Players to watch in the 9th Region Tourney

I don't think Conner from NCC will do much in the tournament. I know he had a big night against Highlands, but I don't think he is good enough to do that on consecutive nights. He is a good player, but teams will be putting some of their best defenders on him. I just don't think he has proved that he is good enough to do what he did against highlands in consecutive games.

He's an excellent spot shooter. Plays well off of the drive and dish and has an excellent PG to do that. For someone to put their best defender on him I think wouldn't be a smart decision. Tell a defender to not help off of him to stop the drive.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an excellent spot shooter. Plays well off of the drive and dish and has an excellent PG to do that. For someone to put their best defender on him I think wouldn't be a smart decision. Tell a defender to not help off of him to stop the drive.

I agree, you dont deny him the ball you simply try to stop the dribble drive and just play solid defense if he gets the kick out. The key for NCC is whether or not they can get their shooters hot or not. If they are cold and they have to depend on sophomore Jake Geisler to score they are in trouble. I labled Geisler as a player to watch in this tournament.

I don't think Conner from NCC will do much in the tournament. I know he had a big night against Highlands, but I don't think he is good enough to do that on consecutive nights. He is a good player, but teams will be putting some of their best defenders on him. I just don't think he has proved that he is good enough to do what he did against highlands in consecutive games.

Agree but somehow he's been getting 4 or 5 3's a game for several weeks now appears to have added a ball fake that's working. To tell defenders not to leave him gives Pangallo a layup. What's the next option? If Meyer stays hot NCC will be dangerous!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I agree, you dont deny him the ball you simply try to stop the dribble drive and just play solid defense if he gets the kick out. The key for NCC is whether or not they can get their shooters hot or not. If they are cold and they have to depend on sophomore Jake Geisler to score they are in trouble. I labled Geisler as a player to watch in this tournament.

I didn't necessarily mean to deny him the ball, but maybe put a long defender on him. Conner is pretty short. The times I have watched him play I have never seen him take it to the basket. If there is always a hand in his face I think you can shut him down.

I didn't necessarily mean to deny him the ball, but maybe put a long defender on him. Conner is pretty short. The times I have watched him play I have never seen him take it to the basket. If there is always a hand in his face I think you can shut him down.

You probably would shut him down... However that's a huge if on that team. That means you have to have a point guard that keeps Pangallo from penetrating. You really don't want to use your best defender on a guy who is just a spot up shooter, but the problem is he can also be the guy that kills you. I've been saying this all year if Connor and one of the other Breds are on at the same time they are very tough to beat. If there are more than that on like they were against Highlands then this team can beat anyone.

On the other hand... They can very well lose to anyone as well. It's all about which team shows up and how they shoot.

You probably would shut him down... However that's a huge if on that team. That means you have to have a point guard that keeps Pangallo from penetrating. You really don't want to use your best defender on a guy who is just a spot up shooter, but the problem is he can also be the guy that kills you. I've been saying this all year if Connor and one of the other Breds are on at the same time they are very tough to beat. If there are more than that on like they were against Highlands then this team can beat anyone.

On the other hand... They can very well lose to anyone as well. It's all about which team shows up and how they shoot.

That's generally the case that it takes more than one player to beat someone. I guess that's why there are five on the floor.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Agree but somehow he's been getting 4 or 5 3's a game for several weeks now appears to have added a ball fake that's working. To tell defenders not to leave him gives Pangallo a layup. What's the next option? If Meyer stays hot NCC will be dangerous!

There are 3 other defenders that can help. And if he's hitting from the outside he hits as many 3's as Pangallo will make layups. And I'd rather give up 2's than 3's....