Newport Central Catholic vs. St. Henry

Great Picture Panda, but many left out!

Oh, its like I heard a parent talking to the Enquirer photographer last night "can you put my kids picture in the paper". Everyone wants their kids pictures in the paper!

If you notice in most of my game pics I always try to at least get a little something of everyone (even the benches).

No intention to slight anyone but you must admit that these are some key match up players though. I plan to shoot the remainder of the tourney if the BOK arena doesn't preclude me from bringing in the camera. Notice the signs on the doors next time you arrive.

Also notice you can right click my pics and they are yours for the taking, I have never sold a picture because I take pure enjoyment out of just taking and sharing them.

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think NCC played with no emotion against Holmes, I do not think coach Dawn will have a problem getting them ready to play for an opportunity to go to the region finals. Don't forget he coached at St. Henry on the boys side many years ago...Ryle's pressure really hurt St. Henry they will get a big dose from the Breds...NCC+15.

NCC plays better pressure defense than any other team in the region.

I couldn't agree more. The pressure on the SH guards will be the difference.

The ref's seem to be pretty whistle happy from what I witnessed. Early foul trouble on key player's could be a factor.

The ref's seem to be pretty whistle happy from what I witnessed. Early foul trouble on key player's could be a factor.

Sandfoss can not get into foul trouble.

Even though I have two cousins whose daughters play on St. Henry's team , I believe that Newport Central Catholic will win this game by 12+ points . Go Breds !! :thumb:

Not much love here for the Lady Cru... St. Henry is a much improved team from the early loss to NCC. The Cru played Highlands and LCA late in the year and took both of these games to the wire. I believe the coaching staff has the team much better prepared to handle the pressure from NCC, but the tenacious defense that NCC plays will definitely be a factor. I also agree that foul trouble could play a big role in the outcome, both for NCC and St. Henry. The Lady Cru has relied on a 7 girl rotation of late, and keeping Abby Janszen and Taylor Gamm on the floor will be crucial. Good luck Lady Cru, the St. Henry faithful are very proud of your accomplishments. Sometimes being the "underdog" can be a positive thing, go out and take care of business.:D

NCC's success really all comes down to one player, (Courtney Sandfoss). She makes everyone on her team better. As long as she plays great they're fine.

There is alot of talented players on NCC. Courtney can make things happen but it is a team game and it takes more than one player for the success that the Breds have had this year. Ron Dawn has really turned the team around and IMO deserves the Coach of the Year Award!:clap:

SH is a much better team than what the Breds played in the All A and they know that. I'm sure Ron will have them laced up and ready to go Friday!:popcorn:

Not much love here for the Lady Cru... St. Henry is a much improved team from the early loss to NCC. The Cru played Highlands and LCA late in the year and took both of these games to the wire. I believe the coaching staff has the team much better prepared to handle the pressure from NCC, but the tenacious defense that NCC plays will definitely be a factor. I also agree that foul trouble could play a big role in the outcome, both for NCC and St. Henry. The Lady Cru has relied on a 7 girl rotation of late, and keeping Abby Janszen and Taylor Gamm on the floor will be crucial. Good luck Lady Cru, the St. Henry faithful are very proud of your accomplishments. Sometimes being the "underdog" can be a positive thing, go out and take care of business.:D
Well I went to NC and my wife graduated from OLPA the girls school that merged with NC to form NCC . All three of my kids went to NCC and two of them are coaches there now( not basketball ) so my Roots there are deep . I cheered on St Henry against Ryle the other night and if it wasn't NCC that St Henry was playing I would be cheering for them again .:thumb:

NCC was the first team to really press St. Henry this season. At that time the Crusaders were not prepared for the relentless pressure brought on by NCC. Since that game, St. Henry has faced a handful of teams that have pressed. None of these teams have pressured the Crusaders like NCC did in the All "A", but just the same, those games should help the Crusaders be better prepared this time. In the All "A" game St. Henry constantly dribbled and passed directly into trapping situations. A lot of those passes were lob passes which are definitely a no-no against NCC's defense. If their guards play with their head up and if the receivers step to the pass, the turnovers should be cut down dramatically. Playing on a larger floor this time should help as well. The Crusaders did a good job of dictating the tempo of the game against Ryle. They can't let NCC do the same to them on Friday night. If they do, it could get ugly for the Crusaders. Let's go Crusaders!! Stay focused and take them one game at a time.

I think that if St. Henry can pound it inside it will be a close game. Since NCC's loss to Ryle last month they seem to be playing like a different team. I like NCC by 7.

Tabor is a pretty good force on the inside on defense.

Great Picture Panda, but many left out!

Wow....don't get that one.

That dude should have a KHSAA pass that gets him in to any high school basketball game he wants to attend. He has taken 10's of thousands of pictures of kids playing sports and preserved so many memories for all of us. My very favorite picture of my kid playing sports was taken by none other than Panda. Thanks for all the memories Panda man.

Here's a picture of him. I guess we will still never know what he looks like since he is either behind his camera or wearing the Panda suit that he posted here the other day.

3261854623_4503d99b85.jpg

Wow....don't get that one.

That dude should have a KHSAA pass that gets him in to any high school basketball game he wants to attend. He has taken 10's of thousands of pictures of kids playing sports and preserved so many memories for all of us. My very favorite picture of my kid playing sports was taken by none other than Panda. Thanks for all the memories Panda man.

Here's a picture of him. I guess we will still never know what he looks like since he is either behind his camera or wearing the Panda suit that he posted here the other day.

3261854623_4503d99b85.jpg

That's awesome! We do appreciate all the great pictures, thanks again from you friends at NCC!:clap: