Bengals Sign Coles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I don't know that Coles over TJ is an upgrade, but I like the fact that we got a lightning fast WR. I've always liked what Coles brings to the table, although he's on the backside of his career.

You could argue TJ was on the backside of his career too

Actually last year Coles tied his alltime high for tds in a season while TJ was 8 under his highest amount of tds

The QB situation for both was a little different than both were used to last year. Fitzy and Plamer aren't quite the same.

Actually last year Coles tied his alltime high for tds in a season while TJ was 8 under his highest amount of tds

TJ is one year off his career high in receptions and TD's and still put up some very nice numbers in 2008 despite having a horrific QB. I would submit that Coles' decline will be steeper than TJ's because much of Cole's success has been predicated on speed, whereas TJ's success comes from great routes and living over the middle where most WR's avoid. You won't see either Coles or Chad risking going over the middle that often, so that'll leave it up to Henry or one of the newer WR's.

TJ is one year off his career high in receptions and TD's and still put up some very nice numbers in 2008 despite having a horrific QB. I would submit that Coles' decline will be steeper than TJ's because much of Cole's success has been predicated on speed, whereas TJ's success comes from great routes and living over the middle where most WR's avoid. You won't see either Coles or Chad risking going over the middle that often, so that'll leave it up to Henry or one of the newer WR's.

You think Henry will go across the middle:rolleyes:

You think Henry will go across the middle:rolleyes:

No. Or if he does, you will see the ultimate case of "alligator arms" (which Chad has aptly demonstrated for him.) I'm not sure what the capabilites are of the younger guys because they played so little. But what made the Bengals' passing game so effective was TJ working inside to help open Chad on the outside. Coles and Chad are both outside guys.

No. Or if he does, you will see the ultimate case of "alligator arms" (which Chad has aptly demonstrated for him.) I'm not sure what the capabilites are of the younger guys because they played so little. But what made the Bengals' passing game so effective was TJ working inside to help open Chad on the outside. Coles and Chad are both outside guys.

I gotta agree TJs ability to make the clutch third down catch accrosed the middle will be greatly missed