All in the Family

Children who are six year of age by Oct. 1st can not start 1st grade until the following year. Perhaps this is the case. Why does it matter to you anyway? They are both

good students and good ball players.

I personally could care less. I really like Ferg. The kid's range is unlimited. I was just wondering if he and the Faulkners had been held back or not because I had heard they were and wanted to find out if there was any truth to it.

Actually, I've heard Elliott's whole starting 5 was all held back...Ferg, Faulkners, and both Knipp brothers, along with the Morgan kid as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally could care less. I really like Ferg. The kid's range is unlimited. I was just wondering if he and the Faulkners had been held back or not because I had heard they were and wanted to find out if there was any truth to it.

Actually, I've heard Elliott's whole starting 5 was all held back...Ferg, Faulkners, and both Knipp brothers, along with the Morgan kid as well.

As a northern Kentuckian and as a fan of both Covington Holmes and Scott County, I have been both amused and bored by all the posts this year by Elliott County fans. I, too, understand that the Elliott County boys were all held back. Surely, one of the many Elliott County posters can answer tezzyrice's legitimate question. The silence is out of character and probably reveals the answer.

I can tell you that all these kids have been in the same grade together since they were in the 7th (with my daughter) grade and entered middle school!!! At that time the 3 county elementary schools are combined into one middle/high school.

I can tell you that all these kids have been in the same grade together since they were in the 7th (with my daughter) grade and entered middle school!!! At that time the 3 county elementary schools are combined into one middle/high school.

Come on now. Is this really the best you guys can do? I suspect you know a lot more than you are disclosing. The question was really pretty simple.

It's a great personal interest story and both kids are great high school players. I have watched Jonathon play off and on for the last three years and he is a player and pure shooter. I watched Shea play last night and her game was very impressive with her shooting and hustle. I would like to see more of these personal interest stories on other players across the state. Very interesting.:taz:

Come on now. Is this really the best you guys can do? I suspect you know a lot more than you are disclosing. The question was really pretty simple.

What makes the difference and who cares. :idunno::confused:

And why does it matter? The fact is they are both good students and good basketball players! What decisions their parents may have made seven to twelve years ago are not relevant.

And why does it matter? The fact is they are both good students and good basketball players! What decisions their parents may have made seven to twelve years ago are not relevant.

I understand they were all held back after the sixth grade so that was a bit less than what you are suggesting.

I'm not finding any fault with being held back. I actually support it in some cases. I just think that, since the Elliott County team has gotten so much media coverage this year and since its fans are so vocal, this bit of information would provide for a little better "full disclosure".

By the way, no one is suggesting the Ferguson girl was held back and I'm sure that both Fergusons are fine students. I applaud them both.

However, you people are still evading the question asked by tezzyrice.

I understand they were all held back after the sixth grade so that was a bit less than what you are suggesting.

I'm not finding any fault with being held back. I actually support it in some cases. I just think that, since the Elliott County team has gotten so much media coverage this year and since its fans are so vocal, this bit of information would provide for a little better "full disclosure".

By the way, no one is suggesting the Ferguson girl was held back and I'm sure that both Fergusons are fine students. I applaud them both.

That information if incorrect. I can tell you that my daughter, Ethan, Evan, Ferg, Morgan all entered the 7th grade TOGETHER!

That information if incorrect. I can tell you that my daughter, Ethan, Evan, Ferg, Morgan all entered the 7th grade TOGETHER!

You still are not answering the question. Were the players held back somewhere along the line or were they not held back somewhere along the line? Has your daughter been in the same grade as the players all twelve years (1-12)?

Tezzyrice's question is really honest and straight forward. Can't we get an honest and straight forward answer? It merely seeks information that would be interesting to those of us who aren't fully tied to the Elliott County legend. There is no punishment to anyone for a fully truthful answer.

If they were held back it is legal, if it is done before 8th grade. So I guess it is a non-issue. Ask Paintsville if they held anyone back when they won the state title. Ask all of these schools around the Lexington area how they continue to get transfers from some of the states top players.

There is no possible way the Shae could be held back if she is a year and so much younger than Ferg and they both are senior's:confused:

On the other hand this is a:deadhorse: because it was discussed on here ridiculously for about 2 or 3 months a year or so ago!!!!!!!!!

I can not speak for the rest of them but I held Ferg back....AND!!!!!!!!!!

You can quit worrying about Tezzy's question being evaded and get a good night's sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I will also add that at the time of that discussion I researched all the reputable players that had been held back and I know longer have the list but there was TON"S of them!!!!!!!!!!:taz:

The good thing is...Ferg will still be wet behind the ear's when he graduates at 18, but not near as wet as he would have been at 17!!!!!!!!!!

You still are not answering the question. Were the players held back somewhere along the line or were they not held back somewhere along the line? Has your daughter been in the same grade as the players all twelve years (1-12)?

Tezzyrice's question is really honest and straight forward. Can't we get an honest and straight forward answer? It merely seeks information that would be interesting to those of us who aren't fully tied to the Elliott County legend. There is no punishment to anyone for a fully truthful answer.

My daughter attended Lakeside Elementary . . . Ethan/Evan attended Sandy Hook Elementary and Ferg/Morgan attended Isonville Elementary. They all came together in the 7th grade. Does that answer your question?

By the way Kudo's to Rocky Stanley..the guy who did the article!!!! I absolutely love it and it will grace my wall for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!

Thank's again Mr Stanley!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing greater in life than a man's children

especially when they are really working hard to be successful! I have had many accolades in my life in my favorite sports and hobbies, and none of them compares to how I feel about the smallest of my children's!!!!!!!!!!

There is no possible way the Shae could be held back if she is a year and so much younger than Ferg and they both are senior's:confused:

On the other hand this is a:deadhorse: because it was discussed on here ridiculously for about 2 or 3 months a year or so ago!!!!!!!!!

I can not speak for the rest of them but I held Ferg back....AND!!!!!!!!!!

You can quit worrying about Tezzy's question being evaded and get a good night's sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I will also add that at the time of that discussion I researched all the reputable players that had been held back and I know longer have the list but there was TON"S of them!!!!!!!!!!:taz:

The good thing is...Ferg will still be wet behind the ear's when he graduates at 18, but not near as wet as he would have been at 17!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent. Thank you for your somewhat candid response although, though you "can't speak for the rest of them", I'm sure you do know the answer to tezzyrice's question.

Can we conclude that all of them were held back? I believe so. No one is condemning anyone. I just believe that, in light of all the information we have been inundated with about Elliott County, the fact that all were held back is relevant to the mix and to the "legend".