Players to watch in the 9th Region Tourney

Most of know of the studs that holmes has but who are some of the players we need to watch for. I remember a few years back CovCath and Holmes were favored to win the 9th, but the player that impressed me the most was Brett Lafallete of Conner. He had a great tourny. Who are some of the players to watch for? Here are some of my "players to watch".....

Jeremy Conner-NCC

Zach Lother-Highlands

Cameron Speed-St. Henry

Scotty Volz-St. Henry

Buettel-Beechwood

Jamel Riley-Holmes

Mitch Mcleish-Ryle

Andy Ahern-Ryle

Gabbard-Boone Co

Cotton-Boone Co

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some nice players off the top of my head other than the many really good players Holmes has.

NCC: Pangello, the elder Giesler, Conner if he gets a look.

Boone: Earls, Gabbard, McFarland

Ryle: McLeish, Coleman

Dixie: Trammel, Pompilio

St. Henry: Speed, Zumdick

Beechwood: Buettel, Romes

Highlands: Kowolonek, Watson, Grote.

Pangallo-NCC

I haven't seen him more than 3 times but when I do see him I've left thinking what was all the hype about. He's not a very big scorer. I never see him as an outside threat. He's a very good defender though. Am I missing something? Have I just seen him on bad nights?

I haven't seen him more than 3 times but when I do see him I've left thinking what was all the hype about. He's not a very big scorer. I never see him as an outside threat. He's a very good defender though. Am I missing something? Have I just seen him on bad nights?

He's got great handles but struggles to see the floor and then it's usually to late. I don't think you're missing anything.

Real nice player. Prototypical PG in my opinion. Sees the floor, handles the ball, knocks down open shots and defends. Makes his teammates better. Northern Kentucky has some very talented PG's and he is one of them.

I would say 14 assists against Highlands is seeing the court pretty well. Not to mention being #2 in the region in assists.

#2 in the region is very good in assist but he also has some big bodies to get the ball to on the post.

I've seen him and Jake Hils of St. Henry and they seem like the same player. Both are good leaders on the floor, play good defense and dish the ball to everyone else. But they don't score.

#2 in the region is very good in assist but he also has some big bodies to get the ball to on the post.

I've seen him and Jake Hils of St. Henry and they seem like the same player. Both are good leaders on the floor, play good defense and dish the ball to everyone else. But they don't score.

Averages 8.6 ppg.....I think that he needs to bring up his free throw percentages and shooting percentages as a whole but I don't agree that Pangallo and Hils are same type player. Pangallo is a legitimate threat on the offensive side

The knock on Pangallo is his size. I think he's only 5'7 or 5'8?

He is very quick with the ball though and a nice little player. He broke Holmes press all by himself several times when they played.

He is the same size as his dad Jimmy and If memory serves me correctly, Jimmy was the 9th reigon Kehoe Player of the year his senior year?

I would say 14 assists against Highlands is seeing the court pretty well. Not to mention being #2 in the region in assists.

Not a knock on him at all he do alot but if he saw Meyer and Connor sooner he could've had 20 assists! The kid can play no doubt about it. Connor will need to launch some bombs against Holmes!!!!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13