Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County 56 Lincoln County 37

Featured Replies

Game was never in doubt after first 4 minutes. Garrard better at every position with exception of Spurlin. Garrard very well coached, disiplined and give a total team effort will give every team in 12th great problems. Lack of depth will be a problem in a long tournament run. If they stay out of foul trouble and keep score in the 50's they can be a major factor in a weak 12th

  • Replies 32
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably easier to make a short list of what teams can't win the 12th.

Starting with Monticello and then adding a few more.

 

Yeah, you definitely can count backwards in this region. I don't think Monticello, Somerset, Burgin or KSD can win the region, but you can make a little bit of a case for everyone else.

Game was never in doubt after first 4 minutes. Garrard better at every position with exception of Spurlin. Garrard very well coached, disiplined and give a total team effort will give every team in 12th great problems. Lack of depth will be a problem in a long tournament run. If they stay out of foul trouble and keep score in the 50's they can be a major factor in a weak 12th

 

Very good point. Garrard's defense is very tough, and shut Lincoln's pretty good offense down. Held them to 16 points in the first half. Garrard has to keep the score down!

:thumb:

  • Author
Game was never in doubt after first 4 minutes. Garrard better at every position with exception of Spurlin. Garrard very well coached, disiplined and give a total team effort will give every team in 12th great problems. Lack of depth will be a problem in a long tournament run. If they stay out of foul trouble and keep score in the 50's they can be a major factor in a weak 12th

 

This is a very good synopsis of the game. I agree 100% with every point you made.

  • Author

Good read about the game. LC's lowest total since 2006. I knew it was a poor shooting night. Some was good defense, but a lot of it was poor shooting. LC missed a lot of wide open jumpers they usually connect on. Garrard wanted this game more and they took it. It's obvious by some of the quotes in the article. I think it is a good point that LC views Boyle as their biggest rival. Probably true, in basketball, for LC and BC. However, the kid from Garrard views LC as their biggest. Seems odd to me, they just recently joined the same district and LC has dominated the series, going 48-20 (according to GCHS's hard work).

 

 

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=47354&format=html

Good read about the game. LC's lowest total since 2006. I knew it was a poor shooting night. Some was good defense, but a lot of it was poor shooting. LC missed a lot of wide open jumpers they usually connect on. Garrard wanted this game more and they took it. It's obvious by some of the quotes in the article. I think it is a good point that LC views Boyle as their biggest rival. Probably true, in basketball, for LC and BC. However, the kid from Garrard views LC as their biggest. Seems odd to me, they just recently joined the same district and LC has dominated the series, going 48-20 (according to GCHS's hard work).

 

When Garrard left the 46th District and joined the 45th, that really left the school without a true rival. For years Mercer County and Garrard County had been huge rivals and every game was a war, usually with a tournament seed (and avoidance of Harrodsburg) on the line. With the district change, Garrard/Mercer and Garrard/Harrodsburg games no longer meant very much and with the closing of Harrodsburg and consolidation, Mercer County isn't the same type of team/school that it used to be.

 

Moving back to the 45th District (remember Garrard was in the 45th from 1964-1982) meant Lincoln and Boyle would obviously become more of a rivalry than in the past. The kids playing today had heard stories of big district games with Lincoln, Boyle and Danville from the older people/parents in the community, but hadn't really been a part of one. I think the quote in the paper indicates that Garrard viewed Lincoln as not only one of the best programs in the region, but also a natural neighbor and obvious choice of rival. Because of that, beating Lincoln was/is/will be a big thing for Garrard County.

  • Author
When Garrard left the 46th District and joined the 45th, that really left the school without a true rival. For years Mercer County and Garrard County had been huge rivals and every game was a war, usually with a tournament seed (and avoidance of Harrodsburg) on the line. With the district change, Garrard/Mercer and Garrard/Harrodsburg games no longer meant very much and with the closing of Harrodsburg and consolidation, Mercer County isn't the same type of team/school that it used to be.

 

Moving back to the 45th District (remember Garrard was in the 45th from 1964-1982) meant Lincoln and Boyle would obviously become more of a rivalry than in the past. The kids playing today had heard stories of big district games with Lincoln, Boyle and Danville from the older people/parents in the community, but hadn't really been a part of one. I think the quote in the paper indicates that Garrard viewed Lincoln as not only one of the best programs in the region, but also a natural neighbor and obvious choice of rival. Because of that, beating Lincoln was/is/will be a big thing for Garrard County.

 

 

I don't think people from LC feel the same way... Boyle County is our biggest basketball rival.

 

I just pointed it out, regarding the quotes in the article, because I really thought those emotions showed on the court for Garrard.

 

Interesting stuff...

I don't think people from LC feel the same way... Boyle County is our biggest basketball rival.

 

I just pointed it out, regarding the quotes in the article, because I really thought those emotions showed on the court for Garrard.

 

Interesting stuff...

 

It is a generational/cyclical thing.

 

When the school started, Pulaski County would have been the rival as much as anyone else. Garrard was a rival early on, too. The Boyle County rivalry has come around recently.

I did not get to listen to the game last night sounds like Garrard Co. really took it to the Pats. I give it up to the Lions. I hope Lincoln can get them back at home in feb.

I did not get to listen to the game last night sounds like Garrard Co. really took it to the Pats. I give it up to the Lions. I hope Lincoln can get them back at home in feb.

 

The game in Stanford was already going to be difficult for the Lions to win. After last night, I certainly expect Lincoln to be smarting and will play twice as hard (and better) for the rematch.

The game in Stanford was already going to be difficult for the Lions to win. After last night, I certainly expect Lincoln to be smarting and will play twice as hard (and better) for the rematch.

 

I hope Garrard can develope some bench before district and regionals. If they can they will really be tough to beat because the starting 5 are solid. Good luck the rest of the year gchs.:thumb:

I look for the game Feb. 9th to be one of the biggest crowds LC has had in a very long time. For one, Garrard beat them by 19. For two...ITS FREE!

I look for the game Feb. 9th to be one of the biggest crowds LC has had in a very long time. For one, Garrard beat them by 19. For two...ITS FREE!

 

That word definitely needs to get out in Lancaster and Garrard County. Obviously Lincoln should/will have a bigger crowd, but half of the gymnasium needs to be filled with Golden Lions fans. You can't do better than free!

You are exactly right. I would like to see a Garrard student section as well. As I was watching the game last night, there were quite a few kids in it. I just wish they could all carry it 7 miles down the road!:laugh:

Lincoln just had a bad game, they will be ready next time!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.