Secret Service guys

bugatti

BTW, I talked to a Secret Service agent friend of mine a few months back who is close to one of the agents on Obama's protection team (or at least back then - they rotate teams frequently). Said the guy raved about Obama - that he was extremely friendly and well-liked by the agents. Even shot hoops with him one day.

In contrast, I personally knew an agent who was on the Clintons' protection team. Some interesting stories there. ;) And the agents absolutely hated Hillary.

Did you explain to him that the majority or Americans that come into contact with her probably do.:D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the major cities. Ain't a lot of counterfeiting going on in our part of the world, trust me.

Actually I know of atleast two incidents where this happened in NKY. One of which was in Beechgrove. We were walking in an area that had a park close by, walk around a corner and there were about 20 or more guys all prepping to raid a house near by. FBI, secret service, I think ATF, and local police officers were all there. I knew some of the officers and got more info later. It was CRAZY, guys in tactical gear and everything, I felt like I had just walked on to a movie set. This was probably about 7 or 8 years ago.

Although it's much harder to counterfit the newer money now that say a decade ago.

Actually I know of atleast two incidents where this happened in NKY. One of which was in Beechgrove. We were walking in an area that had a park close by, walk around a corner and there were about 20 or more guys all prepping to raid a house near by. FBI, secret service, I think ATF, and local police officers were all there. I knew some of the officers and got more info later. It was CRAZY, guys in tactical gear and everything, I felt like I had just walked on to a movie set. This was probably about 7 or 8 years ago.

Although it's much harder to counterfit the newer money now that say a decade ago.

A lot more going on than counterfeiting if all these guys were involved. I've been a federal agent in this area for almost 23 years now and I don't recall this incident of the top of my head. If there was counterfeiting involved, it was likely low level guys just passing the bills, not producing them.

I'm currently going through the background check process to do my internship with them at the moment.

If and when you get in , you will get that process every five years.:lol:

After your 3rd one you will be ready to have your check sent to your house.:thumb:

Oh yea, after your second one your in to deep to quit and you just pray you will make it.:walk:

If and when you get in , you will get that process every five years.:lol:

After your 3rd one you will be ready to have your check sent to your house.:thumb:

Oh yea, after your second one your in to deep to quit and you just pray you will make it.:walk:

Thanks for the support.:lol:

In the major cities. Ain't a lot of counterfeiting going on in our part of the world, trust me.

Nothing serious definitely but don't they still have to investigate every incident reported no matter how insignificant it might be? I can name 3 different high schools in Louisville the Secret Service has been to in the last few years for counterfeiting.

Oh, and being a Federal Agent of anysort is basically all I want to do so if you have any free advice you'd like to share with me be my guest.:cool:

Boondock, I don't know how cool I can be with you if you become a Fed. :D :jump:

Or wait, maybe I should be REALLY cool with you. :lol:

Sounds like you need to keep your distance during my background check but once I'm all clear we'll be good to go. :lol:

Seriously though, this background stuff has me sweating...

Sounds like you need to keep your distance during my background check but once I'm all clear we'll be good to go. :lol:

Remember that time you took that piece of candy from the Mexican restaurant without dropping in a quarter? THEY KNOW.....:lol:

No need to. If you don't have a criminal record, don't have any ties with questionable organizations (i.e., KKK), and no history of mental illness, your background will go fine. The basic training can be challenging at times (both physically and scholastically), though, and plenty of people have flunked out. You'll be fine. :thumb:

Nothing serious definitely but don't they still have to investigate every incident reported no matter how insignificant it might be? I can name 3 different high schools in Louisville the Secret Service has been to in the last few years for counterfeiting.

Oh, and being a Federal Agent of anysort is basically all I want to do so if you have any free advice you'd like to share with me be my guest.:cool:

Absolutely they have to investigate any such report. But around this area, it's a pretty safe bet that it's someone who inadvertantly and unknowingly got their hands on a counterfeit bill that has worked it way through the system. Crummy thing is that even if you innocently came into possession of the bill, when it gets taken from you, they don't replace it with a good one. You're just out the cash.

Keep checking usajobs.gov for job openings and opportunities. If you see an opening in which you'd be interested, call that office and try to get an introductory interview with the SAC (special agent in charge) of that office so he'll have a face to associate with your application.

Just tell the truth no matter how trivial it may seem. They dig hard. The names you gave as reference are only the beginning, they ask them if they know anyone else that knows you ! Someone in your neiborhood will be able to answer your questions about what they ask. Just watch for a strange vehicle parked around the corner or a well dressed stranger with a briefcase. You'll know !:thumb: Good thing is you will never miss a days pay, you will accrue more time off than you will have time to use, and one day you will get a retirement check with an additional 2 1/2% for hazardous duty pay.:lol: After that you will get an annual cost of living raise which will be consumed by taxes and insurance!:clap: It's a hard job, but somone has to do it. It probably beats K Mart !:idunno: