Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wyrostek

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wyrostek

  1. Can I assume that Ashland cleaned Boyd County? My friends in that area predicted an easy win. I remember that BC has had some good teams in past years and that Ashland was good back in the 1960s.
  2. Do you really believe that the administration would have made such a decision without Flynn's consent? Your knowledge is wrong on this one. You give Flynn far too much credit.
  3. Highlands is a fine job. That's why they should have found a better coach to fill the vacancy. Still, it sure doesn't hurt Holmes so I guess I should be pleased. I understand that he was a bit of a whiner while at Ashland. He refused to schedule Rose Hill when Mayo was in the eighth grade. Said it had something to do with "philosophy". I guess the philosophy was to avoid defeat by avoiding superior competition. Will he try to dodge Holmes?
  4. Hey, Flynn at Highlands is fine with me. I'm a Holmes supporter.
  5. Did nothing at Ashland. Surely Highlands can do better.
  6. Delete. Posted in wrong thread.
  7. But the others did it with a bit less fanfare.
  8. Brewers in 1948, Cuba in 1952, and Carr Creek in 1956. These are small schools who came out of nowhere (therefore, true Cinderellas) to win state championships. These three are special teams who are true legends in Kentucky high school basketball history. Elliott County accomplished a lot in the weak 16th Region but nothing elsewhere. Absolutely nothing else. They were good and they were a novelty but they were not special and were and are certainly not legendary. We should give them their just praise but we should be careful with the excess and inapplicable accolades.
  9. Okay. I read the posts. Now, just what exactly makes them a "great" team. As I said, they were a novelty. They were a good human interest story. People are always looking for a new "Hoosiers". Thus, they got coverage. Many adjectives do not apply to them and great is certainly one of them. Great teams win championships. Elliott County, although the tournament favorite in the eyes of many, won nothing. Give them the credit they deserve. However, don't try to create a legend where there is none outside of Sandy Hook and its suburbs. They are a really nice, feel-good human interest story but that's it.
  10. Nope. Nothing out of the 16th Region. Elliott County was a good team and certainly became a novelty but it was in no way a great team.
  11. It looks like they uded a quota system rather than picking the best performers. Each team in the championship got 3, each losing semi-finalist got 2, and each losing second rounder got 1. I guess the only question is whether or not the individual coaches choose who from their team fills their applicable quota as you usually see in the districts. Regardless, it doesn't promote choosing the most deserving.
  12. Good to hear. You should be happy. Winning three regional tournaments, even in the 16th Region, is an accomplishment. As well as being happy, I would agree with Shutitdown that you should be thankful that you were in that region instead of the 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, or 11th. The competition is a bit more "consistent" in those regions.
  13. We have been told over and over for four years by their partisans that these Elliott County boys don't get tired. After all, so we were told, they have played AAU together since the fourth grade and, as we all know, AAU teams often play two and sometimes three games a day in some of these tournaments. Therefore, I would be interested in knowing just what caused the tiring of Elliott County in this tournament since, as was said, they don't get tired. And, in reality, the teams that EC beat in the first two rounds were no better than the two that Holmes beat. So, no excuse there. I don't believe they would have had any chance to beat Holmes unless the game were played at Sandy Hook. I also would say the same about a game against Central, Eastern, or Scott County. They lost. They were the pretournament favorite (certainly no Cinderella) according to many including Litkenhous. But, as with all the others except Holmes, they lost. They are not the champions. They will not be the champions. That is just reality and no amount of "woulda, coulda, shoulda" will change it. I'll also bet that Central, Eastern, Scott County, and maybe a few others are also playing the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game. When you lose, that tends to be the case.
  14. You called the winner but it took "six" quarters. The Central team was well coached.
  15. Congratulations to our 2009 State Champion Covington Holmes Bulldogs. A special congratulations to the seniors and especially Big James Rice. He didn't get in the game but he is definitely a state champion. With Pittman, JJ, Ricardo, and some others coming back, the future looks good.
  16. Games are won and lost on the basketball court. Talk is cheap. The better team won.
  17. Good luck to our 9th Region representative.
  18. Sounds like the big city atmosphere got to them. Be careful. It could happen to your boys.:walk:
  19. If EC wanted to run up the score on Ashland, the margin of victory would have been many more than 33 and EC would have easily invaded the three digit territory. I doubt EC would have been gunning for Ashland just because Ashland "dodged" them during the regular season. This isn't the 1920s, 1930s or even the 1960s. Ashland is not seen any differently around the state than is any other team. Their glory days appear in history books somewhere between the Reformation and the Civil War.
  20. Let's see now. Your boys scored 61 and still lost by 22. I believe I'll take 32-29, win, and move on and I'll bet you would, too.
  21. Absolutely. Big offense may win headlines but big defense wins championships.
  22. Ryle, NCC, Russell. One doesn't fit. Possibly you have spent too much time in the 16th Region.
  23. I apologize if I wrongfully lumped you in with the other Elliott County rabble. The plethora of Elliott County partisan posters sometimes makes it difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.