All in the Family

Were not hiding anything. Just because we dont live on this site and get the response that you were looking for does not mean that we are "hesitant." Dale is right, we should not throw kids names on here and I shouldnt have mentioned the two Scott players names. Its really none of anyones buisness what parents do with their kids. Now if you really want to talk about an interesting fact, lets talk about teams who are almost completly made up of transferred players. Now thats interesting.:thumb:

No one in Covington or Georgetown is hiding anything. You are the guys who seemed "hesitant" to disclose the truth.

As I said, no one sinned or committed a crime. Absolutely all of your boys who actually play were held back a year. It is just an interesting fact. :thumb:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your a little worried since you are so concerned with Elliott.

I know you're a big EC fan, but can you honestly say having 4 holdbacks isn't an advantage? I see nothing wrong with it, as they are eligible, which means they meet the age deadlines set forth by the KHSAA. It does make a difference in maturity on the court though. These kids all essentially have an extra year of experience on their competition which is a huge advantage. It's one thing to have one hold back...but to have 4 and all of them be starters? It makes you wonder a little if they were held back for the right reasons or not...:idunno:

This is just another attempt to try and bash Elliott by throwing the fact that some of our boys were held back. I know for a fact that several Scott County and Holmes players were held back, and schools have done this for years so I dont see how it has anything to do with the so called "legend." Its people like this that just makes my love for Elliott basketball stronger because I can see how intimidated people are at a small mountain teams success.

Care to elaborate?

The only one on Holmes team that I know of is 8th grader Christian Mcclendon, but he doesn't even contribute at the varsity level which makes your argument irrelevant.

I see your point; however it is also an advatage to have the majority of your players transfer in. So I think we are just picking hairs here. And I find it hard to believe that the notion of holding players back is even being debated in this thread. Its been going on for years, every good team does it, and its a known fact that this happens. I am done arguing about this. This thread was started to showcase two talented and great young people. Start a thread about holding kids back if you want; buts lets not tarnish this one because we want to argue the "legend," every Elliott hater seems to be worried about. Great job Ferg and Shae, and Dale a great job to you for preparing these kids; it had to take a lot of determination and basketball disipline to get them were they are at.:thumb:

I know you're a big EC fan, but can you honestly say having 4 holdbacks isn't an advantage? I see nothing wrong with it, as they are eligible, which means they meet the age deadlines set forth by the KHSAA. It does make a difference in maturity on the court though. These kids all essentially have an extra year of experience on their competition which is a huge advantage. It's one thing to have one hold back...but to have 4 and all of them be starters? It makes you wonder a little if they were held back for athletic purposes or not...:idunno:

I know you're a big EC fan, but can you honestly say having 4 holdbacks isn't an advantage? I see nothing wrong with it, as they are eligible, which means they meet the age deadlines set forth by the KHSAA. It does make a difference in maturity on the court though. These kids all essentially have an extra year of experience on their competition which is a huge advantage. It's one thing to have one hold back...but to have 4 and all of them be starters? It makes you wonder a little if they were held back for the right reasons or not...:idunno:

I held MY kid back! You tell me what the right reason's are for the concern's of my child!

I understand they were all held back after the sixth grade so that was a bit less than what you are suggesting.

I'm not finding any fault with being held back. I actually support it in some cases. I just think that, since the Elliott County team has gotten so much media coverage this year and since its fans are so vocal, this bit of information would provide for a little better "full disclosure".By the way, no one is suggesting the Ferguson girl was held back and I'm sure that both Fergusons are fine students. I applaud them both.

However, you people are still evading the question asked by tezzyrice

Full Disclosure?

:idunno:Are they playing basketball or being tested for steroids? Give it a rest.

[/b]

I held MY kid back! You tell me what the right reason's are for the concern's of my child!

Dale, I personally have no problem with a kid being held back. If they meet the deadlines for the KHSAA when it comes to age, then there is nothing wrong with doing that.

I just found it a little strange that all 4 of EC's star senior players were held back at the same time. Nothing more, nothing less. Take it FWIW. Jonathon is an outstanding ball player but an even better young man. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my questions or comments. They were purely out of curiosity.

Dale, I personally have no problem with a kid being held back. If they meet the deadlines for the KHSAA when it comes to age, then there is nothing wrong with doing that.

I just found it a little strange that all 4 of EC's star senior players were held back at the same time. Nothing more, nothing less. Take it FWIW. Jonathon is an outstanding ball player but an even better young man. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my questions or comments. They were purely out of curiosity.

This was a thread to recognize the accomplishments of a few young people. The comments and the attempt to twist it into something else is tasteless and I would say the same thing if it were a Holmes kid or Scott County. I wonder why people even bother to let their kids play sports and go through this crap. I'm done with this one so don't bother replying to my post!

Boy. It sure took a lot to get an answer to a simple question concerning whether or not at least six of the Elliott County players had been held back. We had to put up with an Elliott Countian taking a cheap shot at academics at Holmes. We have been called, among other things, "tasteless" and "Elliott haters". All this just for asking a legitimate question.

Man, you Elliott Countians sure can sing your song when all is positive and rosy but you seem to recoil when you don't want to answer a question that is a little challenging of your legend.

I must admit that, when taken as a whole, you guys will deserve a goodly bit of sarcasm when you lose, which you obviously will, prior to Saturday at Rupp Arena. I am saying you will get there since the 16th Region is without peer as a weak region.