March 4, 200917 yr Just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the Bengals signed Coles to a 4 year, 28 million deal. No word yet on the signing bonus.
March 4, 200917 yr A large contract, but I think Coles can be better than TJ... nice to see a big name signing. I like it.
March 4, 200917 yr The more I think about this deal, the more it makes me wonder about Chad... Coles ihas proven he can be a number one receiver, he's not exactly a slot guy... He isn't really like TJ. Could this be more of a replacement for Chad, than TJ? I would be comfortable with Coles, Chris Henry, Caldwell, and Simpson as my WR corp... I like this move, but I'd love it if it turned into trading Chad away for some draft picks or an OL...
March 4, 200917 yr The more I think about this deal, the more it makes me wonder about Chad... Coles ihas proven he can be a number one receiver, he's not exactly a slot guy... He isn't really like TJ. Could this be more of a replacement for Chad, than TJ? I would be comfortable with Coles, Chris Henry, Caldwell, and Simpson as my WR corp... I like this move, but I'd love it if it turned into trading Chad away for some draft picks or an OL... I see them trading CJ before the draft. Here's a link to the signing: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7542
March 4, 200917 yr I see them trading CJ before the draft. Here's a link to the signing: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7542 If so, Mike Brown must not be making these deals. They make sense...
March 4, 200917 yr That would be awesome if they traded Chad away. Seems like a little to much money.
March 4, 200917 yr That would be awesome if they traded Chad away. Seems like a little to much money. Its a lot of money, maybe too much, but Coles is a safe number one guy who will be consistantly strong, but not a star. While hes not a star, getting rid of Chad for a 2nd and 4th to a team like Minnesota or da Bears, is worth 28 mill...
March 4, 200917 yr Its a lot of money, maybe too much, but Coles is a safe number one guy who will be consistantly strong, but not a star. While hes not a star, getting rid of Chad for a 2nd and 4th to a team like Minnesota or da Bears, is worth 28 mill... I agree but I don't see them getting rid of Chad. They would be putting a lot of faith into a young WR corps with a bad OL. unless improved in the draft.
March 4, 200917 yr I agree but I don't see them getting rid of Chad. They would be putting a lot of faith into a young WR corps with a bad OL. unless improved in the draft. Improving the OL would be the reason to get rid of Chad IMO... Bengals could get a star in the first round with Monroe or Jason Smith, and another solid one with one of the three 2nd round picks they'd have, if they get one for Chad... With a good O-Line, I think Carson could throw to Brossart's wide receivers... WR's are the most overrated players, IMO.
March 4, 200917 yr Author Its a lot of money, maybe too much, but Coles is a safe number one guy who will be consistantly strong, but not a star. While hes not a star, getting rid of Chad for a 2nd and 4th to a team like Minnesota or da Bears, is worth 28 mill... I know I'm probably in the minority on the Chad issue, but I think it would be wise to keep him for at least another year. His play was stellar until last year. He has stated he will attend all off season workouts and hasn't caused all of the commotion yet this year. Hopefully he will turn things around and be the productive number 1 he has been.
March 4, 200917 yr I know I'm probably in the minority on the Chad issue, but I think it would be wise to keep him for at least another year. His play was stellar until last year. He has stated he will attend all off season workouts and hasn't caused all of the commotion yet this year. Hopefully he will turn things around and be the productive number 1 he has been. Chad's no doubt a great player... But even aside from the distractions, this team needs draft picks for linemen... If they can get a couple draft picks, send Chad packing...
March 4, 200917 yr Improving the OL would be the reason to get rid of Chad IMO... Bengals could get a star in the first round with Monroe or Jason Smith, and another solid one with one of the three 2nd round picks they'd have, if they get one for Chad... With a good O-Line, I think Carson could throw to Brossart's wide receivers... WR's are the most overrated players, IMO. I couldn't agree more. The problem with trading him for a bunch of picks is we have to pay all those high picks. I hope you are going to be right and it plays out like that but with the Bengals you just can't assume the best most will be made although they done good so far.
March 4, 200917 yr Improving the OL would be the reason to get rid of Chad IMO... Bengals could get a star in the first round with Monroe or Jason Smith, and another solid one with one of the three 2nd round picks they'd have, if they get one for Chad... With a good O-Line, I think Carson could throw to Brossart's wide receivers... WR's are the most overrated players, IMO. I should clarify... Larry Fitzgereld, Steve Smith, etc. are game changers, but I don't think Chad is at that level anymore... I think Carson could succeed with Coles, Henry, and the young guys...
March 4, 200917 yr I couldn't agree more. The problem with trading him for a bunch of picks is we have to pay all those high picks. I hope you are going to be right and it plays out like that but with the Bengals you just can't assume the best most will be made although they done good so far. Agreed, only bad part about those picks is Mike Brown would still be making them... Amazing how Bengals were doing awful in the free agent market 72 hours ago, and now its pretty solid, not great, but solid... Free agency is a fickled thing...
March 4, 200917 yr Agreed, only bad part about those picks is Mike Brown would still be making them... Amazing how Bengals were doing awful in the free agent market 72 hours ago, and now its pretty solid, not great, but solid... Free agency is a fickled thing... A couple mock drafts have the Bengals selecting Andre Smith which would greatly improve the OL
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.