And the SEC Player of the Year is.....

UKMustangFan

Who is the SEC Player of the Year?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the SEC Player of the Year?

• Devan Downey South Carolina
    • Jodie Meeks Kentucky
    • Patrick Patterson Kentucky
    • Nick Calathes Florida
    • Marcus Thronton Louisiana State

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Calathes #33 G

2008-09 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

18.4 6.4 .424 5.3 0.2 2.1

Jodie Meeks #23 G

2008-09 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

25.1 1.7 .419 3.6 0.1 1.3

Patrick Patterson #54 F

2008-09 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

18.6 1.9 .000 9.1 1.8 0.7

Marcus Thornton #5 G

2008-09 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

21 2.1 .403 5.5 0.4 1.6

Devan Downey #2 G

2008-09 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

20.2 4.4 .356 2.7 0.1 3.1

I'd go with Calathes or Downey, leaning towards Calathes... Just the way he plays, you watch him and expect him to contribute every time down the floor in someway. Whether it be with a great pass, a big three, or an offensive rebound... Thornton and Meeks can score, but it games when they don't, they have no impact on the game. Calathes, and the same could be said for Downey, just makes things happen...

I'd go with Calathes or Downey, leaning towards Calathes... Just the way he plays, you watch him and expect him to contribute every time down the floor in someway. Whether it be with a great pass, a big three, or an offensive rebound... Thornton and Meeks can score, but it games when they don't, they have no impact on the game. Calathes, and the same could be said for Downey, just makes things happen...

I think Calathes may finish 4th if USC wins the East.

I'm saying Thornton just because of how LSU overachieved this year and he lead the charge. Remember where LSU had been the last couple of year and how they broke out to be the conference champs this year.

I'm saying Thornton just because of how LSU overachieved this year and he lead the charge. Remember where LSU had been the last couple of year and how they broke out to be the conference champs this year.

While Thornton deserves a big chunk of credit, you also have to look at who is no longer on the sidelines there...

:puke::eyeonyou:

I would love for it to be Jodie. But at the time being, I would have to say Downey. The argument could be made for any of these guys and their infinite value to their squad, but SC is way better than I thought they would be, so he would probably get my vote (begrudgingly).