Wake Forest 70 Duke 68

Original Rookie

Horrible no call at the end on the push off. Wake was lucky to get this win. They led the majority of the game by around 8-10 and then let Duke back in it late.

He pushed Henderson, no doubt. But why neither of the two Duke players stepped up was unexcusable. Honestly, Wake deserved the game, they were in control most of the night.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing, but thought it was just my dislike for Duke. He was blowing that comeback way out of proportion.

No, it's a Mike Patrick thing with Duke.

Singler took a charge very early in the first half and Patrick says, "They are the best team in the history of NCAA basketball at taking charges!" I almost threw up.

No, it's a Mike Patrick thing with Duke.

Singler took a charge very early in the first half and Patrick says, "They are the best team in the history of NCAA basketball at taking charges!" I almost threw up.

:lol::lol: The comeback was not all that great for 1 reason, Duke is a very good team, and I expected that to be a close one at the end.

Let's just say I am VERY pleased with tonights game. Yes, I would have loved to win but in the big scheme of things its not that important. Duke flat played terrible, shot the ball poorly and was even making mistakes that just aren't common for this Duke team. To be down by 13, and have the heart and fight to come back and even tie the game with 13 seconds left showed me all I needed to see tonight. They had a chance to win at the #4 teams home court on an off night. Duke is a legitiment title contender.

Let's just say I am VERY pleased with tonights game. Yes, I would have loved to win but in the big scheme of things its not that important. Duke flat played terrible, shot the ball poorly and was even making mistakes that just aren't common for this Duke team. To be down by 13, and have the heart and fight to come back and even tie the game with 13 seconds left showed me all I needed to see tonight. They had a chance to win at the #4 teams home court on an off night. Duke is a legitiment title contender.

I think I learned the complete opposite from watching this game. I came to the conclusion that Duke is a very good team that can't win the title. They aren't athletic enough. They deserve to be ranked in the top 5, but IMO they aren't going to have the athletes to win 3 straight big games against athletic teams once the elite 8 begins.

It is impossible to listen to Mike Patrick call a Duke game. He is the most over-dramatic announcer out there, especially when the Dukies are playing.

He and Vitale tonight made it almost impossible to listen.

I think I learned the complete opposite from watching this game. I came to the conclusion that Duke is a very good team that can't win the title. They aren't athletic enough. They deserve to be ranked in the top 5, but IMO they aren't going to have the athletes to win 3 straight big games against athletic teams once the elite 8 begins.

Duke has no post game.... at all.

How athletic does a team have to be to have a chance? Smith, Henderson and Singler are VERY athletic. Thomas is athletic when he is in the game. Scheyer is athletic but not as athletic as the others mentioned.

I just believe they are one of 5-6 teams that have a shot at the National Championship this year. :thumb:

Completely agree.