Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wake Forest 70 Duke 68

Featured Replies

I've just always been of the belief that a potential game-tying or game-winning shot should be taken with about 3 seconds on the clock. Enough time to get a second chance on a miss; not enough time for the opposition to get a good shot to win.

 

No question that Henderson made a clutch shot; just too soon.

 

Didn't matter one way or the other to me which team won. As a long-time ACC fan, this was a fun game to watch. Just not to listen to.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say one thing about this game. I would be please if I was a Duke fan, they shot the ball very poorly and they were still right there in the end. I think if this game is played again they probably take it home.

 

I do believe that if this were at home they win...thankfully on the 22nd of February, there will be a chance to find out.

I thought Henderson's shot was a great shot. How can you not like having a guy on your team that wants the ball at crunch time and wants to take the last shot? It was maybe a little early, but the last time they missed it and got it back. Shooting early isn't a bad idea if you're going to play good D.

 

That out of bounds play by Wake Forest was brilliant. WF's Coach said he thought they would switch, and that play was perfect against a switching D. I'm going to write that one down. Absolutely brilliant.

 

And one final thing:

I'll have a double of whatever RockPride is drinking.

I am one mere person here in the Commonwealth....if a bast majority hates, arguably the best program in the last 20 years, because of me....I am flattered......

 

It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with a guy name Christian Donald Laettner. Don't flatter yourself.

And one more final thing: :D

 

This was a fun team to watch. Wake Forest impressed me a lot. They're tall, athletic and have quick guards. That's a good combo, although the guards weren't as impressive as I had hoped. I've heard so much about them, and I expected better decisions, especially late.

It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with a guy name Christian Donald Laettner. Don't flatter yourself.

 

You're dead on....BUT I ask you this....if I were never on this site, would Duke losses and their ensuing threads thrive like they have the last 6 1/2 years? I say no.

You're dead on....BUT I ask you this....if I were never on this site, would Duke losses and their ensuing threads thrive like they have the last 6 1/2 years? I say no.

 

That's a 1st.

 

I've never actually seen somebody insult themselves while complimenting themself.

 

Well played....I think. :idunno:

And one more final thing: :D

 

This was a fun team to watch. Wake Forest impressed me a lot. They're tall, athletic and have quick guards. That's a good combo, although the guards weren't as impressive as I had hoped. I've heard so much about them, and I expected better decisions, especially late.

 

That's why I had them pegged as a team that should be ready for a late surge, and not one flirting with #1 in January. We'll see if that early peak helps or hurts over the next few weeks...

You're dead on....BUT I ask you this....if I were never on this site, would Duke losses and their ensuing threads thrive like they have the last 6 1/2 years? I say no.

 

There are other Duke posters on here but none a vocal as you. They would thrive but not at the level they do when you are like this. :D

That's why I had them pegged as a team that should be ready for a late surge, and not one flirting with #1 in January. We'll see if that early peak helps or hurts over the next few weeks...

 

You would have to think it helps. They are a good way ahead of the learning curve.

That's why I had them pegged as a team that should be ready for a late surge, and not one flirting with #1 in January. We'll see if that early peak helps or hurts over the next few weeks...

 

If they can get a top 3 seed there is no doubt that it will help.

You would have to think it helps. They are a good way ahead of the learning curve.

Problem is you just never know with teams this young. And then a coach cutting his teeth as well has to be factored in. I love the team, but we'll see...

Problem is you just never know with teams this young. And then a coach cutting his teeth as well has to be factored in. I love the team, but we'll see...

 

If I was a WF fan, I'd be very worried about the way they handled the ball towards the end of the game.

 

Duke is a solid squad but they didn't shoot nearly well enough to get back into that game without Wake's help. If Teague is to be mentioned among the best PG's in the land this year, he's going to have to make much, much better decisions. You can tell the talent is there, though...

Problem is you just never know with teams this young. And then a coach cutting his teeth as well has to be factored in. I love the team, but we'll see...

 

This is what I feel will haunt them this season....they seem to now be destined for a 1 or a 2....and a Sweet 16 loss, IMO...not for lack of skill, but for lack of composure in a time of need.

^ I seems to recall 2 smart guys talking about that when they almost blew a game a while back. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.