

I'd say they offered him around what Seattle offered, but TJ is obviously smart enough to get away from Cincy :lol:.

Resigning him for the right price would have been smart. Giving him a long term deal worth tons of money would have been stupid.

I'd say they offered him around what Seattle offered, but TJ is obviously smart enough to get away from Cincy :lol:.

Right since Seattle was worse last year. :idunno:

Right since Seattle was worse last year. :idunno:

But at least Seattle has shown a history of making themselves competitive - in fact, very competitive - in cycles. The Bengals are just in one long, continuous, monotonous down cycle and that cycle will certainly extend into 2009. I guarantee TJ has a better chance of seeing the playoffs in Seattle before he would with the Bengals.

I've got a good friend that coached for the Jets. He used to go on about how tough Coles is. I think his passion and toughness will be an added asset that the Bengals need more of. Hope it rubs off!

The "right price" would have been way too much money. TJ didn't want to stay here. I think, with TJ, Cincy would have had the makings of a top offense again. But losing takes a toll on you. How can you blame him?

I'm glad they signed a quality WR but I am really curious about how they end up drafting. Building some depth at all positions would be nice, and I would really like to see the OL get a boost.