Garrard County 56 Lincoln County 37

Congrats to Garrard for ending the 7 game losing streak in this series. GC worried me coming into this game, their offense is very hard to prepare for. And was too much for LC tonight. Garrard was the better team in every aspect of the game tonight. They played with more energy and determination from the opening tip.

I've been to a lot of LC games over the years. That was probably the poorest shooting performance I've ever seen from the school. They missed many wide open shots that could've made this a better game. LC is not blessed with a lot of scorerers this year, and the few they have weren't able to get off tonight. Spurlin played in too fast, and rushed to many jumpers. I thought he could of scored inside at will. He finished with 17pts.

This gives Garrard a bid advantage for the 1 seed in the district playoffs.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions led at every stop and were never really threatened. After one it was 13-8; 25-16 at the break; 41-29 after three quarters. I don't know the rebounding stats, but that's where Garrard won the ballgame. Lincoln was one shot and done on nearly every trip.

Garrard had five players score and nearly all were equal. Hunter Hensley and Trent Prather had 13 apiece, with Justin Ray adding 12, Evan Preston had 10 and Tyler Woods had 8. Ethan Spurlin led Lincoln with 17 points, but never really seemed comfortable.

The game was a little rowdy, action was intense, but Garrard kept the pressure on and put the game away early in the fourth quarter. I will say that I didn't care for the "overrated" chant by the Garrard students; first, where was Lincoln rated? Second, doesn't that just make your victory look less impressive?

This is the first meeting between these two. Round two is in Stanford on February 9 and I expect Lincoln to be looking to make amends for tonight. Might see a third matchup in the district tournament as well.

One side note, I was very discouraged by the Garrard Co. crowd. People need to get out and watch this team, they are fun too watch. LC probably had twice the crowd there...

It was disappointing, although the Tuesday night crowd is never great. No band because of no school made it look much smaller and obviously quieter. I'm guessing the crowds will pick up with East Jessamine and Boyle coming to Lancaster this weekend.

It was disappointing, although the Tuesday night crowd is never great. No band because of no school made it look much smaller and obviously quieter. I'm guessing the crowds will pick up with East Jessamine and Boyle coming to Lancaster this weekend.

That East Jess game should be a dandy...:popcorn:

Lions led at every stop and were never really threatened. After one it was 13-8; 25-16 at the break; 41-29 after three quarters. I don't know the rebounding stats, but that's where Garrard won the ballgame. Lincoln was one shot and done on nearly every trip.

Garrard had five players score and nearly all were equal. Hunter Hensley and Trent Prather had 13 apiece, with Justin Ray adding 12, Evan Preston had 10 and Tyler Woods had 8. Ethan Spurlin led Lincoln with 17 points, but never really seemed comfortable.

The game was a little rowdy, action was intense, but Garrard kept the pressure on and put the game away early in the fourth quarter. I will say that I didn't care for the "overrated" chant by the Garrard students; first, where was Lincoln rated? Second, doesn't that just make your victory look less impressive?

This is the first meeting between these two. Round two is in Stanford on February 9 and I expect Lincoln to be looking to make amends for tonight. Might see a third matchup in the district tournament as well.

That chant never, ever makes sense. That one always baffles me.

That East Jess game should be a dandy...:popcorn:

Garrard hasn't played East Jessamine since the '04-'05 season. Jaguars have won five of the six meetings between the two. Games were always physical and I'm not sure the coaches exactly got along. That was before Coach DeForest.

Maybe they saw your 12th region rankings.:D