Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wake Forest 70 Duke 68

Featured Replies

Let's just say I am VERY pleased with tonights game. Yes, I would have loved to win but in the big scheme of things its not that important. Duke flat played terrible, shot the ball poorly and was even making mistakes that just aren't common for this Duke team. To be down by 13, and have the heart and fight to come back and even tie the game with 13 seconds left showed me all I needed to see tonight. They had a chance to win at the #4 teams home court on an off night. Duke is a legitiment title contender.

 

I think I learned the complete opposite from watching this game. I came to the conclusion that Duke is a very good team that can't win the title. They aren't athletic enough. They deserve to be ranked in the top 5, but IMO they aren't going to have the athletes to win 3 straight big games against athletic teams once the elite 8 begins.

GRC and I almost always post in differnt ways regarding Duke. Latch, I must say, I am more inclined to be on GRC's side. Duke got outplayed by a MUCH, MUCH more athletic team, and yet they had a chance to win the game...actually rimmed out a game winner if you would. This game, did indeed solidify my flight reservations for Detroit that I booked. I do have an ace in the hole with Louisville. I have thought all along this Duke team is a 4-6 type team, and that's likely where they'll be Monday. It's not a bad night when you lose by a deuce (miss ya bro ;)) at the #4 team in the land...all is well in RockPride 'Ville....not a fun game to watch, but man so close.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How athletic does a team have to be to have a chance? Smith, Henderson and Singler are VERY athletic. Thomas is athletic when he is in the game. Scheyer is athletic but not as athletic as the others mentioned.

 

I just believe they are one of 5-6 teams that have a shot at the National Championship this year. :thumb:

 

I'm not getting into exact specifics, but athletic and long teams are going to give them trouble. I think they are one of the best 5 or 6 teams, but I wouldn't pick them in the top 5 to win the title.

It is impossible to listen to Mike Patrick call a Duke game. He is the most over-dramatic announcer out there, especially when the Dukies are playing.

 

As you know I am a HUGE Duke homer, and I find it an absolute joke the way that Mike Patrick drools over Duke....give it a break.....when Dick Vitale seems un-biased in reagards to Duke, in a telecast, it has to be bad.

Duke has no post game.... at all.

 

That too. I agree.

 

Maybe....tonight they didn't have one, but for the last 10 games it's been factor, we'll have to see from here.

I'm not getting into exact specifics, but athletic and long teams are going to give them trouble. I think they are one of the best 5 or 6 teams, but I wouldn't pick them in the top 5 to win the title.

 

I definitely agree with you that some of these teams may give Duke fits. All I'm saying is, Duke doesn't always have to play LIGHTS OUT like they have had to do in the past few seasons to have a chance at winning in a big game. That's comforting and a reason to look forward to March. :thumb:

I'm not getting into exact specifics, but athletic and long teams are going to give them trouble. I think they are one of the best 5 or 6 teams, but I wouldn't pick them in the top 5 to win the title.

 

After tonight I believe there are four teams that are more athletic and CAN beat them for the title...

 

UConn

Louisville

Carolina

Wake

 

Obviously it looks like an Elite Eight or Final Four matchup.....I can take it.

I definitely agree with you that some of these teams may give Duke fits. All I'm saying is, Duke doesn't always have to play LIGHTS OUT like they have had to do in the past few seasons to have a chance at winning in a big game. That's comforting and a reason to look forward to March. :thumb:

 

This is why I was VERY ok with tonight's game. Duke really didn't play well, and they could've won it.....that's very comforting.

Teague got MUGGED on that second to last play. Phenomenal inbounds play to win it. Horrible job boxing out by Wake on Duke's final offensive possession. I guess it was Singler that took the 3 and got his own board?? One of those white dudes...You gotta box out and grab that board if you are Wake, it almost cost them the game.

Always glad to see that other team in North Carolina lose...

GRC and I almost always post in differnt ways regarding Duke. Latch, I must say, I am more inclined to be on GRC's side. Duke got outplayed by a MUCH, MUCH more athletic team, and yet they had a chance to win the game...actually rimmed out a game winner if you would. This game, did indeed solidify my flight reservations for Detroit that I booked. I do have an ace in the hole with Louisville. I have thought all along this Duke team is a 4-6 type team, and that's likely where they'll be Monday. It's not a bad night when you lose by a deuce (miss ya bro ;)) at the #4 team in the land...all is well in RockPride 'Ville....not a fun game to watch, but man so close.

 

I'm not saying that they aren't very good, I'm just giving my opinion that they didn't play well b/c they weren't athletic enough to play well. They have to execute great and shoot very good to beat 6 or 8 teams IMO and one of them will get them in the last 3 rounds. I think they can make the final four but can't win two games if they get there. Wake also showed their inexperience a bit tonight and missed some ft's, but to me those are correctable. Athletic ability and length aren't. I also think Duke got a lot of 50/50 calls tonight. That may happen every game though w/ coach K.

Teague got MUGGED on that second to last play. Phenomenal inbounds play to win it. Horrible job boxing out by Wake on Duke's final offensive possession. I guess it was Singler that took the 3 and got his own board?? One of those white dudes...You gotta box out and grab that board if you are Wake, it almost cost them the game.

 

Yeah, the Wake guy let Scheyer step right in front of him and pick up the ball. The Wake guy looked like he was glued to the floor.

After tonight I believe there are four teams that are more athletic and CAN beat them for the title...

 

UConn

Louisville

Carolina

Wake

 

Obviously it looks like an Elite Eight or Final Four matchup.....I can take it.

 

Oklahoma and Texas would be big matchup problems too IMO. Pitt gives them problems too, but it's size more than athleticism. I would put them in front of Texas and Pitt, but they would be tough matchups. Look I can see flaws in everyone and say they won't win 6 tourney games and I'd be right about every team but 1. It's just my belief that Duke can't match up w/ long athletic teams 3 or 4 games in a row.

Horrible no call at the end on the push off. Wake was lucky to get this win. They led the majority of the game by around 8-10 and then let Duke back in it late.

 

Who got pushed by whom?

Always glad to see that other team in North Carolina lose...

 

There's 4 total in the ACC..

There's 4 total in the ACC..

 

Well anyhoo, glad to see them lose...:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.